Chapter Three

Go Back Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Donghae, princess, it's time to wake up!" Donghae grumbled in annoyance and turned over, pulling the sheets higher over her head. "Ma, I don't want to wake up yet... tired..."

"Ma? How dare you call me 'ma', you little rascal?!" Donghae heard someone respond jokingly and shrieked as fingers attacked her sides. "Ah, wae?! Stop!"

"Ah, you little brat!" the person groaned and Donghae finally forced her eyes open as she couldn't recognise the voice properly. The man sitting next to her grinned brightly and then poked her cheek, "hi!"

"Dad...? Woah, I've never seen you in a dream before!" Donghae exclaimed and wrapped her arms around the older man's shoulders. She thought he heard him let a confused gasp but ignored it and continued hugging him tightly.

"Daddy... I miss you so, so much... I'm so sorry..." she whispered and gently his hair. "Uh, Hae? What's wrong with you? Did you hit your head?"

"Of course not, appa. I missed you, you know?" she giggled quietly as tears sprang to her eyes but she quickly wiped them away before he could notice. But, of course, he saw.

"Wait, are you crying? What the hell? Did something happen to you? And what do you mean by missing me? We saw each other literally last night," her dad replied in total confusion and Donghae's eyebrows furrowed before she slowly released her dad's shoulders.

"What? Dad, this is the first time you're in my dream. This is so important to me, you know?" she whispered and hugged her dad's neck again, burying her face against his chest.

"Ya, what is wrong with this kid? This isn't a dream, Hae! You're awake!" he said a little louder and Donghae paused, eyebrows lifting in confusion. "Huh?"

"You're not dreaming right now, you know? I know you were excited to get into Hanguk University, but it doesn't mean you're dreaming, silly!" Donghae's dad giggled and Donghae's eyes flitted around in surprise, widening as they landed on the calendar hanging behind the door.

No way.


"I should go and- wait, why isn't that jerk awake?! Lee Hyukjae, wake up right now!" Hyukjae grunted in annoyance as he heard the command from his father, but simply pulled the bedsheets over his head and turned away.

"Lee Hyukjae!" he heard another shout and groaned as he was kicked off his bed and unceremoniously landed on his face with his knee bent at an awkward angle.

"What the heck is- noona?" Hyukjae's annoyance was short-lived and instead his eyebrows raised in confusion as he saw his older sister glaring down at him with a pillow in hand and curlers in hair.

"Noona, I know you want Eunhyuk that much, but you can't have him. Also, he doesn't live with me, he's with his umma," Hyukjae explained with an annoyed sigh and lazily climbed back up on his bed, pulling the covers over his head tiredly.

"What do you take me for?! I don't need any Eunhyuk or Hyuk when I have my amazing boyfriend, Donghwa! Are you jealous or something? Are you expecting a kid? Who's the mother?" Sora asked and Hyukjae tensed up at her words, but his eyes widened at what she had said.

"Wait a second. Hold up. Your boyfriend, Donghwa?" Hyukjae repeated in uncertainty and gaped in disbelief as Sora rolled her eyes and nodded. "Were you not listening last night when I told everyone he'll be coming today with his family?"

"Wait... you're being serious right now? Since when did he become your boyfriend again? What about Soohee and Sohee? What about Dongsoo?!" Hyukjae panicked as he didn't understand what Sora was saying, but she seemed to be in a similar state.

"Brat, what are you going on about?! I assure you I had no one named like that and same with Donghwa oppa. Whatever, make sure you look good! You'll meet his family too!" Sora answered with a roll of her eyes and kicked his backside which made him shriek in pain.

"Also, stop being such a freak! I actually don't want to scare off Donghwa oppa, you know?" Sora stated with finality and left his bedroom without giving him a chance to speak. He groaned in annoyance, but paused to replay the previous events in his brain.

No way.

 

"Hey!" Donghae's dad burst into laughter as he closed the bathroom door and heard a small squeal and whine come from the other side. "Daddy, it hurts!"

"Kiddo, stop following me everywhere! Go and get ready for university first. We're going to go and see Donghwa oppa's girlfriend and her family, remember?" he asked and heard Donghae gasp, but after that it was silent.

Donghae ran to her room after hearing what her dad said. She was more than just shocked. If her parents hadn't yet met Sora's family, then... then that meant she and Hyukjae weren't family yet.

Which also meant... she could somehow prevent becoming Hyukjae's wife all in all. Since she couldn't last time.

 

"So, you're saying Donghwa will come tonight, right? Like with his whole entire family, right? The whole thing?" Hyukjae wondered once again at breakfast and got a scolding from his mother.

"Stop it, brat. Yes, for the billionth time. He's bringing his entire family. What is wrong with you?" Sora rolled her eyes to which Hyukjae responded with his own. He continued eating his breakfast and after finishing, ran upstairs without a word.

If his parents hadn't yet met Donghwa's... then that meant the older siblings were meeting each others' families. He didn't attend the meeting last time since he ended up at the hospital, but this time he would do everything in his power to show up.

He made sure he would.


"Hey, Donghae! Looking good!" Donghae curiously looked up from her assignment and a wide grin split across her cheeks when she saw her past admirer staring back at her.

'How come I fell for Hyukjae when this person was in front of me the whole time?' she wondered to herself thoughtfully and waved shyly at the approaching male who nudged her shoulder slightly.

"Hi, Kyuhyun... uh, not too bad yourself," she complimented in return and smiled as the younger grinned cheekily and nudged her with his elbow gently. "Ah, what's gotten into you, Donghae? You've never said that before."

"Really? Haha, that's surprising, actually. Anyway, what are you doing here?" she wondered with a tilt of her head and caused Kyuhyun to gush softly. "You're so adorable, what kind of- oh gosh, too cute. Anyway, I'm here to ask you out, of course. Will you date me, Donghae?"

"Can you please pretend to be my boyfriend for today?" Donghae responded and smiled as Kyuhyun nodded with his eyes closed, "I understand perfectly, I will ask you again tom- uh, wait, what?!"

"I asked if you could pretend to be my boyfriend for today," Donghae replied with a giggle which increased in volume as Kyuhyun gasped in disbelief.

"No way! Lee Donghae, are you kidding me?! You actually want me to do that for you?!" Kyuhyun shouted in excitement and caused Donghae to laugh happily at his words. "Neh neh!"

"Thank you for giving me a chance! I promise that I won't give you a reason to not go out with me after today!" Kyuhyun declared proudly and Donghae giggled as the male pressed a hesitant kiss to her forehead and then skipped away, but not without shouting something.

"I'll text you in a bit! I have to get some things ready!" she heard from him and waved at him, watching him leave. A small smile was present on her lips but it grew as she remembered something cute.

 

"That guy really became the President of Hyundai Corp, huh? Dang, and to think he was a hoobae not even so long ago," Hyukjae mentioned as he shovelled a spoon of porridge into his mouth. Donghae curiously glanced at the television screen and then a wide smile lit up on her face.

"Omo, it's Kyu!" she exclaimed happily and giggled as she fed Eunhyuk some milk. Eunhyuk gurgled softly and then smiled adorably at Donghae who chuckled.

"You know him?" Hyukjae asked with a raised eyebrow and Donghae carelessly shrugged, a small smirk lifting on her lips.

"In actual fact, he courted me throughout university and until our engagement," she sighed fondly at the memory and shook her head happily as she saw Kyuhyun bowing on the screen.

"He really became such a successful man. I'm happy for him," she said honestly and smiled at Eunhyuk while the little boy yawned sleepily. She burped him and then lay him down beside her and Hyukjae.

"Pfft, Kyuhyun courted you?! As in Cho Kyuhyun, the nerd, rich boy Kyuhyun courted you? Whatever for?" Hyukjae rolled his eyes since he was in disbelief, but Donghae simply hmphed and turned away from him.

"Yes, so what if he did? Are you jealous I got courted by a reasonable person? At least the person courting me didn't expose me or make me a fool to the world," Donghae pointed out with a roll of her eyes and Eunhyuk's cheek softly. "Though I don't really blame them both. You were a playboy, you know?"

"When are you going to drop that subject? Are you stupid or something? So what if I was a playboy, how does it affect you right now in anyway possible?" Hyukjae replied and continued watching the TV.

"Hm, whatever. Still, though, you have a terrible past. I really wish you could, somehow, not mention Jieun or Hyoyeon and I in the same sentence?" Donghae spoke up in uncertainty but Hyukjae simply shrugged.

"Yeah yeah, just because Jieun was prettier... ugh, whatever you insist on," Hyukjae grunted and smiled sweetly when Eunhyuk curiously looked at him, a small pout on face. "What's up, Eunhyukkie?"

"He would appreciate it if you stopped talking about your ex," Donghae responded and smiled at Eunhyuk who giggled at her expression. Hyukjae watched the interaction and fondly rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

 

Donghae grinned at the memory and whistled as she packed up her belongings. She stood up from the bench and brushed down her dress before she walked to the entrance of the University.

She gasped at what she saw.


Hyukjae lazily entered Hanguk University

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter