3

The Nice One

The spider hybrid let out a sigh and moved away, releasing his hold onto Baekho who coiled up immediately and sobbed into his hands. He let out a scoff and threw the meat down into the abyss. "Then die."

 

"Eh?" Before Baekho could recover, he was dropping again except this time, there was a net surrounding him as the hammock had closed in around him. He grasped onto the net tightly as if that would help his crazy descending speed. His scream would not come out as he soared downwards. Mere inches before he fell flat dead on the spiky ground, the net pulled him back up roughly and he yelped as he was bounced around like a toy rubber ball on a string. He panted when it finally settled down, heart beating a mile and his sadness was overtaken by his fear again as the spider hybrid lowered himself to Baekho's level. He didn't mean to glare or look mad at his captor but his fear had given him a frowning expression as he eyed the other with fear.

 

"Now I'll be leaving you here to starve but if you ever change your mind, you know how to get my attention," the spider hybrid said and Baekho gasped. He wanted to ask the other not to leave him there like that but knew that he was just as afraid of the hybrid whose name he still didn't know. The spider hybrid smiled before zipping back up on a thread. Only a whine would leave his lips as he was left alone in the dark. He looked around uneasily and down at the web which was the only thing keeping him from plunging to his death. He couldn't understand why the spider hybrid wanted to keep him instead of eating him like all the others or why he felt like he was being played around with instead. He rubbed his eyes and pulled his body closer to himself since he just realised how cold it actually was in the cave. He hugged himself and fell asleep easily from fatigue of his fear and from being tossed around like a rag doll.

 

The spider hybrid watched the shivering tiger hybrid from above, eyes never leaving the other even as he silently ate. His toes twitched uncomfortably as he watched how the other would twitch in his sleep. Minhyun sighed and wondered meaningless thoughts as he quietly lowered himself again. He stared at the tiger hybrid who moaned softly in his sleep. He peeled the netting open and went closer.

 

"mmm.. Don't hurt me," the sleeping hybrid mumbled and tossed in his sleep. Nails sharpening and fingers tensing once in awhile yet he stayed in the fetus position that Minhyun had come to notice the other always seemed to sleep in. "No..."

 

He wondered if the other was dreaming as he watched sweat trickle down his forehead despite the coldness of the cave. He couldn't help but to go closer to hear the other's whimpers clearer.

 

"Don't... Stop."

 

A sniffle made Minhyun stiffen and once again, the male was crying even in his sleep. He felt guilty for making the other feel so afraid but he had his own reasons. He reached out a hand and gently touched his cheek, earning a small whimper.

 

"I'm scared..."

 

Minhyun raised his brows and slid his hand between his hair, gently patting him.

 

"Shh... Its alright," He whispered softly. "No one is going to hurt you here."

 

"Mmm..." Baekho tried to grasp at something and Minhyun held his hand instinctively despite every fiber of his being telling him not to. He was being soft and that was no good. "Help me."

 

Minhyun stiffened and he pulled Baekho up, sliding in behind him and hugging him tightly from behind with his longer legs. "It's okay. Just sleep." Minhyun gently caressed his hair and squeezed his hand. Baekho whined but snuggled closer to the protective hug, calming down visibly as he continued sleeping in a more relaxed manner.

 

His eyes fluttered open heavily as they hurt from the excessive crying Baekho put them through. His body hurt again, probably from having to sleep on webs instead of an actual bed. He gasped softly when he realised he was back on the hammock instead of a net wrapped around him and threatening to let him fall to his death at any moment. He rubbed his eyes and eyed his surroundings again. He couldn't tell the date or time here at all. It was constantly dark and Baekho wondered how the spider hybrid even survived here, not that he was that curious. He tried not to move, not wanting to alarm the hybrid again. He was tired of being afraid constantly but it didn't help that he didn't feel at ease at all by the way he was being treated on top of everything else he had heard about the people who fell in here. He wondered if his friends even tried to find for him but he guessed not since he couldn't see any of them and the only sounds he could hear didn't consist of his friends' loud voices.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?" a small voice asked and once again, Baekho stiffened. He looked up, trying to find for the spider hybrid and caught sight of the spider lazily hanging a couple of long limbs off the hammock he had made for himself above the one Baekho was on. He pursed his lips, unsure if he should reply the other but somehow, he seemed more passive right now. A thread ball slid down and Baekho shifted away from it warily. It opened up and an apple was sitting in it. Baekho gulped as his stomach growled. His cheeks heat up when he heard the spider hybrid laugh. "It's fresh. And not poisoned in any way."

 

Baekho wasn't sure how long it had been since his last meal but looking at the apple now, he felt really hungry. He glanced at the spider hybrid who just stared at him with a small smile. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all, Baekho thought as he took the apple from the web.

 

"T-thank you," He said softly in a hoarse voice since he hadn't drank a sip of water either since he woke up in the cave. He took a bite out of the apple and immediately melted into the sweet taste. He gobbled it up and wished there was more but he didn't dare ask since he wasn't sure how long this niceness would last before he was back to being a rag doll.

 

"Want more?"

 

Baekho nodded vigorously before feeling embarrassed at his own actions. Another laughter left the spider hybrid's lips as he stood up, making Baekho freeze up again.

 

"Don't worry. I won't go near you."

 

"Eh?" More thread balls lowered down and opened up with various types of fruits inside. Baekho's mouth watered at the sight of them and he hurriedly took another to eat and another and another until he was full. Every one of them tasted so good, Baekho thought it would have been impossible to ever taste fruits again since he woke up in a cave. He wondered if Minhyun actually ate them. What do spiders eat anyways? After his belly was satisfied, he started observing again. His eyes were becoming accustomed to the dark just a little more and he was starting to be able to see the shimmering web lines. Thin but intricately made. He looked up again to find Minhyun still there unmoving from his spot. "Um..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"What...what do you... E-exactly want from me?" Baekho asked nervously.

 

"Oh? Are you finally not scared enough to ask me questions?" Minhyun asked teasingly and Baekho put his hands against his kneecaps to grip on them. He was still scared of course but since Minhyun was a good distance away from him, he felt a little better. "Maybe I'm trying to fatten you up so I can have a more delicious meal."

 

Baekho gasped from the other's response and cursed his bad luck. "You fed me so that you'll have more to eat?" His voice was tiny and shaky. Minhyun laughed and shrugged.

 

"Maybe."

 

"B-but you said you weren't g-going to eat me."

 

"We lie. Everyone lies," Minhyun replied flatly and Baekho furrowed his brows. He didn't want to get eaten but he had no means of escape either. It wasn't like he was skilled at climbing walls and who knows how long it would take for him to reach the top when he didn't even know how far down he fell. Minhyun noticed the sad look in Baekho's face and cleared his throat. "I'm not going to eat you. I already said that."

 

Baekho was confused as he met eyes with the spider hybrid. "You're not?"

 

"You're too naive. Has anyone told you that?"

 

Baekho gulped and nodded. He wasn't proud of being naive but it was just the way he was. Minhyun shifted to a sitting position and tried to look less menacing although Baekho was still very much afraid of the 8 long legs sticking out his back instead. "Um... Uh.. Mister spider, what's your name?"

 

"My name?"