A/N

telescope: seeing the edge of a galaxy through an upside-down lens
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note

 

hello (I made an A/N ‘cause why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

 

Tiny heads up: this probably contains a few spoilers for those of you who’ve not read the story yet!

 

when it comes to this specific story, I had tried to give myself as much freedom as possible, which is why you can definitely see some similarities between this story and my other ones. I like similar themes, and I like exploring them in Alternative Universes, and I guess that’s why most of my stories center around the same ideas. I’d also taken the liberty of reusing my old ideas for this story as well. Freedom is also why the narrative ended up being so, how do I put it? Broken into pieces? It was honestly just for my own sake, so that I wouldn’t get bored or dismayed.

 

It’s funny how some things begin: I tried to give myself as much freedom as possible in this story, but I still ended up setting a couple of rules for myself, or I fell into this pattern — this ‘style’. And from that the storyline got clearer as I wrote it. I was allowed the freedom to jump back and forth between the narrative (which made it easier for me to keep track of things).

 

The narrative is basically like this: anything written in third-person POV is written in the present, so it’s happening now, and that’s the main storyline that we’re following. But! Then we have Moonbyul and Yongsun’s thoughts popping up out of nowhere, and the idea behind that is that they’re describing what’s happening/happened in the future.

 

While writing the third and last part, I was worried how I was going to make it all come together, or how much further should/could I drag the story? That’s why some parts are repetitive in function, it was a deliberate choice, as I tried to weave things together. And also, I hoped that the overlapping of thoughts + storyline would add context to Moonbyul and Yongsun’s thoughts. And I’m not surprised if any of you choose to read it again, because OH BOI am I going to!

 

This story is primarily cyberpunk (at least I’ve tried to make it cyberpunk). It’s extremely difficult to write a cyberpunk AU when you don’t have the right terminology for all the technical stuff (I’m obviously not a tech-savvy (like Wheein in the fic, haha, absolutely love her)). But! I absolutely adore the concept of cyberpunk (the punk attitude + cutting edge technology!). I like the dystopia-parts of it, and I really enjoy writing stories right before a major event, like in this one: the uprising (I also like writing what happens afterwards, so there might be a follow-up to this story, but not anytime soon, unfortunately). Also, I did do a little bit of research and I’ll put a link to the page that I used to delve deeper into cyberpunk.

 

The idea for creating a physically divided city came after seeing a picture of the city of He

Please log in to read the full chapter