Love So Life

Love So Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I kept that secret from Jaehyun and he never learned about it. That was the only time I was unfaithful but I wasn't deeply in love with him, to begin with. My heart belonged to someone else. But after that, I devoted myself to him. That was the only thing I can do to make up for my sin and Jaehyun left in this world happily.

And that was the last time I saw Chanyeol. And my heart, it did not search for him anymore.

I was finally able to open up my heart to Jaehyun but it took a year for me to do so. And I loved him unconditionally as he deserves. I didn't realize that he had fought for me all through the years I was loving someone else. He was patient and kind and he deserves all the love and I gave that love to him willingly. 

A year later, we had James. 

Having my own child brings me all the happiness I've been missing. It completely brings so much happiness that heals the soul. 

For the first time, I felt that I am complete. 

And happiness was doubled when Alisa came to our lives. I can never ask for anything else. Mu on wish is that it will stay like this for the rest of our lives. 

I realized I wandered off to the street where his apartment was. It was no longer an apartment complex but a commercial building. However, I was glad that there was a coffee shop on the ground floor. To drown the cold, I happily entered this nostalgic place. 

It reminded me of that old cafe I used to hang around a lot in the past. Even the walls and the furniture and where they're placed were almost perfectly replicated.

I smiled as I looked around until a the cashier greeted me, "Welcome." She sweetly and cheerfully greeted. 

I approached the counter and returned her warm greeting. She was pleasant to look at, much like Chanyeol with that unwavering smile. 

"Eoh, harabeoji!" Her forehead suddenly creased as she called to someone, looking behind me before continuing, "What are you doing out in the cold? Didn't you say your knees hurt?" She questioned. 

She then excuses herself from the counter, asking permission from me which I gladly nodded in response to. I turned and saw this tall, old man taking off his hat and was hanging it on the coat rack just beside the entrance. His hair was mostly grey already and he was holding a cane.

However, I couldn't take my eyes off those familiar elven ears.

"Nah. I feel as strong as a horse... I suddenly feel like strolling tonight. Maybe I'll wait for the closing and walk you home." He replied, chuckling in the end.

His voice was quiet familiar; it was deep and raspy but despite the familiarity, age had played its part as his voice was a bit shaky as he spoke. 

"There's not much customer tonight, is there?" He asked then finally turn which made my breath hitch before I gasped.

"No, only halmeoni here." She then replied to him while helping him take off his coat. 

This man's eyes widened as he froze when he found me standing in front of him. But seconds later, his eyes grew soft with that gaze, and I finally saw that unwavering, sweet smile I haven't seen for 45 years.

We stood there for a moment until he decided to speak and break the silence.

"Remember me? From the library?" He asked and it earned the curiosity of the young girl hanging his coat for him. 

Immediately, my tears grew and it quickly fell. I pulled both my hands to cover my mouth but pulled it off slightly a second later so I could reply, "Yeah, you reached that deposition for me."

He took a step forward but I shook my head gently. I didn't know why I was doing that. Maybe because of the memories I just recalled on my way here. 

There was a part of me that didn't want to see him, but the greater part is how much I missed him. I just wanted to reminisce as I look around to observe the changes after I was gone. It had been so long yet, all the feeling I buried for the sake of my husband and my family. all of it seemed to resurface and it's somehow making me feel guilty.

I knew it.

I'd fall for him again.

And even if I was shaking my head, it did not stop him from embracing me tightly. 

"Chanyeol..." I sobbed softly, clutching his knitted sweater tightly as I filled my nose with his familiar scent, closing my eyes just to picture us both as young as we were before.

"You're still as beautiful as the first time I met you..." He said, feeling his lips latched on the side of my head and the warmth of his breath. 

Our appearance and body may have changed but not the warmth of this embrace that pulls out all the emotions I buried when we last saw each other. 

"How long has it been?" He asked. 

"45 years..." I cried.

"I survived that long?..." He chuckles.

I did not dream of reuniting with him but this was indeed a blessing a never wished for. 

We then tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter