Chapter Five

Go Back Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at them now, Donghae realised something.

They were happy.

No arguments, no mistrust, no disbelief. They were both much more at peace here than they were in the future. Donghae couldn't believe, when she came here, that she'd rejected Kyuhyun when they were younger. However, she came to believe she was going to change that.

 

"Hyukkie... Eunhyukkie... no... Eunhyuk..." Donghae's father stopped as he reached her bed with the intention of waking her up, but instead he was left confused. The name didn't sound familiar at all, so who was Donghae crying for in her sleep again?

"Donghae... Donghae... come on, wake up. You'll be late for university," he tried coaxing while gently shaking her awake, but there was little to no response. He worriedly poked her in the arm to get her up, and smiled when she jerked awake and looked at him in surprise.

"Oh... good morning, dad," Donghae greeted and her father smiled, pleased when Donghae pulled him into her arms and hugged him. Her father chuckled at the affectionate behaviour and gently ruffled her hair before he slowly let go.

"Come on, time for school," he informed and left the sleepy Donghae to wake up and become more aware of her surroundings. She stretched lazily while glancing over at the calendar and her eyes widened when she saw the date.

4th April.

She rushed to get ready and once clothed in a light blue dress matched with shorts hidden under the material, she tied her hair up in a loose bun and went to eat breakfast with her parents. Her mother glanced at her curiously as she sat down and then smiled cheekily.

"Any reason you're dressed that way, HaeHae?" her mother wondered with a laugh and she shrugged, a soft smile appearing on her lips. "Just felt like it."

"Okay, dear. Go on and have breakfast, you might get late for school," she worried while glancing at the clock and then smiled sweetly at Donghae. The latter nodded and quickly ate the sandwich in front of her before she glanced at the clock and left with a kiss to her parents.

"Be careful, honey!" Donghae heard her mother shout before she crossed over to the garden and she turned to wave before she rushed to the bus stop close by. She kept looking at her watch even as she had boarded the bus and travelled the whole journey to get to her destination.

Once she reached the university, she saw the person she was looking for, awkwardly pacing the top of the staircase and rubbing the back of his neck. She sighed quietly and slowly walked up the stairs, waiting to be noticed.

"Oh, you're here... this is awkward... how are you?" Hyukjae questioned and Donghae shook her head in disbelief before she smiled weakly. "I'm fine. You?"

"Yep. Me too," Hyukjae answered and then there was an awkward silence. Donghae felt the need to reply and looked around at the almost empty campus, "so, um, you're not with Siwon-ssi or Geng-ssi?"

"Hm," Hyukjae responded, scratching his head thoughtfully, "yeah. They've gone off together. So... what about you? Where are Heechul-ssi and Kibum-ssi today?"

"I don't know. I came here straight from home," Donghae said and played with her fingers, "uh, happy birthday, Hyukjae-ssi."

"Thank you, Donghae-ssi," Hyukjae smiled lightly and then sighed, "Donghae, you don't have to keep hanging around with me. I know you'd much rather be doing other things. Don't worry, Donghae."

"Are you sure...? I mean... I know it's not easy to hang around with Jieun, you didn't exactly end on good terms..." Donghae trailed off, pulling her lip between her teeth. Hyukjae nodded gently and in a breath, "don't worry, Donghae. I'll be fine."

"Okay... just as long as what happened then doesn't ever happens when you're with her now," Donghae said pointedly and Hyukjae nodded, a sad look coming into his eyes.

 

"Hey, baby... how are you?" Donghae forced a gentle smile to her lips as she felt Hyukjae's arms slip around her waist and turn her around, making her face him. Hyukjae frowned at her expression and kissed her cheek, in hopes of getting a reaction. "Hae?"

"Hi, Hyukjae-ssi," Donghae answered quietly and averted her eyes when Hyukjae kissed her and then looked at her curiously. Hyukjae brushed her hair away from her eyes and lowered his voice slightly, "Donghae... are you okay?"

"Neh, Hyukjae-ssi," she replied and gently pushed away from him, not at all affected by his hurt expression. Hyukjae nervously cleared his throat and wrapped a loose arm around her waist, "where is the baby?"

Donghae's face broke out into a large grin at the thought of their baby and with shining eyes, answered to Hyukjae, "he fell asleep about half an hour ago. We went to see oppa today."

"Ah, really? That's good," Hyukjae smiled and petted her hair before he moved away. He interlaced their fingers together and tugged her over to their bedroom where Eunhyuk lay in their bed, arms spread wide above his head, fast asleep.

"He's adorable, Donghae. Thank you for giving me such a blessing," Hyukjae said quietly and Donghae's lips lifted in a genuine smile as her cheeks pinked slightly. "Aw... thank you, Hyukkie... really. I'm so thankful for him."

"That makes the two of us," Hyukjae winked and chuckled when Donghae lightly slapped his chest. They both went over to the bed and sat down either side of Eunhyuk, fondly looking down at him.

"Hyukjae, he looks exactly like you," Donghae murmured, inhaling quietly as Hyukjae reached over and kissed her forehead lightly, "but, he'll grow up to be like you. There's no person better than you in my life, and I want Eunhyuk to be just like you."

Hyukjae chuckled softly when Donghae hid her face in her hands and quivered from embarrassment. He gently lifted her hands and kissed her forehead before rubbing her hair.

"Aw, you're adorable, Donghae..."


"Hm... who is at the door..." Donghae mumbled as she turned over, burying her face in her husband's bare chest. Hyukjae grunted in his sleep and unconsciously wrapped an arm around her waist, pressing his lips to her hair.

Donghae sighed when the doorbell rang again and slowly detached herself from the warmth, whining quietly when she felt the chill. She hurried to dress in a night gown and rubbed her eyes as she went to the front door and slowly pulled it open. "Hello?"

"Where's Hyukjae?" Donghae froze at the voice and blinked wildly, seeing a face she hadn't, and didn't really want to have, seen in over a decade. She was left gaping as she was pushed aside and the person entered, looking too relaxed for Donghae's liking.

Lee Jieun.

"What are you doing here?" Donghae asked seriously, trying not to show fear on her face. Her face fell when Jieun pushed the bedroom door open and entered without thought.

Donghae peeked in to see Hyukjae covering his eyes with one arm while the other hand patted Eunhyuk who lay asleep on his chest. Once the door opened, Hyukjae turned to look at them and his eyes flew wide open at the sight of Jieun. "What? What are you doing here?"

"Who is that? Who is she?" Jieun asked in a threatening tone, pointing at Eunhyuk and then the frowning Donghae. Donghae bit her lip and closed her eyes when Jieun raised her hand in attempt of slapping her, but was stopped by Hyukjae's dark voice.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her, Lee Jieun. What are you doing here, Jieun? Get out of our house," Hyukjae said as he stood up and placed Eunhyuk back down on the bed.

"No, Hyukjae! Why is it like this?!" Jieun shouted, awakening Eunhyuk who started crying. Donghae hurried over to the bed, looking nervously between the angered Hyukjae and glaring Jieun.

"Get out. Come with me. I'm sorry about this, Donghae. Please stay with Eunhyuk, I'll be back quickly," Hyukjae turned and pulled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter