Prologue

Go Back Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say marriage is the easiest milestone in life. One involving the unification of two compatible parties for a lifetime.

So, then, why is it so difficult for her?

 

"Peek-a-boo!" Donghae watched her adorable little boy react wildly to her expression through means of giggles which resulted in her copying his actions. She gathered him up in her arms and kissed his chubby cheek before letting him down again.

"Hello!" she laughed as her son climbed up on her lap and kicked her cheek before slobbering on it. She went silent for a moment before laughing loudly at the ticklish feeling, "oh no, baby! Don't spit!"

"Hehe!" the adorable little boy responded and cheekily stuck his tongue out, a habit she couldn't complain about - he seemed to have picked it up from her after all. She lightly ruffled the boy's hair and then took a quick glance at the clock.

"Baby, it's time to wake daddy up. Umma will make breakfast so you go and bother appa, okay?" she asked slowly and smiled when the boy nodded in excitement and began crawling to their bedroom. She giggled after him and stood up to let him into the room before diverting herself to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

They say marriage is joyful and beautiful. A time when one can truly enjoy the beauties life provides.

So, then, why is she so easily frustrated?

 

"Hey, Donghae-ssi, have you seen my tie anywhere?" Donghae's concentration on flipping the pancake was broken as she heard the familiar husky voice travel into her ears. She turned around abruptly and forced a smile on her face at none other than her husband, Hyukjae.

"No, Hyukjae-ssi. I last saw it when you went to work yesterday," Donghae replied stiffly which pulled a soft curse from her husband. Silence spread after that as Donghae turned back to breakfast and Hyukjae went to look for his tie.

"What's for breakfast today?" Hyukjae asked after a few minutes and Donghae glanced back in surprise before shrugging lightly. "Uh, kimchi pancakes. Would you like to drink coffee today?"

"Yeah, I'll need it. I have a huge project starting today," he informed while picking up their son who had suddenly crawled to him and demanded to be lifted. Donghae smiled at the affectionate scene and then sighed at what she heard, "ah, will you not be returning home early tonight?"

"No, I have other things to do as well," Hyukjae replied in a clipped tone and Donghae suppressed everything so she wouldn't turn around and look at the calendar just to be disappointed. Instead, she kept her head down and served her husband breakfast before she lifted Eunhyuk to feed him.

"Oh, gosh! You're so heavy, sweetie," she giggled as Eunhyuk nuzzled his nose in her neck and kept his arms around her shoulders. "Ah, baby, what are you doing?" she smiled as Eunhyuk hugged her tighter before he released her shoulders and then planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Mama~" he giggled and Donghae froze, but it seemed it wasn't only her who'd heard. Hyukjae looked up from his phone with wide-eyes and then scrambled to sit beside Eunhyuk. "Baby, what did you just say?"

"Mama!" Eunhyuk repeated and hugged Donghae's neck but not without smiling toothlessly at Hyukjae. Donghae squealed under her breath at his adorable behaviour before she kissed his forehead, "aww, my baby is so sweet. Love you~"

"Mama~" Eunhyuk giggled and then turned to Hyukjae, pouting out his lips. Hyukjae smiled softly at his son before he kissed him as demanded. Eunhyuk grinned and then continued hugging Donghae, leaving Hyukjae to his temporary thoughts.

 

They say the companionship of a spouse is everything one needs in life. Through this relationship, spouses become soul mates. They just know everything about each other.

So, then, why does she feel like a stranger in her own home?

 

"Ah, of course he remembered! I mean, just because he doesn't act like it, I'm sure it was a secret," Donghae grinned brightly as she saw the designer bag resting on hers and Hyukjae's dressing table. A soft pink blossomed on her cheeks as she grabbed the paper bag and whistled at the beautiful handbag inside.

"Wow..." she whispered in awe, amazed by the exotic features of the handbag and gently ran her fingers over the soft material. A giggle escaped as she gently lifted the cover of the bag before she slipped it up to her shoulder and checked it out in the mirror.

"Hey, Donghae-ssi, do you- Donghae! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Put that back right now!" Donghae, who originally had been excited to show it off to her husband, froze, face dropping as she realised it seemed that she had stepped out of line. Hyukjae cursed loudly and ripped it out of Donghae's hands with no mercy.

"Are you stupid?! This bag is for Nari, you freak!" Hyukjae frantically shouted all of a sudden and Donghae gaped as her husband turned away from her, hissing under his breath. Tears sprang to her eyes at his harsh behaviour but she forced herself to stop them before her husband could see.

"I'm sorry-" she choked softly but was ignored by Hyukjae. Rather, the man rushed through the apartment looking for something, pretending she didn't even exist. Donghae watched him, overcome with sadness but one glance at Eunhyuk watching his father with wide, confused orbs had her reeling in anger.

"You jerk! Why are you shouting at me?! Do you even know what day it is today?!" she shrieked at him after making sure Eunhyuk was out of earshot and his attention elsewhere. Hyukjae stopped in his tracks and turned to look at her, showing just as much anger as she was displaying.

"Yes! It's 18th July! What's so important about today anyway?! It's just our anniversary! Wait... our anniversary?" Hyukjae turned back to Donghae with wide eyes and gasped in disbelief. Donghae bit her lip and wiped away the tear rolling down her cheek before she left to the kitchen, picking up a whining Eunhyuk along the way.

"Hey, Donghae, wait-" Hyukjae followed after her, but Donghae didn't stop and rather started washing the dishes after securing Eunhyuk in his high chair. Hyukjae paced towards Donghae and s his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek softly, "I'm sorry, baby..."

"It's fine," Donghae muttered and tried escaping his hold, but he only tightened his arms around her. "No, it's not okay. I'm genuinely sorry, sweetie."

"Apology accepted," Donghae sighed even if it wasn't the truth. Not that Hyukjae would know. Of course, as expected, it went as such and Hyukjae turned away so he could go to his room to collect his briefcase.

 

They say marriage is a unification which defies secrets. Trust is something unexplainable between a married couple. Including close relations.

So, then, why is she lying to her friend?

 

"Donghae-ssi, I'm leaving! See you soon, okay? Bye, Eunhyuk! Love you!" Hyukjae shouted from where Donghae presumed was the front door and she cleared to reply to him even though he just closed the door without waiting for an answer. Donghae sighed under her breath and shook her head before she went to play with Eunhyuk.

She busied herself with washing dishes, wiping down the kitchen and later bathing and dressing Eunhyuk and herself. She hummed as she continued with other chores while keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter