Chapter 01

A Study in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"As all of you here today well know, there are a number of reasons why people are driven to commit acts of evil. Some desire riches or prestige. Some believe that what they're doing is for the greater good. And on occasion, some even do evil things out of love. Love drives people to madness. No matter how wise or clever you may be, love will turn you into a fool."

 

"Love can make a king cast off his crown and abandon his birthright. It can make a person sacrifice all they hold dear. It can take a wise man and reduce him to a naive child... Who among us is not brought to their knees in the face of love?"

 

"All right, go ahead and stop there. That's it for today's rehearsal!" 

 

Suddenly, the young woman stopped and she was greeted by the sound of a single, loud clap, pulling her out of her character and back into reality. Instantly the tention in the air up on stage subsides, and she take a deep breath.

 

"Excellent performance, Kyungsoo. Brilliant! Clearly I made the right choice when I cast you! Considering this is your first time playing a lead role, you're doing much better than I could have expected. Keep up the good work!" the Director of the play says, smiling at the young woman infront of him.

 

"Thank you! I will!"

 

Smiling back at her director, Kyungsoo start to head back to the dressing room when someone strikes up a conversation with her. It's Park Jinyoung, who plays opposite her in there production.

 

"Good work out there, Kyungsoo."

 

"You too, Jinyoung. Not much longer and it'll be opening night, huh."

 

"Yeah, I can't wait! If the show does well, you might find yourself an instant star, Kyungsoo."

 

"Thanks. Lately I've mostly had TV roles, so I was nervous being back up on the big stage for the first time in so long."

 

"You, nervous? HA! Well you certainly didn't look it! You're modest like that, which is one of the many nice things about you." Jinyoung smile brightly at her, "Anyway ...so, Kyungsoo. Would you be interested in maybe checking out a movie or something with me after this?"

 

"Sorry. I've got something I have to do today that I just can't put off." Kyungsoo smile back, apologetic, "But, thank you for inviting me. See you at our next rehearsal."

 

"Ah, gotcha. Too bad. Well, sorry for keeping you, Kyungsoo."

 

"No problem. See you later, Jinyoung."

 

After saying goodbye to her partner in play, Kyungsoo hurry toward the dressing room.

 

~~*~~

'I'm glad the rehearsal went so smoothly. We ended up getting done early. Okay, now that I'm done changing, I'd better get going. I'm not forgetting anything, am I..?'

 

As she look around the room after her thought, she check the time on her smartphone when she hear someone out in the hall knocking on the door to the dressing room. Kyungsoo stare at the door for a moment thinking who could it be knocking on her door while she's at the dressing room, after making a decision and thinking that its only the person who assign for the costume.

 

"I'll be right there!" 

 

And with that, she walk to the door and open it to see, standing before her is a three young men, Kyungsoo never meet or talk before.

 

"Well hello, madam! How does the day find you?"

 

'Who could they be..?' Kyungsoo thought while staring at the three young men infront of her.

 

"Have I startled you? Or is it that you just can't take your eyes off me? Yes, I can certainly understand how you might find that difficult!" the raven haired young man standing in the middle speaks in an excited tone. "However, if you continue to look at me with such desire in your eyes, even I might have a hard time maintaining my composure!"

 

He has a big smile on his face as he looks at Kyungsoo, a bouquet of bright blue roses of eye-catching beauty in his arms.

 

"Since you find my face so captivating, please, do as you like to it. A touch, a kiss... whatever you want."

 

"No, that's okay, I didn't mean to..."

 

"You're quite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter