V.

100 things about her

it was a sunny day; a beautiful time to stroll around the park, eat some icecream, go shopping. it was exactly what chaeyoung was planning on doing.

so she woke up early with the greatest smile on her face, snuggling closer to mina as the latter sleeps peacefully; she looks like a baby.

26. when she's asleep, there's this cute little sound she makes, and the way her nose breathes out a cute warm air, she sometimes snore, but it is so soft you can't get annoyed by it. 

cooking her delicious bacon pancakes as their dog stared at her with such loving eyes; as if chaeyoung lights up his world. 

"goodmorning." chaeyoung greeted as she felt mina hug her from behind, the penguin greets her back with a yawn. 

"wanna take ray to the groomer?" mina asked, still half asleep. 

chaeyoung nodded, "in fact, I'm planning to take the both of you out on a date today." she smiled, and added, "so eat your breakfast then let's go." 

—————

chaeyoung thought it was just a beautiful day, yet it was the most beautiful one. because mina, she was smiling the whole time.

she would smile at everything that caughts her attention. she would smile when chaeyoung tells a joke. she would smile while eating her icecream. 

everything made mina smile, and mina's smile made everything better for chaeyoung. 

but when they got to the park, the mood suddenly went off. mina would still smile, but it was weak, and she held chaeyoung's hand the whole time.

chaeyoung simply looked at mina who had her face down, "you okay?" she asked, but mina only looked at her with a weak smile. 

"I have to tell you something..." 

it was just this six words that came out of mina's mouth, yet it made chaeyoung's heart jump, she was anxious. "what is it?" she asked as she faced her.

mina pulled her to sit on a bench nearby, mina was nervous, and so was chaeyoung. 

"remember how you told me not to be afraid about the future?" mina stopped midway to look straight into chaeyoung's eyes. "please tell me that again..."

chaeyoung was bewildered, unsure of what to say, she just stayed silent, allowing mina to continue.

tears were threatening to fall out of her eyes, but she stood her ground and continued talking, "after college, I'm going back to japan..." 

"mina that's okay you can always come ba—

"my father doesn't want me to come back here anymore." 

"then I'll go to you..." 

"you're the reason why they don't want me here anymore chaeyoung..." 

chaeyoung was left frozen, not being able to move a muscle after what she's heard. "I'm sorry, mina..." was all she could say. 

mina's tears started to fall when she heard the apology, feeling guilty and blaming herself for everything. "you know you don't have to apologise." 

"I do... need to say sorry... we're both girls." chaeyoung smiled, cupping mina's cheek.

it hurt chaeyoung, a lot. but seeing mina weak to her knees is the most painful thing she could ever watch, and she did not want it happening in front of her eyes. so she was okay, she pretended... she was okay... 

"if this is destiny's game, let's play it. I don't care if we lose, but atleast we get to experience the fun." 

chaeyoung stood up offering her hand to mina, "let's go home and cuddle." 

—————

that's why, that one particular night, that sunday night.

that's why mina kissed her a lot, that's why mina smiled a lot, that's why mina told her so many 'I love yous', that's why they did everything that they haven't done before.

because it was the last night that they would be together, that's why.

she didn't even say goodbye, not even a warning.

chaeyoung just woke up the next morning and mina, she was gone. every trace of her is gone and there was no sign of a myoui mina. 

her sheets were folded, her cabinet was empty, and chaeyoung was left alone. with a note on her hand, and tears on her face.

she didn't even wait for the graduation, she didn't even wait for chaeyoung to wake up.

did she think that a letter was enough? 


it was eleven am and chaeyoung was already numb from crying, the paper was already soaked and she haven't even read one letter from it.

was she supposed to be sad? angry? she doesn't know.

but she's going crazy. it happened so fast it's so hard to let everything sink in that quickly.

mina left her alone, and that's it, that's how easy to tell the story. and that's how tragic and messed up her life is. 

opening the folded note, she didn't even have to fully open the paper to know what was written. she just crumpled the paper and sighed.

"you're sorry, I know that." she murmured.

she wanted to hate mina.

but how can you hate someone who made you feel all the love in the world? 

 

​​"I guess it's you and me, ray."