Pride

Encounters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Last two minutes, girls!" a PD announced at the door.

Boom!

Death by grenade, are you kidding me?

"Yerim-ah, I told you to stay away from me! We were this close to chicken dinner!" Seulgi playfully ruffles her member's hair before standing up, making her way to the backstage.

"Unnie! I told you I was still loading up my M4A," Yeri lays her head against the couch and closed her eyes in mock frustration, "We would have still lost either way!"

It was their 5th Seoul Music Awards tonight. For the first time, they are expected to perform three songs and the girls are crazy pumped up like never before.

The fact that they are performing three songs is enough to cover up the pain and disappointment from knowing that their group is performing on the first half of the night only. There is nothing wrong with that, given that there are a lot of senior idols present tonight. Although she understands that it's because Zimzalabim and Umpah Umpah did not make a huge impact to their local and international audience, only significantly fewer people actively listened to their group last year before they released Psycho. But the fact that they are placed in between relatively new idol groups is a tad bit insulting, if Seulgi was to be honest. But of course she will never say that out loud. Red Velvet is on their sixth year in the industry and they have released multiple top tier singles, topped in global music charts, they performed in North Korea for God's sake!

Seulgi fastened her light brown cargo pants for the umpteenth time before stepping towards the black sliding doors backstage. Since debut, she has always made sure the bottom part of her outfit is locked tight and nicely. It has been a light mannerism of hers to severely check her stage outfit condition and pay close attention to the bottom for no reason.

 

 

"Thank you, everyone!" A massive applause formed at Bolbbalgan4's winning speech for their Bonsang.

"Once again, congratulations to Bolbbalgan4! The next performance will begin in a few moments. Everyone, please stand by," the host announced.

 

Lights go out.

Chatters silence.

Several seconds pass.

 

"Feel the rhythm momi gieokaneun daero joa..."

Audience screams and cheers fill the stadium for Red Velvet as stage lights open in sync like they do at concerts. Although the girls could not hear them through their earpiece, just being able to perform in front of people is enough for them. For Seulgi, their comebacks in 2019 really showed the increasing authenticity of Red Velvet. From Zimzalabim to Umpah Umpah, mixed opinions from people do not matter much to her. She thinks that the online bashes and praises only raised the level of critique her group receives. This only strengthened their title as one of the most versatile girl groups in history.

 

 

Taeyeon her head to the side in confusion. (G)I-dle has just performed earlier. Why is Red Velvet already onstage? Not to be biased, but Taeyeon knows for a fact that her juniors have given significant contributions to the K-pop industry. They are one of the few idols who are not presented as mere famous people, but as important figures to look up to. So why are they already performing? Taeyeon sighs internally, these events, really. I just want to go back to my apartment and cuddle with Zero.

 

 

It has been a while since Super Junior attended an awards show with complete members and actually watch from the idols' section instead of watching through the TV in the waiting rooms. When the familiar tune of Umpah Umpah started to play, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Shindong automatically stood up and mimicked the song's point move, while Donghae seems to be demonstrating a mix of Umpah Umpah and Red Flavor. No can really tell. Leeteuk claps his hands, wearing a proud father smile. Yesung looks towards the camera shooting them, wearing an emotionless expression while holding the SuJuVelvet sign. Ryeowook, Siwon, laugh at their ridiculous members.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter