Rehearsal Break

Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi's manager pulled out at the SM building's parking lot. Given the urgency of the corona virus outbreak in South Korea, their group and other idol groups as well cannot promote as often as they can. Red Velvet's only broadcasted promotion for their comeback was in Seoul Music Awards last month. Despite their early performance, Red Velvet still managed to garner top headlines left and right in various news articles and on SNS. This prompted Seulgi to practice even harder to give justice for Wendy's spot for the meantime.

It's been hard for the girls these days, but they are still trying hard to fill in for their lack of promotions and giving themselves strength for the absent presence at their apartment. Seulgi has been taking to her Instagram account to update fans with random selcas, photoshoots, and recently, her selca with actor Kang Haneul and the cast of the musical Fantasy Tale. Their management has decided for them to work on solo activities first until their member is completely healed, they have been also granted permission to spend some leisure time with friends and family.

And so, that is why Seulgi is walking through the halls of SM building on the way to practice room. As she opens the door, she saw two boys sprawled out on the floor, two on the couch, three on the window seats, and four were goofing off with each other at the DJ section. That’s when she remembered, NCT 127 were having their comeback around March.  

When they noticed the unexpected visitor, they stood up and greeted her in unison. Doyoung, Haechan, Taeil, and Johnny were the ones who initiated a conversation with her, the others still standing respectfully. Seulgi hurriedly waved her hands and gestured them to do whatever they were doing before.

“Seulgi noona, what brings you here?” Johnny asked.

“Oh, I was just passing by. My members are still busy with their solo schedules, so I thought I would hang out here for an hour or two. But you guys are having your comeback, so you should practice hard!” she replied good-naturedly.

“Ey, that’s fine noona,” Haechan shrugged off. “We are still on our break. Besides, we’re almost complete with the preparations. We can just go out and eat or something.”

“No, you can’t,” Seulgi shakes her head repeatedly. “It’s dangerous outside, I’ll just come back here tomorrow. Finish your rehearsal,” she tried to show her best stern sunbae expression.

“Well, then how about we stay here, and you practice? Do you need the mic?” Doyoung was already pulling her inside the room.

“Ya, Doyoung-ah! I’m really fine, I can come back here next ti—” Doyoung, Haechan, and Taeil were already seated on the floor, as if waiting for their mom to sing their bedtime song. Johnny snickered before telling the other members to keep their voices down. Yuta followed suit and slapped Mark’s , effectively silencing his giggles. Taeyong stared at the people by the DJ booth curiously.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter