Chapter Four

Go Back Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae had a hard time looking away from the scene which occurred in front of her. Seeing Hyukjae and Jieun look at each other like that sent shivers up her spine as she remembered how they had been in the past.

Hyukjae didn't seem to, though. Despite looking straight into Donghae's eyes, she saw not an ounce of regret as he affectionately placed his hands on Jieun's hips and brought her closer to himself.

Donghae fought off tears threatening to rise and reluctantly turned away from the pair. She gulped down a sob and hurried down the staircase before she made a run for it.


"Ah, what is the prob- Donghae?!" Donghae pouted as she saw Kyuhyun on the other side of the door, awkwardly pulling down his shirt but hurried upon seeing her. She felt tears gather in her eyes and suddenly hugged the boy tightly. "Kyuhyun!"

"Aw, what's wrong, Hae?" Kyuhyun murmured in worry as he hesitantly lifted and wrapped his arms around Donghae gently. Donghae only cried harder as she remembered how Hyukjae used to hug her.

"Oh no, baby. Come on, tell me. What's wrong?" he panicked and pulled her into his dorm room, glaring at his roommate to go away so they could have some privacy. Donghae clutched his shirt tightly and only looked up when she heard Kyuhyun's roommate leave the dorm.

"Hae? Why are you crying?" Kyuhyun frowned while lightly petting her head and she quickly wiped her tears away before she stepped back. "Kyuhyun-ssi..."

"Hm, what's wrong, Hae?" Kyuhyun asked gently, lifting his thumbs to brush away her tears. She attempted a weak smile and then stepped away, shaking her head weakly.

"Oh come on, you can't seriously expect me to believe that. Tell me, Hae," Kyuhyun shook his head and lightly petted her hair. Donghae wiped away any remaining tears and then shrugged lightly, "it's fine, um, you wanna go to my oppa's house?"

"Oh... if you say so," Kyuhyun said, nervously glancing down at Donghae's soft features. Donghae smiled softly and held his hand, leaning up to lightly hug the younger. "Thank you, Kyuhyun..."

"Don't worry about it, Hae. Come on, let's get to your house and-" Kyuhyun's words were cut off by a blaring noise surprising them both. "Oh! Sorry!"

"It's okay, Hae," Kyuhyun shrugged it off with a smile and curiously watched as she dug in her pocket before she opened her palm which held a phone. "Oh, daddy! What's up?!"

Kyuhyun slowly smiled as he watched Donghae talk animatedly to whoever, her father he assumed, was on the other end. Donghae seemed to be in her own world with literal stars in her eyes and it made Kyuhyun feel warm. Seeing her happy like that.

"Oh, okay! Yes, I'm with my friend, Kyuhyun! Oh- yeah! I'll wait for oppa then! Uh-huh!... you too, daddy! See you later!... uh-huh, nado saranghae!" Donghae spoke very quickly and loudly which made a wide smile lift on Kyuhyun's lips as he watched Donghae turn the call off and shove the device in her bag.

"Hey, Kyuhyun!" Donghae excitedly called the younger, who winced but was hiding a smile. "Ah, I'm right in front of you, Hae!"

"Oh, sorry!" Donghae pouted but brightened just as quickly. "Let's go to my oppa's house! I need your help later!"

"Okay, if you say so..." Kyuhyun answered unsurely but shrugged when Donghae smiled sweetly. Both smiled at each other and Kyuhyun reached for Donghae's hand, intertwining their fingers together.

"Come on then! Let's go!"


"Daddy, is it okay if I bring a friend along with me when we go to meet Hyuk- Donghwa oppa's friend?" Kyuhyun smiled dreamily at the girl currently on the phone and his smile broadened when she noticed him staring and shyly curled a strand of hair behind her ear.

They were both in the lift of Donghwa's apartment complex after Kyuhyun had changed and they had grabbed some lunch. Kyuhyun continued watching Donghae, spaced-out, and gasped when the bell rang to alert them of their stop.

"Come on," Donghae sweetly smiled while slipping her phone in her pocket and shyly curled her hand around his arm. "Appa said it's okay with him. Let's go to oppa's house."

"Okay, come on," Kyuhyun grinned and followed along her direction before they stopped in front of an apartment door which Donghae rang the doorbell of. Kyuhyun bit his lip to hold in a squeal at Donghae's adorable tilting on her feet while waiting for the door to be opened.

"Hey! You're here!" exclaimed an excited voice when the door opened and Kyuhyun's eyes widened when Donghae was gathered into a taller man's arms and hugged tightly. "Oh my-"

"Oppa!" Donghae giggled as she hugged back just as enthusiastically and got a ruffle of her hair before Donghwa moved away from her. He smiled and slightly bowed to Kyuhyun, inviting them both in discreetly, "come in, come in. I just showered and need to get ready. Donghae, your clothes are in my room. Go and shower."

"Neh, oppa," Donghae smiled widely and waved at Kyuhyun before she disappeared into a room, which he guessed was Donghwa's. "Hey, sorry for the rudeness. You can make yourself comfortable while I go and change. I'll be back in a few."

"Okay, no problem," Kyuhyun smiled brightly and settled himself down on the sofa, looking around the living room in curiosity. His eyes caught a picture frame among others on the mantelpiece and immediately went to see them, trying to figure out a little more about Donghae.

In the frame were Donghae, Donghwa and who Kyuhyun assumed to be their parents. It looked as if it were Donghae's high school graduation, judging by the robes she was clad in and the certificate in her hand.

Kyuhyun went to put it back, but stopped when he saw another frame hidden behind it. He picked it up in confusion and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw its content.

Donghwa was in this picture with a girl, the girl's parents and a boy. Lee Hyukjae. Why was Lee Hyukjae with Lee Donghwa?

"Ah, that's my girlfriend's family. Don't be too confused," he heard from behind him and turned, seeing Donghwa smile as he pointed at the picture frame. "That's who we're going to see today."

"I see..."

 

"Alright, Hyukjae, I know this isn't the best way for you to introduce Jieun to us, but I hope it's not a problem for either of you. Donghwa's family is coming over today," Hyukjae waved off his mother's worry and smiled at Jieun, hesitantly telling her to follow him.

"Neh, oppa," Jieun agreed quickly and followed after him as he walked to his room. She shut the door behind them and Hyukjae glanced at her for a second before he went to his bathroom, "I'm sorry, I need to shower first. Please make yourself comfortable."

"Eh, okay. Sorry about making you wait, oppa," Jieun apologised as a shy blush rose on her cheeks. She had asked Hyukjae to take her shopping and the latter agreed without an ounce of hesitation, which was the reason they were both running late.

"It's okay, Jieun-ah," Hyukjae simply answered and Jieun smiled gently, walking over to sit at his desk. As the water started running, Jieun couldn't help herself and looked through the contents of Hyukjae's table.

There were the typical university books and stationery, nothing out of the ordinary. Jieun started arranging all the equipment in a neat pile and had just lifted a book on familial psychology when a small card slipped through and landed facing up to Jieun, whose eyes widened in shock.


"Wh-what the-?" Jieun whispered under her breath, looking at the unmistakable Hyukjae and the little baby in the man's arms. She was ready to ponder more over the confusion, but paused when she heard the water turn off.

She hurriedly rearranged the scattered books and slipped the paper into a random book before she looked at the bathroom door, pretending she wasn't doing anything of importance. Hyukjae entered his bedroom while whistling and Jieun's head went up, eyes widening when she saw him fully clothed in a nice suit his mother had chosen for him.

"You look dashing, Hyukjae oppa," Jieun told the man, who was fixing up his appearance in the mirror by tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter