Good Enough

Love So Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We walked hand in hand along the quiet street this evening after my last class. My home is a 15-minute ride from the uni but we decided to walk since it's still early. Christmas is near and the snow had filled the path but despite the cold, we enjoyed walking together. 

My parents came back home from Melbourne for the holidays and tonight, they wanted to meet Chanyeol. I talked about him with my mother but I never get the change to tell my father. Although I knew he would like Chanyeol since my dad is always impressed by adamance. 

"Do you think your parents will like me?" He asked, keeping my hand inside his coat's pocket and held it to keep it warm.

"What's not to like?" I asked followed by a terse chuckle. 

"Let's face it Chaey... There are many things I can't provide." He sighed before finally looking down at me with a soft yet unsure smile. 

"I am not asking for anything, Chanyeol. Have you heard any demands from me?" I then leaned forward, peeking to see his face as we continue to walk. 

"You don't demand, that's why it's actually putting more pressure on me. I feel like you're just tolerating my incompetency to give you things. I mean, what do I have to offer? I can't even buy you a simple gift." He retorted sternly. 

"Hmm... you've given me enough time and attention, Chanyeol. And we both know you're not incompetent. What a word to choose." I then smirked which had him shaking his head as he chuckles. 

I then lean against his arm while holding his hand tightly, "That's good enough... I don't need anything else. I know you must be feeling nervous but there's actually nothing to be nervous or worried about." I've always encouraged him when he says things like this.  

Chanyeol is kind of sensitive when it comes to gifts. But material things aren't important to me.

When we reached the front of our gates, he stopped on his tracks looking up the structure since it's sort traditionally built, like those in historical sites. 

"You live here?" He asked in disbelief as he looks up. 

"Yes. Our family is one of the oldest in South Korea. We lived here for generations now. It's also being booked for historical dramas but dad only allowed it once since he's afraid of the damages filming may cause." I revealed.

However. Chanyeol was frozen there, seemingly deep in thought as he stared at the gate until he uttered softly, "You didn't tell me your family's this well-off. Your house is big... maintenance must've cost a lot."

"You haven't been inside yet you're able to think of how much it costs to maintain this house. I didn't think I needed to tell you something this trivial." I chuckled but my smile faded when he didn't even smile he learned that I live here. 

"Is there something the matter?" I asked, tugging his hand to get his attention.

He then turns his gaze back to me, finally smiling but it wasn't the same unwavering smile I fell in love with, "I haven't told you about this yet but..." He then trails off as he sighed deeply.

"... back in high school, I had a girlfriend." He revealed before taking both my hands and stared at it.

"She was rich... and of course I wasn't. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter