Chapter 02

A Study in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, Kyungsoo had to put those flowers they gave her in a vase and leave them in the dressing room. They were so beautiful that she really wanted to bring them home with her but where she's going now, she really counldn't bring such a big bouquet of flowers along with her.

 

Kyungsoo look down inside of the bag to see the address of where she's going again.

 

'Let's see, I know it's on ElyXiOn Street...'

 

She's passing by a restaurant called 'EXO'Luxion', searching through her bag when she's walking along the edge of the street, Kyungsoo end up ramming into someone by accident.

 

"Ow.."

 

The boy that she seem to have bumped into is on the ground just in front of her, having fallen down backwards into a seated position.

 

"I-I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going..." Kyungsoo leans down and help the boy up, "Are you okay? Can you stand?"

 

"Mm..I'm fine. How about you? Are you okay?" the boy says.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

 

"Really? Great! 'Cause I wasn't looking where I was going, either. So don't worry about it." he beams looking at her smiling showing his two big cute like bunny teeth.

 

The boy seems to be about middle-shool age, and he's pretty mature for being so young.

 

"Hold on. It's gone...!"

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"What do I do..? It looks like I dropped the piece of paper I was holding when I ran into you."

 

"A piece of paper?" Kyungsoo asks while watching the boy look frantically around.

 

"Yeah. It was about this big, and it had some letters written on it, kind of like a code.."

 

"Maybe this is it here?" 

 

Seeing a piece of paper matching the boy description lying under the trees alongside the road, Kyungsoo pick it up and give it to the boy.

 

"Oh..! That's it! Thank you! Good I don't know what I would've done if I'd lost it." the boy beams again looking happy that he didn't lost the paper.

 

"I'm glad we found it." Kyungsoo chuckled at the boy cute antics, "So, it's an important piece of paper, huh?"

 

"Yeah. You see, I've got this friend who likes quizzes. And, this is one that he thought up." 

 

"It's a quiz?"

 

"Yep. Plus, there's a three-hour time limit. If you try to rust it, it's even harder to solve." the boy explain. "I wonder if you can figure it out. Want to take a look?"

 

With that, the boy holds the piece of paper out to me. Looking at it, I see that it says 'TWTFSS, fill in the blank with the correct letter'. 

 

"I think I might know the answer!" Kyungsoo smile down at the boy after seeing the paper.

 

"Really?! What is it?" the boy eyes widen in surprised, eager to know the answer and excited at the same time.

 

"So, the letter that goes in the blank is 'M'."

 

"'M'? Why?" the boy asks more excitedly, eyes sparkling in hope.

 

"Umm, well, there's no M in front of the T, right? So I thought maybe there'd be a M in front of the first T, too..."

 

"Come on.. you can't just go making random guesses. I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hope up."

 

The boy pouts after Kyungsoo shrug her shoulder after answering. Kyungsoo smile a little when the boy pouts more and he looks down because of her answer, she then give him her serious thought about the question.

 

"This time I tell you what I though!"

 

"For real this time? Can you give a proper explanation for you answer?" the boy eyes shine in excitement again.

 

"Yep! Trust me, I got this!" Kyungsoo smile at the boy and nods her head explaining, "These letters represent the days of the week. It starts with Monday, then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.."

 

"Oh, I get it! They're the first letters of the days of the week!" the boy beams happily.

 

"Right. And, since the first letter in 'Monday' goes in the blank.."

 

"'Monday' start with an 'M', so that's the answer!"

 

"Yup." Kyungsoo giggles.

 

"You're amazing! I don't believe it..I've only just shown you the question, and you've already firuged out the answer!" the boy cheers after finding the answer, his cutely  jumping on his feet a little. "I'd better tell Jongin right away. Thanks a lot!"

 

"Oh...sure. You're welcome..." 

 

Before Kyungsoo can answer him, the boy runs off as if in a hurry.

 

'Wait, did he just say 'Jongin'?' Kyungsoo tilts her head while watching the boy turn to the corner and disappear on her sight.

 

"Bravo!"

 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo hear a clear voice coming from somewhere behind her, cutting through the other noise and interrupting her train of thought. Kyungsoo quickly turn around to see three men sitting in the outdoor seating for 'EXO'Luxion''. They're all staring at Kyungsoo. One of them is clapping his hands in a slow, theatrical manner.

 

"Well done. Truly well done, Miss Do."

 

The men are sitting around a table upon which several teacups are set. Kyungsoo don't recognize any of them, more people she don't know and this is the second time that she heard a strangers calling her by name. 

 

"Ah, but how rude of me to just call to you out of the blue like that! My name's Kim Jongdae. Please, just call me Jongdae."

 

The young man with chocolate brown hair stops clapping and stand up, walking over to her, he then extends his right hand. 

 

"You're Do Kyungsoo, aren't you? I've seen you perform on stage, you see. I couldn't help saying something when I saw you there."

 

Kyungsoo's really wondering there for a second to how did he know her name, now she know how. Shooting her a friendly smile, he shaked her hand in a very genuine, natural way. 

 

"I'm flattered that you know who I am, Jongdae." 

 

"Of course I know you! By nature, it's hard NOT to notice an actress who excels at her craft." Jongdae says cheerfully, "But, in your case especially, it's not just your acting skill that drawns one's attention. Now that I see you out here in the light of day, you're even more radiant than you are up on stage."

 

"Jongdae, how about you two sit down before you start coming on to her?"

 

"That's right. Her cinnamon tea is going to get cold!"

 

Now, the two men who were sitting around the table with Jongdae each take a turn speaking.

 

"Cinnamon tea? I don't remember anyone ordering that. And, in any event, nowhere at our table do I see any cinnamon tea." 

 

Jongdae says while looking around there table confused, Kyungsoo was thinking the same thing after the two men mention it and she's not sure who could they mean with 'her' cinnamon tea, Kyungsoo don't know if they referring to her or they waiting for someone.

 

"No problem. Here it comes right now." the black haired says.

 

"Here you are. One cinnamon tea."

 

As if timed perfectly, a waiter brings some cinnamon tea to the table and then walks off.

 

"I see. You guys really are excellent friends.." Jongdae grins at his friend before he look back at her. "Miss Do, please sit down and have some tea with us."

 

"Huh? Um, I don't know.."

 

Kyungsoo look down at the ground for a bit before she look back at the three men contemplating, Jongdae might want to have tea with her but she's not really sure about the other two. They might see her as an imposition and she don't like to be one.

 

"What's wrong? You don't like cinnamon tea?" Jongdae asks, looking a bit worried.

 

"No, that can't be." the black haired at the right shock his head slightly.

 

"Right. She probably really like it, actually." the pink haired at the left nods agreeing to the latter.

 

"Um, well...actually, yeah. I do really like it." Kyungsoo blink at the two strangers thinking if they can read her mind because they said what she was about to say before she could even answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter