She still does not understand

Cactus Upon The Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was Saturday.

Bingwen arrived at the college with his guitar.

In the front hall, the students were gathering, some were standing and some were sitting.

When they saw their favorite teacher, especially girls, they ran to take selfies with him. Bingwen did not mind smiling among the students.

“Let go. Bus is coming,” a woman called.

This was teacher Liu. She was a senior teacher in the center. She was in age of fifties and she was single.

“Good morning, teacher Liu,” Bingwen bowed his head little bit.

“Good morning, teacher Yang,' teacher Liu said.

When students were in the queue going up the bus, Bingwen stood near the door of the bus. Along with him, teacher Liu was counting the students. murmured numbers but her eyes seemed to look for someone. Also, Bingwen was trying to spot someone too. It was Sunny. She was not among the students, this made Bingwen worried that she would not join this trip.

Well, the rude student, beloved student of Bingwen, was just coming. She walked with her bestie, Ling Ling.

Ling Ling was speeding her walking as she saw the teachers but Sunny did not show any hurry, she walked her steps normally.

Seeing her, Bingwen felt relieved.

While the man was looking at his beloved student, teacher Liu was looking at the girl walking next to her. The elder lady showed a stone face making Ling Ling feel uncomfortable. The young girl downed her face, and when she reached the bus, she ran up the stairs quickly.

Sunny climbed up and sat next to Ling ling.

Teacher Liu looked around before she said to Bingwen, “No more. We can go.”

“Yes.” Bingwen nodded.

The two teachers got on the bus.

Bingwen sat at the front seat near the driver when teacher Liu walked along the way between seat rows. 

When she passed Sunny and Ling Ling seats, she gave a flash look at the girls then walked to the opposite, one row behind.

There were female students sitting there, but they gave up their seats to the teacher and ran to sit in the back row seats with other female and male students.

Ling Ling swallowed saliva into .

Sunny sat by the window. She saw the action of teacher Liu. She whispered into Ling Lings' ears, “Your aunt is here.”

“I know.” Ling Ling nodded. She looked like she wanted to cry.

Sunny gave a smile of mocking and pity to Ling Ling.

The bus started the engine and it began moving on the road.

At the front Bingwen was talking with males students, sometimes he talked with the driver. He even tried to look at Sunny, but he could not see because she was sitting a little far from him.

Most of the students were chatting with their seat mates. Only Sunny and Ling Ling, they seemed quiet.

Sunny was watching the view along the street through the window.

As for Ling Ling, she was uncomfortable because her aunt was sitting close to her. She felt like she was a criminal. She did not dare to do anything because she was afraid of her aunt. She was even scared to look at the side where her aunt was.

“Your aunt falls asleep,” Sunny told in a low voice.

Hearing that, Ling Ling rotated her neck to confirm.

Ah, it was true. 

Ling Ling exhaled very long. She seemed relieved.

Sunny giggled, “You look like you are a bird just free from the cage.”

“Yes, free of the cage, but my foot is still hanging. Cannot fly. Only jump CHEK, CHEK.”

Ling Ling’s sound and action made Sunny laugh. 

“At least, it is better than staying in the cage,” she said.

“Yes, right.” Ling Ling nodded. “Hey, do you know that teacher of the subject Cambodian musical instrument quit?”

“No.”

“He has a problem in Cambodia so he resigns and goes back.”

“How do you know?”

“My aunt told me. Next week, we will have a new teacher.”

“Oh…” Sunny wagged her head.

“I heard that he is young and handsome.”

“How do you know?”

“I heard from other students. He started teaching yesterday, but at another class. My aunt also said.”

“Oh…”

“Hey, can you say other words?”

“Ah…”

Ling Ling slapped arm of her friend. 

Sunny laughed.

“We have two hours on the bus. It’s long. Please have a talk or I’ll die because of boredom,” Ling Ling said.

“You speak. I listen,” Sunny said.

Ling Ling shook her head and rolled her eyes. She thought she was completely wrong to choose sitting next to Sunny. She was weird whether in class or on the bus. No god is able to change her.

Even though Ling Ling preferred to stay with Sunny more than other classmates. She might be a little bit boring but Ling Ling liked the way she was.

Girly knew it was her true and natural characteristic. 

Sunny was honest, loyal and sincere. Some people might think she was arrogant, they communicated with her because they were in the same class room, but they did not want to become Sunny's friend. 

Well, Sunny did not want them to become her friend either. She liked to be a lone heron. Freedom and peace. Only Ling Ling she talked with. 

The bus reached the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter