Three

Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 years ago


 

I was at the cafeteria with Seunghoon, Jiho, Pyo, and Jinu, talking about going on a trip when the semester ends when Seungyoon and his small group of friends came in. I absolutely have no idea how last night happened but I also absolutely cannot stop thinking about it. He texted me that he got home last night and I told him goodnight but that was it. We didn’t talk about the making out and if I have to replace his probably very expensive now charcoal smeared shirt.

 

“So, I guess things did happen last night huh?” Seunghoon said while looking from me to Seungyoon.

 

“Huh?” I asked him.

 

“Stop playing dumb. Everyone in the dorms know that Seungyoon was in your room last night.” Jinu whispered as everybody huddled to listen in.

 

“Seungyoon? Kang Seungyoon?” Pyo asked, disbelief in his face and I almost want to get offended that he didn’t think I’d ever have a chance with Seungyoon.

 

“Wait so you slept with Seungyoon? C’mon tell us!” Jiho asked. He and Pyo share an apartment a bit farther from the campus. That means only people from our dorm has been gossiping thank god. I hope none of it reached Seungyoon.

 

“There’s nothing to tell. Jesus, calm down.” I said just so they’d drop it. People are starting to give us weird stares. Seungyoon was still talking to his friends, I don’t think he noticed I was there.

 

“So nothing happened at all last night?” Seunghoon asked.

 

“I-” I hesitated which was a big mistake.

 

“You are a terrible liar, Song Mino.” Seunghoon said while patting my head. I opened my mouth and then closed it. He’s right, I am a terrible liar. 

 

“Oh wow, I was just playing along but  I didn’t think something really did happen.” Jinu said with a hand to his mouth as the others laughed.

 

“Jesus, mind your own business will you. I don’t pester you guys whenever you date around.” I told them and it’s true. I don’t really care unless it’s serious. They never really cared much about my exes too.

 

“It’s just so interesting that it’s Kang Seungyoon.” Pyo said while rubbing his chin. “You don’t seem like his type. Isn’t his ex the student body president? Nam Taehyun?”

 

I didn’t know that. Seungyoon  wasn’t really on my radar until recently. That’s so strange. “Why do you know this?” I asked.

 

“Who doesn’t?” Jiho said. “Anyway his exes are all high profiled students and your exes are all well…” 

 

“Trash.” Seunghoon finished.

 

“That..I cannot argue with.” I said. Although to be fair, I don’t really take dating seriously. I’m young and having fun. There’s nothing wrong with that.

 

“Anyway Mino, do not try your games with him please. I’m kinda scared.” Jinu said and I think he’s half serious.

 

I sigh and look at Seungyoon’s table- he was reading a book. Alone. His friends left and now he’s sitting there alone. Should I go and talk to him? To say what. Yes? No? Yes?

 

“I’ll… talk to you guys later. I promise!” I quickly grabbed my bag and went to Seungyoon leaving their whispers of protests behind.

 

“Hey.” I said sounding a little breathless even if I just walked a few feet.

 

He looked up from the book he was reading and then smiled in surprise. “Oh, Mino. Hi.”

 

I grinned back at him and then scratched the back of my head. “Mind if I join you?”

 

“Not at all.”

 

I sat across him on the table and I noticed Nam Taehyun sitting a few tables back, looking at us. I ignored him.

 

Seungyoon closed the book he was reading. “I didn’t notice you were here.” He said lookinh around the cafeteria to see where I came from probably.

 

I turned around to show him. “Yeah I was sitting over…. There.” I almost didn’t want to finish the sentence because my stupid friends were all shamelessly watching us with knowing grins on their faces.

 

Seungyoon’s face looked amused. “Your friends seem..fun.”

 

“Fun is not the word I would use right now.” I tried to block Seungyoon’s view of them with my head and it worked. He looked at me again and smiled.

 

“So, how’s the drawing? I never got to see the end product.” 

 

“I just need to add more details. Then I’ll show you. Actually if you want to come over again, it’d be great to have the actual reference.” I swear I didn’t mean it to sound flirtatious but it totally did.

 

Yoon’s gaze turned warmer and ducked his head a little to murmur. “Maybe.”

 

Flushing and unable to keep the smile off my face, I dropped my gaze from his, a little overwhelmed by the intensity of the spark between us. My eyes went to Taehyun again, he’s still watching us. His friend looked like he was sneering at us and although I couldn't hear what was being said, Taehyun didn't look too happy about it.

 

“Are you and Nam Taehyun..?”

 

Seungyoon looked a little surprised by the sudden question until he followed my line of sight and then understanding settled in his face. “Taehyun’s a good guy, but we broke up over the summer and that’s not going to change.”

 

“Well by the look on his face right now, he wants it to change.”

 

Seungyoon sighed, annoyed. “Sorry. His family is kind of a big deal, and Taehyun is a little spoiled and territorial. He’ll move on.”

 

“I don’t know.” I said thoughtfully while propping my chin on one hand. “Is it possible to move on from a person like you?”

 

Seungyoon laughed softly. “Nice line.”

 

I smiled. “I’m not sure that was a line.” I was really thinking out loud.

 

“Oh, it was a line. So was that. You’re very good the flirting thing. Very confident.”

 

“I don’t know about that. I’ve never really had to wor-”

 

“Work on it?” He finished for me, quirking his eyebrow at me. “Confident or arrogant..”

 

I laughed at that. “You think you’re pretty smart.” I said.

 

“No. I know I’m pretty smart.”

 

“Now who’s arrogant?”

 

He chuckled but he shrugged. “Well, I have a reason to be. I’m awesome.” He said and if that wasn’t the understatement of the century. He’s smart, he’s rich, he’s hot. Maybe that’s why he was never in my radar. Pyo was right all along, even my subconscious thought he was too good for me. If only those were the only attractive things about him but I never expected for him to have such a good personality too.

 

“” I said in a low voice. I really can’t help it.  “I really want to kiss you right now.” 

 

Heat spread across his face. His cheeks and the tips of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter