5 {2}

The Nice One

"No! Let me down!" Baekho shrieked as his feet were slowly lifting off from the hammock. A spray of web hit Baekho roughly as the claws tore through Baekho's shirt and he dropped back onto the hammock, glued to it as the webs connected. That was probably better than being taken away by a bat hybrid although it still hurt. The bat hybrid screeched and directed his attention towards Minhyun who was ready to attack it if it attacked first. Baekho gasped and tried to cover himself when the bat hybrid flapped its wings, making all the webs shake as though there was an earthquake. 

 

Minhyun frowned and shot more webs out towards the bat to try to make it stop since having to rebuild his home would be troublesome. The webs couldn't quite reach it and the bat stopped. It charged towards Minhyun instead, fangs extending out. Minhyun hopped out from the smaller cave entrance, over the bat hybrid and landed on the hammock in front of Baekho. He hissed again, legs spreading out protectively. The bat hybrid grasped onto the cave entrance and spun around, swooping down towards them. 

 

"We have to run!" Baekho shouted, doubting Minhyun would be able to win the bat hybrid but Minhyun stood his ground. 

 

"No! I'm not letting anyone chase me from my home!" he snarled and used the sharp points of his leg to hook himself onto the bat hybrid, trying to hurt the other. The bat hybrid screeched at him and clawed at him with his hands. Minhyun snapped back, trying to bite him. Baekho tried to tear the web from his body but it wasn't easy when he wasn't using his extended nails. He glanced at the airborned duo and hoped Minhyun would win somehow. As much as he would rather the other just be gone as well, he wasn't so sure about being left alone in the cave with the bat hybrid. Who knows what his fate would be then. 

 

Minhyun cried out when a cut across his arm appeared and the bat hybrid slammed him against the rocky cave wall in that moment of weakness. He gasped and coughed but clutched onto the bat hybrid tightly, digging his legs into the other. The two hissed in pain and anger as they struggled to hurt one another. Minhyun managed to bite the bat hybrid who in turn sunk his fangs into Minhyun's shoulder but the spider hybrid's bite contained venom that could kill. The bat hybrid stiffened up from the paralysing effect as well, wings unable to keep flapping to keep them up. They were going to fall. Minhyun tried to push the other off him but he felt a little dizzy from having been shoved against the wall earlier so he could barely keep himself attached to the wall. 

 

"Mister spider!" He heard a worried voice call out to him as the bat hybrid started plunging down the deep darkness. He looked up and Baekho held his hand out, having freed himself from the web. Minhyun's lids flickered and in that moment, he took the helping hand. 

 

His eyes fluttered open weakly and he felt his head spin. A worried face took over his vision and his eyes snapped open. 

 

"Are you alright?" 

 

Minhyun gasped and slid himself further from the tiger hybrid but winced from the pain searing through his body. 

 

"Woah. Calm down. You got hurt," Baekho said and Minhyun turned away. He glanced down at his body and soon realised that Baekho was shirtless. His shirt had been torn apart and was now used as bandages for the wounds he had procured from the bat hybrid. He frowned and hissed at Baekho who flinched. "W-what?!" 

 

"You didn't have to treat me," Minhyun growled and Baekho pouted. 

 

"A thank you would have been sufficient, you know!" Baekho blurted before shutting himself up, suddenly reminded that Minhyun was just as deadly as a bat hybrid, maybe even more since he just won one. 

 

"You... You didn't have to care," Minhyun forced himself to say while refusing to say thank you. Baekho let out an exasperated scoff before crossing his arms. They both sat there in silence before Baekho decided to ask. 

 

"Where did it come from?" 

 

Minhyun shrugged but winced since his shoulder hurt. "Maybe... From the surface. There's only one way in after all..." 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

Ever since then, Baekho tried to tend to Minhyun's injuries but the other refused to be cared for, still avoiding Baekho as often as he could by laying in the bottom hammock to rest but the other's tenacity wasn't easy to deal with since Baekho almost fell to get to the other hammock just to help him. Baekho also started learning a bit more about Minhyun's lifestyle every passing day. Although it required him to beg the other to bring him along whenever he caught him leaving so he wouldn't bore himself to death first and also literally glueing himself to the hybrid who he used to be afraid of with every chance he got. Minhyun was still snappy sometimes but he could be gentle too. There was a small garden for fruits as well in a separate wider cave. Baekho was amazed by Minhyun's ability to even grow things inside the cave where there was no light. There was no explanation to how Minhyun did it but he did and they tasted just as amazing as Baekho had above. Baekho walked alongside Minhyun as they checked the trees for any fruits. Baekho slipped and yelped but he didn't fall flat on the ground as one of Minhyun's legs caught him. He smiled sheepishly and stood up.

 

"T-thanks."

 

"Mm," Minhyun grunted back and continued walking without a word. Baekho rubbed his neck awkwardly and caught up with the other who had still yet to say thank you to Baekho for tending to his injuries. He just refused! 

 

There were times where Baekho woke up and found himself in Minhyun's hold. He didn't question it at first since he would drift back to sleep again and when he woke up, Minhyun wouldn't be there again so most of the time, he believed he was just dreaming but then it started to happen a bit more frequently to the point where Baekho woke up once and then stared at the sleeping spider hybrid. With his face in a calm expression, Baekho gazed at the outline of his face. He couldn't see a monster. Minhyun was just like them. Maybe he did have extra eyes but they didn't make him all too different. Baekho wasn't so sure why he had been so afraid now. True, he was afraid of the dark and the long legs that stuck out from behind Minhyun's back but he had slowly gotten accustomed to it and the cold attitude it came along with the body it was attached to. He had also saved him twice now. He scooted up a little and watched as Minhyun breathed lowly. Like this, Baekho thought he looked rather pretty. He had sharp features and a hold that made Baekho feel safe. Minhyun shifted and Baekho immediately pretended to sleep, unsure why he was feeling embarrassed even though he didn't get caught.