Chapter 5- What!?

Why Promises May Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was pacing back and forth in my kitchen. I immediately excused myself right after Ayva and my unexpected visitor finally settled down inside. Yes. Moon ing Byulyi is breathing the same air as me and to make it worst was sitting in my living room. My life indeed was full of surprises. My throat went really dry and decided to get a glass of water and drank it all down in just one sipping. I heard Ayva laughed and the feeling of wanted to drag that woman away and out in my space arose. I really can’t blame the child for being so comfortable right away though. I was washing the used glass when someone coughed behind me. I don’t need to turn around to know who it was and pure irritation just made me rolled my eyes I thought it won’t be back to its proper place.

“Ayva said she’s hungry.” She started.

“Okay. I have to get her food then.” I replied nonchalantly and put the glass back to the rack. 

“And she wants me to stay for dinner.” She added. I was forced to look at her this time.

“Tell her you’re tired.” 

“Oh, I just played with her so she knew I’m definitely not tired.” She said while leaning at the door frame.

“Tell her you’re not hungry then.” I spat the words harshly.

She gave me a cocky grin. “I am hungry.” Her eyes suddenly surveyed down my body, went up again and stared longer on my lips. I can’t even distinguish if what crossed behind those orbs for a while. Lust? Longingness? 

“You ert!” I angrily whispered. I was stomping my way out but she used her right hand to block the remaining passageway on the door frame. The air went hot instantly. I was only few inches away from her. Her perfume played around my nostrils and this closeness was quite dangerous for my fragile heart.

“I missed you. I might kiss you right now.” She said in a very low tone. I felt unexplainable sensations crept towards below my stomach. Goosebumps.

“Stop this sickness right now. I’m telling you.” I replied coldly as I refused to look at her.

“Oh yeah? And who would’ve thought that I would end up chasing you across the other side of the world just because of your pure stupidity. I swear to heavens what you strongly believed were all wro-“

“How bold of you to say that when you’re the one who’s getting married under my nose while shamelessly asking for a rotten chance and-“

“Aunt Ddunie? Aunt Byulyi? Are you fighting?” The girl was looking at us in a distance, her eyes already watered. I was beyond mortified and pushed through Byulyi’s blocking hand. I kneeled in front of her and wiped the teardrops that are already closed to release.

“I ah..No, baby. No. Me and your aunt B-byul were discussing about a-abou-“ I stammered. I felt someone’s presence next to me and Byul also ended the same as my position except that she had only bent her right knee.

“About what we should cook for our dinner since both of us are not good in the kitchen and it led to a very little friendly argument. We’re still friends. I think already bestfriends.” She smiled sweetly to the little girl as she put her other arm around my shoulders. “Right, Yong?” She asked me but still looking at Ayva. 

This little sneaky ugh.

I sighed deeply and forced a matching smile.

“Yes, Byul. So baby shouldn’t be sad now right?” I cupped Ayva’s cheek. And relief flowed within as the little girl started to smile too. She suddenly hugged me and Byul squishing us together. She’s giggling so much it started to became contagious.

“But can we eat now? I’m starving.” She broke the hug and touched her little tummy.

“Okay. I’ll get us a delivery now. What do you want, sweetie?” I asked.

“Korean food! I love Korean food!” She said happily and ran back into the living room out of excitement. Me and Byul was left dumbfounded and as soon as Ayva was out of our sight I immediately flicked Byul’s arm off as it was still wrapped around my shoulders and left her to find my phone.

Dinner would probably be the most awkward, not to mention that I was seated in front Byul, if it wasn’t for Ayva who’s randomly conversing with us. The little girl decided to use chopsticks which she had a minor struggle that Byul found adorable and tried to help her picking up her meat. I was looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter