Chapter Two

Go Back Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyukjae-ssi, can you please change the baby? I need to-" Donghae trailed off when she opened the bedroom door, remembering Hyukjae was currently at work. She sighed, getting ready to leave again but she saw Eunhyuk sat up and whining loudly. "Oh no, what's wrong, Eunhyukkie?"

Donghae hurried to sit beside him and worriedly thumbed away his tears. "Oh gosh, sweetie. Tell me. What's wrong?" tears immediately sprang to Donghae's eyes when Eunhyuk started crying louder and reddened.

"Oh no, oh no. Let me call daddy," Donghae worriedly bit her lip and called Hyukjae when Eunhyuk suddenly screamed and threw up on her shirt. "Eunhyukkie?! What's wrong?!"

"Dada!" Eunhyuk cried and Donghae gasped as the boy went limp in her arms. "Eunhyuk? Eunhyuk?! Hyukjae, please pick up!"

"Uh... Donghae? What's up? Wait... are you crying? What happened?!" Hyukjae answered the phone lazily and ended in worry as Donghae's cries got louder. "Yeobo, please... something happened to Eunhyuk... Eunhyuk! Wake up!"

Donghae was both flustered and blubbering now so Hyukjae barely understood what she was saying, but upon realising, he gasped. "What happened to him?! Wait, I'm coming there! Stay on the call!"

"Hyukkie, what am I gonna do... Eunhyukkie, please wake up!" Donghae was again crying and holding her son on her lap, trying not to shake him too much. The infant was grabbing on her forearm tightly and sweating bullets which made her worry even more.

"Donghae, what's wrong with him? Jagi, calm down and tell me what's happened to our baby, okay?" Donghae listened to Hyukjae's soothing voice and tried to inhale deeply so she could answer coherently, "a-ani, I don't know, oppa! Please c-come here! Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk!"

"Shh, I'm outside the apartment. Put the baby down and come unlock the door now, okay? Come on, sweetheart..." Hyukjae told her firmly and Donghae nodded weakly. She gently placed the heavily breathing Eunhyuk on hers and Hyukjae's shared bed before she rushed to the front door of the apartment.

Hyukjae hugged her when she opened the door and immediately went to their bedroom to see Eunhyuk. "Hae, get Eunhyuk some clothes. Come on, Hae, he's gonna be okay."

Donghae weakly nodded and rushed to get Eunhyuk in his jacket and hat before Hyukjae lifted him to leave the apartment. Donghae followed after them with her bottom lip between her teeth and sweat forming on her forehead.

They arrived at the hospital quickly thanks to Hyukjae's minivan and once they'd gotten there, Hyukjae begged for a doctor to check on their son while Donghae held Eunhyuk's hand in tears.

"I see the problem isn't quite big, you don't need to worry Mr and Mrs Lee. He must've eaten something spoiled which made him throw up and get dehydrated," the doctor explained as calmly as he could but it didn't stop Donghae from worrying and she even insisted on him staying the night in the hospital.

"Ah, don't worry about it, Hae. We'll go home soon, okay? Thank you, doctor," Hyukjae bowed gratefully at the doctor and then turned to his weeping wife who had laced her fingers with Eunhyuk's. He sighed softly at the sight and hesitantly sat on the chair beside Donghae and covered her hand which was holding Eunhyuk's and lightly it.

"Come on, sweetheart. Eunhyuk will come through in a bit. Everything will be just alright," he whispered soothingly and used his other hand to the back of her head upon her collapsing against his chest in another wave of tears.


"Is it just me who genuinely can't believe you two are getting a divorce? Like seriously... you two were like the cutest couple I knew, honestly!" Donghae lightly laughed as Heechul whined and threw her arms around her tightly.

"I know you're getting divorced on agreeing grounds, but what about Eunhyuk? What about his upbringing?" Kibum wondered as she was poked in the cheek by a giggling Eunhyuk who burst out into laughter as Kibum playfully growled.

"Ah... um, we agreed he would stay with me... Hyukjae insisted on it because I don't feel comfortable not having Eunhyuk around me. Um, but, Hyukjae can see him whenever he wants so it's fair in that sense," Donghae explained while biting her lip and smiled sweetly as Eunhyuk burst into another fit of laughter.

"I get all this is happening and you're both consenting, but did you two tell your families about it? What did Donghwa oppa and Sora unnie say?" Heechul wondered as she glanced back at Eunhyuk and then to Donghae again.

The latter simply shrugged and heaved out a defeated sigh whilst she stirred the spoon in her drink. "Hm, they hate it. They want custodial rights over Eunhyuk and... oh gosh, it was a total mess. Hyukjae was shouting and Donghwa oppa and Sora unnie were arguing so much... I've never seen Hyukjae that angry before and same goes to oppa and unnie," Donghae sighed and tears sprang to her eyes at the memory of listening to Hyukjae arguing with her brother and his own sister.

"Wh-what? They want custody over Eunhyuk? Why do they want to adopt your son? They know exactly why you can't separate from him..." Kibum trailed off and both she and Heechul stared at Donghae with wide eyes due to what they'd just heard.

"They think we don't deserve Eunhyuk... I mean they tried so hard to have a child after... after appa passed away... and I guess... they think they should raise him since he's the one who was born during it all," Donghae whispered and wiped away the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"Eunhyuk is yours and Hyukjae's no matter the situation. If they fight for your son then I'm stepping in," Heechul announced with a deep frown on her face and Donghae giggled when Eunhyuk laughed while pointing at Heechul's facial expression.

"Hyukjae's parents and your mum know about this? Or, do they not know about you two getting divorced?" Kibum wondered and Donghae lightly shook her head at the words.

"They want Eunhyuk too. They blame each other for our divorce and then Hyukjae's blames me while mine blames Hyukjae. In the end, our parents are also fighting for Eunhyuk. They're appealing for all sorts just to keep Eunhyuk," Donghae sighed and then smiled when Eunhyuk made grabby hands at her and hugged her head to his own.

"Woah... that's really crazy. Does Hyukjae know about all this?" Heechul asked and Donghae shrugged lightly at the question, "I'm sure they've told him as much as they told me. I mean, I did tell him since he asked, but it's different if our parents say it to him."

"Aigoo, poor Eunhyukkie. Hey, kiddo, don't worry, okay? You're going to be with your eomma even if I have to fight some people!" Heechul announced proudly and Eunhyuk adorably blinked at her before he giggled which caused the adults to follow along loudly.


"This reminds me of that time before we started University and you found out Hyoyeon was dating that Junhyung guy," Hyukjae rolled his eyes at Siwon's words and flicked his temple lightly, "ya, not the time. I'm being serious here. I'm divorcing Donghae."

"Oh dang, why, though? You two were like so sickening and sweet. What happened?" Siwon wondered as his eyebrows furrowed in concern and Hyukjae sighed, shaking his head.

"A lot happened, really. It all just built up and then we went off at each other. The conclusion was divorce," he explained and then glanced at Geng who seemed to be deep in thought, "what do you think, Geng?"

"I think you should make it up to each other. But, then I think it's for the best. I'm worried about your boy, though. What will happen to him?" Geng asked and tilted his head at Hyukjae who shrugged and took a sip of his beverage, "he'll stay with Donghae like he's done since he was born. He won't be okay if I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter