Chapter 03

A Study in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're suprised, huh." Jungkook laugh.

 

"Yeah, I am surprised. I mean, I wouldn't have expected someone so young to be the landlord." Kyungsoo smiles a little while gazing at the boy, "The person who made that quiz from before and the one who you said likes them. That was Mr. Kim, wasn't it?"

 

"You got it. I mean, I don't mind quizzes and all, but you try having to answer every single quiz he gives you. Oh, by the way.." he stop to look at her and give her a warning. "You might be in for an even bigger shock when you meet Jongin, so get ready."

 

"What's that supposed to-"

 

"Stop right there, Jungkook."

 

Just as they we're starting to head up the staircase, they hear a man's voice come from upstairs, stopping them.

 

"See, it's already started. Seems like I'm not going to have to explain what I meant when I said you'd be in for a shock." Jungkook shock his head in disappointment and then they hear the man speak again.

 

"A young woman..." the man stop for a bit, then he continue. "A flight attendant? No, she's an actress. And, she's been one since she was a child."

 

"Don't change the subject, Jongin! Chanyeol, you're at fault here, too! It's your job to keep an eye on him, isn't it?!" there's another man voice and he yelled, angry.

 

"Joonmyun, I've told you time and again. I'm not Jongin's mother! Nor am I his father, obviously." again they heard another man voice and this time, the man has really deep voice and he sounded annoyed and tired at the same time. "And, anyway, even if I did keep an eye on him, Jongin will always be Jongin. Not even the Prime minister or the Queen herself could control him."

 

From the other side of the open door at the top of the stairs, there is where Kyungsoo can hear does several men talking. Just then, the cat slips out of Jungkook's arms and runs ahead up the stairs, disappearing into the room at the top. As Kyungsoo watch it run off, she hesitantly whisper something to Jungkook.

 

"Um, it seems like they're kind of busy, so maybe I should come back another time.."

 

"Don't worry about it. They're always like this." Jungkook says this in an unconcerned voice, and then walks through the door into the living room. "All right, no more arguing. We've got a guest."

 

Jungkook motions for her to come in, so Kyungsoo quietly step inside. Random items are strewn about the room.Three men are there, stopping their argument and they all look at her. After they see there guest, the black haired look shocked to see her for a split second but his expression go back to normal immediately like it didn't even happened.

 

"Um, hello. My name is Do Kyungsoo."

 

Having introduced herself, the first person to extend his hand to her is the taller man with platinum white hair. He's got a calm and friendly air around him.

 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Park Chanyeol. Feel free to call me Chanyeol."

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Chanyeol. I believe I read that you're Mr. Kim's assistant..?"

 

Kyungsoo hesitate for a moment to say it but she remember, she saw that in an article online. 

 

"Well, I suppose so. I'm actually a doctor, but at some point I became better known for my role as a detective's assistant." Chanyeol explain while still maintaining his friendly smile while the black haired only stare at her, watching there exchange of greeting.

 

Next, a very honest-looking man extends his hand out to Kyungsoo and they shake hands.

 

"Kim Joonmyun."

 

"He doesn't look like it, but he's actually a police inspertor at EXOdus Yard." Chanyeol grins while Joonmyun grumbled.

 

"You could have left out the part about 'not looking like it'."

 

"Nice to meet you, Insperctor Kim."

 

Kyungsoo smile and turn to look at the quiet black haired, thinking it's the one who she came from in there.

 

"By the way, pardon my asking, but have we met somewhere before?" Joonmyun frown staring at her.

 

"Joonmyun..." Chanyeol sigh a little dramatic and stare at his friend. "that really is rude of you. Honestly, everyone can see where you're trying to take this."

 

"Yeah. That's a pretty old pick-up line, huh." Jungkook groaned shaking his head disappointed at the latter.

 

"W-Wait, no! I wasn't trying to come on to her! I really HAVE seen her somewhere before!" Joonmyun yells nervously while gesturing at Kyungsoo.

 

"Hold on." Chanyeol looks back at her and stare, "Now that you mention it, I feel like I've seen her somewhere as well..."

 

"Um, that may be because I'm-"

 

Kyungsoo was about to tell the others that it's because she's an actress, but the black haired cut her words by speaking in annoyed tone.

 

"So you've come to hire me? If it turns out to be a boring assignment, I'll be quite upset."

 

Suddenly, the man with the black hair stands up from the couch in front of the fireplace and strides over to Kyungsoo.

 

"Let us review. You're an actress. You started acting as a child, and now you're preparing for your first lead role. You don't have any fans who present you with money or gifts."

 

"An actress? You were saying something about that right before she showed up here, weren't you?" Joonmyun whisper thoughtfully.

 

It's not that strange for someone who watches TV a lot to know that Kyungsoo is an actress, and that she started as a child.

 

"After rehearsal, you came straight here." the black haired look at the side a bit before he continue, "Wait, no. You stopped by a cafe."

 

"Aha! I'm sure I've seen her before. She's-" Chanyeol yelp but the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter