Five

Garden maze

And now, the long-awaited day has come. Viscount de`Kim arrives at his residence. He came not alone, with the family of Count de Im . The eldest of the sisters was having fun talking with the viscount's daughter, riding next to her, on a black mustang, without a hat. Her beautiful black hair flowed over her narrow shoulders, creating a halo of a fatal woman. Many of the men of chin looked back at her. In shout lumped the attention was on Miss DaHyun.

Katarina watching them from afar (not daring to drive closer), for the first time felt signs of jealousy.

I will not let DaHyun pick up!

She was going to leave, so that later she would officially come, after a preliminary offer to visit their house when she heard a cry:

- Katarina! Katarina!

The girl would know from millions of voices who called her. Her voice, saturated with sweetness and freshness, sometimes quiet, sometimes refined, sometimes warm, like the sun. Voice of DaHyun .

- Katarina!

The girl saw her jumping to Tofu, a smile blooming on her face, her eyes sparkling. How have I not noticed her before?

- Katarina! - Finally, Tofu was close to Cherry, their knees were touching, small hands clasped her hands, pulling him to her. - God, how I missed you! - breathed happily DaHyun, being in a very close distance, tilting her head to her face, kissed on the cheek. - The city was so empty without you.

-I am glad that you returned - feeling not only her cheeks, but also her heart burning, Katarina plunged into the warm chocolate of her loving eyes with all tenderness. “I missed you so much.” I want to tell you so much ...

- DaHyun! - called out a new, completely unfamiliar voice to her friend, interrupting Katarina at a glance, getting all the attention to herself. The black-haired girl who had previously laughed with her, called to her, waving her well-groomed hand in a light glove.

- Ah, what a pity, I have to go! I also need to tell you a lot, dear. Let's do it, - she said quickly, looking directly into her eyes, - I can break out in the evening, late in the evening. - Can you meet me in the labyrinth garden?

- Where is the first turn?

- No, it’s better towards the end, there I remember there was a loophole - she raised an eyebrow, DaHyun grinned, hearing perfectly what her name was coming back.

-She is still there, no one has found. You then thought up successfully, Miss DaHyun - Katarina grinned. - I will be waiting for you there, at least all night, - she promised, only wanting that voice to disappear, leaving DaHyun alone and let them fully enjoy their reunion.

- Well, I’ll definitely come - swore DaHyun, for the last time (not meeting resistance from the girl) kissed on the cheek, galloped to her house.

Her cheek was still burning with touch, her heart ached in her chest, and trembling ran through her whole body. Turning away so that no one could see, she brought her fingers to that mark on her cheek, led it to her lips and kissed.

God, I'm hopeless, stupid, in love with DaHyun de`Kim!

***

My lips still felt the smoothness of her cheeks. My breathing was still interrupted and it wasn’t from a quick trip to Tofu to the guests. My heart was beating loudly in my chest, drowning out any voices, leaving only one that belongs to Katharina de`Son .

We have not seen each other for a month.

Father’s affairs were not allowed to leave the city.

She could not leave, although she pulled herself out every second.

These days, it seemed to me that I was a bird locked in a golden cage, forcibly kept in it. As if my wings were broken, my tender heart was wounded; they trampled it into the mud. The only consolation and some kind of entertainment was the arrival of Countess de Im with her family in the city (they returned after the trip).

Nayeon and JiHyo spoiled me with their presence. They did everything so that I was not bored. I am so grateful to them that when they asked to visit us, I immediately agreed.

I didn’t think I would see Katarina so soon. Her pretty pink hat, graceful posture, pulled in a dress, small boots, everything in her was delightfully beautiful.

She promised to wait for me, and I will come, and when I meet her in the garden, I will tell you about my feelings. I don't want to hide anymore. Let her know about them, and perhaps everything will turn out so that she will give a positive answer to my feelings.

***

“Was that the girl you're in love with?” Is your Katarina? - In the evening, after dinner, the younger sister of JiHyo de Im asked me. Nayeon walked beside her, silent, pursed her lips and frowned slightly.

-Yes, - I nodded, smiling softly at the girls.

- She's beautiful. Have you arranged to meet?

- Yes. Help me slip out of the house - folded her hands imploringly.

“Of course it will help, right, Nayeon?

-Help, - smiled as she stepped out of her trance, Nayeon. - I promised you there, in the city, that I would help you as much as you helped me with Sana...

-Or how you helped me with Tzuyu, - JiHyo reminded her. -Did you come up with something, Nayeon?

- Yes, I did. Now follow all that I say, and you will find yourself even earlier than planned - Nayeon smiled, leaning forward and quietly whispering an action plan.

***

The garden labyrinth has not changed, only in the darkness of the night has it acquired some mystery. The muffled light of torches burning on either side of the garden drew obscure shadows on the ground. I knew all the loopholes here, because more than once I had to get inside without knowing it. I managed to get out without being noticed from home, only after ten in the evening. I hoped Katarina was still waiting for me.

Ah, my heart will now burst in my chest from an overabundance of excitement!

My heart was beating so loudly that it seemed that everyone in the sleeping house heard his beat.

***

Katarina was waiting for me, wrapped in a shawl.

How beautiful she was in the obscure flickering of a torch! She sat without a hat, black hair braided and lay on her shoulders. A slightly bowed head opened my eyes to a graceful neck, the skin of which turned pale in the dark. Her profile was bewitching. Even more mesmerizing was nightwear and hastily shod shoes on her bare foot.

She was reading a book unfurled on her lap.

She started when I accidentally stepped on a dry branch under my feet.

- You came - laying the book aside, extended your palm to me, smiled warmly.

I took her hand and sat next to her, silently smiling back.

I had to say so much, but all the words were forgotten, as soon as I looked into her eyes.

“What did you want to tell me?” - I heard the tender voice of Katarina, that echoed through my whole body, stopping in my chest, in my heart.

Her fingertips trembled, but not from the cold, her palm burned, and still I brought her hand to my lips, warming with my breath.

I distinctly heard her gasp for breath, but the girl did not pull away, sat down even closer.

We looked intently into each other's eyes, our silence dragged on, but it was not heavy. Tension was present, but of a completely different kind.

“Do you want to hear what I wanted to tell you?” - Her voice barely audible sounded, I shook my head, approaching Katarina's face.

We did not need voices to understand each other.

We were drawn to each other, and we did not resist.

When a few millimeters remained to her lips, her lips parted, and from there a voice languishing to my heart sounded, pronouncing my name:

- Dahyun ...

Our kiss swallowed everything else.

The kiss in reality turned out to be much nicer and hotter than a warm spring night in the labyrinth garden.