Tonight's All The First

Love So Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello. My name is Park Chaeyoung." I greeted after a bow as I stood in front of this woman sitting on her wheelchair. 

She then smiled at me before looking up the man standing behind her. 

"She's the girl I was talking about, mom," Chanyeol said, looking down at his mother with a loving smile. 

She then looks at me again, smiling like that of her son's unwavering smile until tears started forming in her eyes. She didn't say anything, she couldn't say anything anymore as Chanyeol told me. The paralyzed several parts of her body and it, unfortunately, took her ability to speak. She would just look at you but you'd know what she's thinking by the gazes she would give you and the expression she's wearing. 

However, she tried opening as if she's trying to force a word out. "Fi..." She muttered but it took a while before she could finish a couple more syllables for her word to make sense. 

Finally.

I'm not sure what she means but the tears that fell from her eyes while that unwavering, sweet smile lasted as she looked at me, I knew that the word meant something good. 

Chanyeol often visits his mom whenever he has time to spare and he tells her his story. He told me that there wasn't much to tell her since his every day was just as usual; he wakes up, eats his meal the work for hours and hours before sparing even 30 minutes of his time to check up on his mom, then finally go home and rest. 

He every day was a routine until the day I called him out after recognizing him at the café. 

He says, "I was happier." And his mom nodded then looked at me. 

"We didn't talk much at first, mom. But somehow, I was contented by just looking at her and going to work seems less of a burden, especially every time you walk through that door." He tells her before his gaze turned to me, "And I can tell mom was happy too every time I mention you."

My heart felt the warmth even if this entire situation is making my chest feel tight. I was happy yet I feel so weak. But right then and there, I understood that time is extremely important, especially to Chanyeol who allotted most of it to his work.

I was selfish enough to take most of his free time to rest or visiting his mom and I wouldn't even deny that I wanted a lot of it. But this also made me realize that I shouldn't be demand anything from him when the time he should be spending on more important things was spent with me. 

His mom must've felt lonely to be alone here. 

Soon enough, I began visiting his mom even when he's not around, I even study at her room at the nursing home just to keep her company. And she knew everything from my fears and worries to my dreams and aspirations. 

And also, I needed to do something for Chanyeol to lighten up his load. 

The evening he gets to spare a few hours with me, I suggested that we just spend time at his place. He declines at first, he didn't want to bring me to his apartment mainly because he has no time tidying his stuff and the place is too small. He was renting the cheapest room but I didn't mind at all. 

However, he saw through my plan. 

I wanted to pay for the groceries we bought for tonight's dinner but we ended up splitting the bill again. I knew he didn't want to owe anything from me and that's the one thing I don't like about him. 

Nevertheless, we still had our date at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter