SPARKS

YOU

"Good morning, Sir."

Justin was greeted by his secretary, James who came in with a cup of coffee on his hands.

"Good morning, James. So what have you got for me today?" He asked as he placed his coat at the back of his chair and looked at his secretary with his chin on his hands.

"You have have a meeting with Mr. Yu at 11am Sir at Marriot Hotel. It's gonna be a luncheon meeting. Then, you have a regular check up with Dr. Santos by 3 and finally, with Mr. Suson at 4pm at Manila Peninsula. That would be...."

" Teka, James... come again?" Justin asked upon hearing the last name. It rang a bell. In his heart. 

"Ulitin ko po lahat, Sir?" James was confused. 

" No, the last part."

"Manila Peninsula?" 

" Move on,.." 

"4pm, Mr. Suson..." 

" Yes, that one James. Mr. Suson. Who's who? The father or the son?" Justin was nervous, praying that James would spell out "father". 

" The father, Sir. Mr. Felip Suson." James answered, looking at his boss with restless expression.

Justin heaved a sigh of relief that it was the father he was about to meet and not his son. Yes. The Felip John Suson. The only person in this world who could feel his knees weak and his heartbeat fast whenever he's around. And nobody knows it. Not even his Kuyas. 

​​​He's been keeping it since forever. Takot siyang mahusgahan ng mundo kung ano siya after all, he's the son and the CEO of the biggest advertising firm in the country. 

He met Ken at one of the company parties. Both of their Dads are well-known in the business world so it was not impossible they'll meet. And it did. He was at his junior years. 

He was busy gettting food at the buffet tables when he noticed that the girls near him squealed na parang kinikilig. 

" OMG, mga sis. Ang gwapo gwapo niya talaga kahit mukhang suplado." 

" Oo nga, pag yan naging jowa ko. Ibibigay ko ang buong mundo ko sa kanya."

" Asa pa tayong papatulan ni Sir Ken, eh kita mo naman mga dinedate niyan, ka level ni Anne Curtis ang ganda. Eh tayo mga mutsatsa lang naman."

Justin was just listening to the girls' sentiments na natatawa. He finished getting his foods and went to the fruit section. 

His eyes beamed with happiness when he saw the tables laden with fruits. He picked one strawberry and get a dipping bowl na nilagyan niya ng chocolate syrup from the chocolate fountain and ate it like there's no tomorrow, not minding the people around him. 

He always loved fruits being dipped on chocolates. His Kuyas said ang weird daw niya pero wala eh, yun ang fave niya and no one can take that away from him. Manigas sila! Hahah

He was on his fifth fruit slice ng kumalat ang sauce sa baba niya. He tried to ask for assistance but there's nowhere to be found. 

"Ah, Miss. Can I ask for a tissue?" Justin asked the girl who passed by. 

" Yes, Sir. Kindly wait for awhile Sir. Naubusan po kasi kami. Papakuha po muna ako sa stock room. Excuse me po."

Justin nodded and waited patiently. But when he looked at the fruits again, nagugutom na naman siya. 

​​​​"Ugh, why just I can't resist you guys? Sarap niyo talaga" Kausap niya sa mga prutas. Tiningnan niya ang paligid baka mapagkamalan siyang baliw and laughed at himself. 

​​​"Sige na nga, isa na lang." And he got another one and dipped it again. 

Unknown to him, someone's watching him. Mesmerized by his actions. He was just smiling while looking at the man in front of him na parang nakakita ng langit while looking at the fruits. 

​​​At mas lalo siyang na amazed when the guy dipped the fruits sa chocolate syrup and ate it while closing his eyes. 

"Parang bata. But, he's cute." He whispered to himself. 

Suddenly, a romantic song was played on the background. Some couples were already on the dance floor. 

Ken knew that girls will be flocking around him for a dance and he's not in the mood to do so. Naiinis siya dahil pinilit siya ng Daddy niya na umattend sa party. He didn't like people. He just wanted to be alone.

"Excuse me, punta lang ako sa bar section." He stood up without waiting for their answers.

His dad sighed out of disappointment while his mom just looked at his son's retreating back. 

He was enjoying his glass of Bourbon when his attention was caught by the man in the fruit section. Ken didn't know but he just realized he has been intently looking at him for quiet time. 

He twitched a smile when a chocolate syrup ran on his chin. Medyo tinamaan na rin siya ng alak and he didn't know what's with him on that night that he stood from his chair and went to the cute guy without breaking his gaze at him. 

Ken stood right at his back. The light was dim and only few people passed by on that side. 

​​​"Hmmm he smelled so good." He thought.

Justin was still enjoying his fruits when he felt someone stood behind him. He felt nervous yet excited. Di niya alam but he felt secured on his presence. Alam niyang lalaki dahil sa amoy na nagmumula dito. 

"Mamaaaa, sinong tong nasa likod ko, huhu. Di ko na po uubusin yung fruits dito basta ilayo niyo ako sa kapahamakan. Pero kung gwapo naman, pwede na rin." Justin prayed.

​​​​​​​He turned around, totally forgetting the messed chocolate syrup on his chin. His eyes went wide when he finally saw the man. 

"Damn! Double damn!" He cursed in his mind. He was greeted by the darkest eyes he has ever seen, aristocratic nose na kay sarap i nose to nose and oh-so-kissable lips. He wondered how does it feel to be kissed by them. 

​​​​​"Hi. I think you need help." He spoke that made Justin's knees weak. 

​​Justin tried to collect himself and distance himself from him but to no avail. He was cornered. 

"Anong kailangan mo? Pwede ba lumayo ka sakin? Tsaka di ko kailangan ng tulong..."

His words were stopped when he felt a soft yet hot lips on his. His eyes grew even wider when a hot tongue wiped the chocolate syrup on his chin. 

​​He was left dumbfounded. It was his first kiss for Christ sake! And it was from a stranger! A total stranger. Justin still couldn't move. He felt like flying. 

​Nahimasmasan siya when the man talked. They were staring at each other's eyes, intently. 

"The chocolate is sweet. But your lips are alot sweeter." And he wiped the moist beside his lips. He winked at him and went away. 

Justin was speechless. He held his chest sa sobrang kabog ng dibdib niya. The guy was already gone but his presence was still enveloping him. He felt it. The chill. The sparks. From a stranger. 

​​​​"Hoy Jah! Okay ka lang ba? Bat parag namatanda ka diyan?" Stell  was snapping his fingers at him. 

"Justin de Dios! Hoy gising!" 

​​​​​"Kuya?!! Bat ka ba sumisigaw?" 

" Anyareeee sayo? Kanina kapa hinahanap ni Tito? Sinasabi ko na nga ba, nalunod ka naman sa mga prutas. Ang weird mo talaga." Stell preached.

He breathed to calm his nerves. Susubukan niyang kalimutan ang nangyari. Pero alam niyang di na siya magiging gaya ng dati pagkatapos ng halik na yun.​

​​​"! I didn't even know the guy who stole my first kiss. Kainis naman oh. Kung minamalas ka nga naman. Ugh!" Litanya niya sa isip habang naglalakad patungo sa mesa kasama ng Kuya Stell niya.

​​​​They were in the middle of the party when his Dad's close friend, Mr. Felip Suson came to view with his wife​​​​​​. Nakipagkamay si Daddy sa kanya and introduced everyone. 

​​​​​​"And this is my bunso, Justin..." Dad was stopped in introducing me when the man who just kissed him earlier stormed in front of them, with a girl in alluring dress on his arms. 

Hindi alam ni Justin pero gusto niyang hilahin ang babae palayo sa lalaki at sabunutan. 

​​​​"Dad, uuwi na ako." 

​​​​"Everyone, this is my son, Ken. Say hello to them."

​​​​"Ken." Jah whispered. 

​​"Hello po." He looked at everyone and when he laid his eyes on Justin, he stopped for few secs. A unrecognisable emotion was painted on his face.

"Justin, right? Nice to meet you." He offered his hands and shooked with Jah. He felt him squeezed his. 

"Mauuna na ako, Dad. Nice to meet you all. Bye Mom." Ken went out while wrapping his arms on the girl's waist. Justin took another glimpse at them na pinagsisihan niya when he saw them in a compromising situation. 

" Pasensy na kayo sa anak ko. Medyo matigas talaga ang ulo. Ayaw kasi niyang sumunod sa Daddy niya dahil gusto niyang kumanta pero ayaw ng Daddy niya dahil wala namang ibang magmamana kundi siya lang. " Hinging paumanhin ng Mommy nito sa kanila. 

"Wala lang pala yun sa kanya." He thought. Sadly.

Pagkatapos nun, iniiwasan na ni Jah si Ken kapag may mga party silang dinadaluhan. Natatakot siyang lumala yung naramramdaman niya para dito na wala namang patutunguhan. 

Bawat party, iba't ibang babae ang dinadala niya. Nasasaktan siya pero kinakaya niya at kakayanin niya. Sana. 

 

"Sir, do you need anything?" Justin was snapped back to reality upon hearing James. Masyadong malayo ang narating ng pagbabalik-tanaw niya. 

"Wala na James, thank you. Will call you after I signed all these papers." He looked at the piles of papers on his table. 

Lumabas na si James and Justin started his work before his first appointment. He was already engrossed when a familiar song came to the background.

​​​​​​​Put your head on my shoulders

Whsiper in my ears baby​​​​​​​

Justin suddenly remembered the guy from the hotel. The effects Ken he has on him was the same with that Masked Man. 

Dinownload niya agad yung kanta after he read his letter. Napangiti siya.

​​​​"Hay naku, Jah! Eto ka na naman. Di ka pa nadala sa Ken na yun. Tigilan mo na yan" Kausap niya sa sarili niya. 

 

​​​​After his first two appointments, Jah went to Manila Pen to meet Mr. Suson. Kinakabahan siya. Pakiramdam niya may mangyayari

​​​​​​​He breathed heavily before he entered the vicinity of the building. 

​​​"Good afternoon, Sir Justin. Mr. Felip John Suson is already waiting for you." The waiter said. 

Justin stopped upon hearing the name. 

​​​​"Is there any problem, Sir?" James asked. 

 "Baka nabingi lang ako. Felip hindi Felip John. " He thought. 

"Nothing, James. Let's go para matapos na 'to." 

​​​The waiter led them to a private room. Nag CR pa daw si Mr. Suson so Justin took his time to calm himself. 

Bumaba muna si James dahil may nakalimutan siya sa kotse. Kinuha muna ni Jah ang cellphone niya and checked his messages. May messages ang mga Kuya niya. 

Kuya Stell: Good luck, Bunso. Alam kong you can close that billion dollar deal from the Susons. Remember it's the biggest shipyard company in Southeast Asia

Kuya Josh: Pray ka namin bunso, kayang kaya mo yan. Libre mo ha sa bar mamaya. 

​Jah softly laughed when he read his Kuyas messages.

" Mga baliw talaga." He whispered. 

 

 

​​​​"So, you haven't changed a bit pa rin pala. You're still the same guy who is happy even on small things." 

​​​​​​Justin's heart skipped a beat. His palms sweating. He can feel the air became thin upon hearing that voice. 

​He raised his head only to be greeted by the most handsome face he had ever seen in his entire life and the lips that haunted him for endless nights. 

"K-Ken......." 

He smiled sweetly and went near to him. Justin closed his eyes to ease his emotions. Ang lapit niya sobra. 

​​​​"Ano ba naman 'tong napasok ko. Maamaaaa! Ilayo niyo po ako sa tukso." He prayed silently. 

​Suddenly, he felt something soft and sweet landed on his lips. He immediately opened his eyes and saw Ken's eye smile. 

Justin was in awe. Hindi siya nakagalaw. Walang lumalabas sa bibig niya. They were like staring at each other's eyes. 

​​​​​Before the door opens and his secretary and James came in, he whispered something in his ear. 

 

​​​"I miss you, my baby but I miss your sweet lips even more."  And he went on his chair with a big smile plastered on his face. 

 

​​​​​"I am sooo in trouble." Justin thought. 

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

 

​​​​​​​