One More Time

Love So Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found myself wandering at the university I left, observing what had changed and what had not. However, that cafe was no longer there and it actually disappointed me.

A week after Chanyeol brought me back to my home, I went to Melbourne with my parents and Jaehyun. My father pulled up a few strings so I can apply for Harvard. Fortunately, after excruciating long examinations and interviews, I passed.

Jaehyun and I then moved to Boston as friends and after a few years of wooing, he became my boyfriend. He was quite persistent and he had been asking me to try it with him. He knew I still loved Chanyeol long after we graduated and even when he proposed. But I went along with everything. 

Maybe if I tried, it would be less painful and maybe, I would forget. 

I said yes to his proposal of marriage... even if I loved another and he was alright with it. 

He said he'll work hard to make me fall in love with him. 

I married him but it took a couple of years before it was consummated. We went back to Melbourne to create a family but I couldn't let go of my past love because we didn't have a proper closure. I don't think I would forget Chanyeol even with a proper closure. 

I thought of going back... just to end things between us. But Jaehyun did not allow me to return. 

I knew he was scared to lose me and I don't have the right to ask him to trust me because we both know I still love Chanyeol.

However, I saw him there. Never had I thought I'd see him here in Melbourne.

----

Chanyeol's POV:

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, brows all furrowed as he stood in front of me. 

It took me a long time to save up and find her. Her relatives were kind enough to give me her address but going to Australia put me through a lot. However, this man now stands on my way to see her. He knew me right away as soon as he laid eyes on me. I also knew who he was, her childhood friend. 

"I just wanted to see her," I replied as politely as I can even if I suddenly feel how defensive he is with his stance. I want to straighten the issues where we left off even if it had been years, and maybe, we could fix things. 

"It's been years, Chanyeol. Why do you want to see her?" He asked. 

What kind of question is that? 

He knew exactly who I am to Chaeyoung yet he still needs to ask for a reason... But I didn't feel obligated to answer. 

"Please, man, I just want to see her." 

"We're married now." He revealed which had my breath hitching in surprise. 

Of course, it's been years. A girl like her wouldn't stay single for long. 

What am I even hoping for?

"I am happy for you..." I said, finding a bitter taste in my mouth. 

"Please don't ruin everything for me, Chanyeol. She's starting to become fond of me and I worked so hard to make her fall in love with me. I'm not gonna lie, I know she still loves you but if she sees you right now, I don't think she would choose me. Please... I know you came a long way just to get here and I know your situation, but please... I can't let you see her." 

I nodded, understanding where he's coming from. If I were in his shoes, I would've even got on my knees and beg because I love her that much. 

But... if it will end just like this, can I still see her? I wanted to see if she's doing okay and is happy at the least... even if she's not with me.

"She doesn't need to see me..." I stated with a pained smile. "I just want to see how she is... She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter