Four

Garden maze

3 months later.

Nothing has changed, only dreams of an nature were added, where my mask flew off my face, I became an uncontrollable beast who attacked an innocent sheep with the name of Katarina.

Dreams began to dream after one incident, completely turning her subconscious upside down, subdued me.

The incident occurred during another horse ride. We drove closer to the mountain source. We have long wanted to go there, but there was little time. And that day, we were both free until the evening.

Our horses rode at a steady pace.

We left early in the morning, collecting everything we needed for a picnic. Dressed not catchy, comfortable, taking with you umbrellas from the sun and hats. I gathered my hair in a bun so that my neck would not be hot, the scorching sun and dry wind promised.

I saddled my Tofu; I was waiting for the arrival of Katarina. She was seen from afar. She did not jump, but seemed to soar. Her silky black locks developed in the wind like a shawl, a thin waist, gracefully leaning forward, holding the reins of Cherry. She was incredibly beautiful, with a slight blush that came out through the swarthy skin. I wanted to jump from my horse, run to it and lower it down, holding my hands on the waist.

- Miss DaHyun, are you ready? No longer eager to explore new territories, to see that mountain spring, about which you once read. Do you think we will find him today? - comparing with Tofu, Katarina asked excitedly.

-Mandatory. You and I have not checked yet another path, I am sure that that path leads precisely to the source.

-Ah, it would be quicker to find him, otherwise the sun would take him in the back, - Katarina said, fanning herself, straightened her hat, tapped her horse a little.

-Yes, it’s very hot today, surprisingly, - I agreed, also drove the horse with my foot.

So nothing, not chatting specifically, we drove to the path that led straight into the forest, wiggling past the trees in a zigzag pattern. There was a pleasant coolness inside the forest, and it smelled of needles, the sun barely penetrated the branches of trees, the eyes were pleased with the delicate color of greenery. The birds sang, we also did not want to break the silence, we rode in silence.

The murmur of water began to be heard closer, we were already glad that we got there, when a hare suddenly jumped out of the bushes, followed by a fierce wild boar. It was the boar that scared Cherry.

- Cherry, waits! Stop! - Katarina shouted in fright, clinging to the horse's back, trying to hold on to the mane.

The horse did not obey orders or requests; she was very scared for her life. She trotted to the mountain, not understanding the road, not realizing that there could be a cliff ahead.

- Katarina! - I shouted, urging my Tofu to get ahead of Cherry, to cross the road, to make me turn in another direction. But Cherry was very scared, her eyes darkened with fear and horror, she raced only forward, to death.

I could not allow the death of my beloved, by some miracle Tofu overtook Cherry for a split second; I was able to grab the strap. Gathering all my strength, I squeezed the leash, pulled on myself:

- Pry! Pry! Hush, hush, Cherry. Calm down - the horse calmed me in a quiet voice, she kicked, did not give in to submission, wanted to throw my hand away. I almost fell off my horse, my legs in the rods barely held; I was in a dangerous situation, having fun on weight. - Katarina, dear, everything is fine, you need to calm down. All is well, nothing bad happened. Katarina, you scare Cherry!

- I ... DaHyun ... I ... oh, God - burst into tears, shaking his whole body. - DaHyun...

- Everything is fine, I'm here, I'm with you - I reached out to my cheek, and this was a fatal moment for me, Cherry shook her head in my side, and I could not resist, slipped down.

- DaHyun!!!

Her scream, that's what I heard before losing consciousness.

She regained consciousness as suddenly as she closed her eyes. My head was lying on something soft, and someone's fingers gently touched my face.

- Miss DaHyun, are you okay? - Caring eyes of Katarina looked down at me.

- OK, if it weren’t for that shame. I saved you, and then I fell so absurdly and lost consciousness. Bad knight of me, huh? - tried to get up, but they gently stopped me, Katarina gently ran her hair through. - Miss Katarina.

-I have not thanked you for your salvation yet, - a gentle voice sounded. - I hope you like this reward - slowly began to sink down, I accidentally closed my eyes, and almost suffocated when I felt the warm lips on my cheek, close to my lips. - Thanks, DaHyun.

***

I replayed that situation a million times until my brain decided one day to play a bad joke with me, giving out in my dream a completely different reality.

Her full lips, made for kisses, were just kissing my lips. My hands tangled in her silky hair, pulled her face even closer. Our e breath Mingled and merged together when the tongue gently ran over her lower lip, holding between his teeth, , sent an electrical pulse.

She let out a shallow sigh, parting her lips a little. I seized the moment, penetrating my tongue inside. I slowly explored her inner mouth, caressing her cheeks, running her tongue over her teeth, touching her palate, lowering her tongue to the top of her tongue.

The air ended too fast for our lungs, we pulled back, but not far enough, our lips were still connected to each other.

I could not believe my luck, kissed her face, hearing from her sweet the chuckle. I would like to continue to kiss further if the dream was a reality.

But the dream ended on a pleasant note, leaving sediment of desire in my heated loins.

Woke up with a fast pounding heart, burning cheeks and panting.

***

After another such busy month, I realized that I was about to reveal all my secrets. I deprive myself of the opportunity to be closer to Katarina. And I could not allow this, so when my father once again invited me to go with him to the city, I immediately agreed.

-Are you sure you are coming with me? Do not change your mind, as at that time - my father asked, stringing poultry meat on a fork, bringing it to his mouth during lunch.

-No, father, I want to go there. I haven’t been there for a long time, it’s time to visit my girlfriends already.

- Girlfriends? But you still have one partner friends there. I have never heard from you, the word "girlfriend" for all the time we lived there. Or I don’t know something - he turned to his wife, mother of DaHyun.

- Only about two girls, you know them, dear, these are the daughter of the Countess de Im - wiping her lips with a napkin, said the viscounts de`Kim .

- Ah, dear children of the Countess de Im, I remember, I remember - he smiled at the memory of two mocking girls who did not give passage to him, his wife, or anyone else in their house. - For a long time we have not seen them, I suppose they have already grown, turned into beautiful ladies.

“While you are busy with government affairs, I will visit them,” I suggested, setting aside the plate, putting the fork and knife, next to it, I put the napkin in the same place.

“It's a great idea, okay, then tomorrow, as soon as dawn arrives, we leave,” my father ordered, getting up from the table, thereby noting that lunch had come to an end.

***

Early in the morning a messenger from Viscount de`Kim rode up to the estate of Viscount de Saun . The letter was addressed to his daughter. The governess, who arrived at Miss Katarina’s bedroom, knocked on the door, and after the invitation came in. Katerina was still lying in her bed, stretching sweetly. Today, again, as in the following days, she had planned a walk with Miss de`Kim. She was looking forward to meeting her friend.

She asked to wake her up, not light, not dawn, in order to have time to prepare a picnic basket. The girl wanted to surprise Miss de`Kim with her culinary masterpiece. She imagined DaHyun's expression, a broad smile, the one that closed her eyes in the crescent. Her light blush that adorned her fair skin on her cheeks. From this sight alone, my heart sank, and I wanted to smile and laugh myself.

“Miss Katarina, letter to you from Miss de`Kim .”

“What are you waiting for, come on faster,” Katarina jumped up in bed, throwing back the blankets, extended her hand to take the letter.

She quickly unfolded it, gently cutting the envelope to the side, began to read, admiring the beautiful handwriting:

“My dear, Katarina,

I hasten to inform that our meeting for today is canceled.

I'm leaving with my father in the city, on urgent matters.

Things will last until the end of this week, maybe a little longer.

I hope you are not too upset.

I promise to write to you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

With sincere and respect, your friend Miss DaHyun . "

 

Cases?” She had not said anything about them before. Why so urgent? Did something serious happen? No, nothing serious could happen. Then father would know. So today the walk is canceled? Sorry, so sorry. "

An unclear sediment of sadness remained in my heart. And he has multiplied since the day Miss DaHyun sent the first letter. Katarina did not notice after herself, but with whom she was close, they noted how much the girl had changed after the departure of miss de`Kim .

***

Once, at a meeting with Miss O 'M uw , alleged mistress said, sitting next to the girl:

- Had you fallen in love with Miss de`Kim?

She then was indignant, looking back at her:

- I love only you!

Miss O`Miyu was not taken aback; she still looked at the girl calmly, asking the following question:

-You love me, I know, but are you in love with me?

Miss Katarina, with a hitch, but answered:

- Of course, in love!

Miss O`Miyu , hesitated, her voice trembled a little, but the smile remained the same, softly affectionate:

“You fell in love with Miss de`Kim, just like I fell in love with Miss Hirai .” And we both know this very well, we were only afraid to voice it out loud.

- Mina ...

- We hide behind our feelings - said Miss Mina, until she had the audacity - maybe now we have enough of hiding and say everything in the open? Recently, our meetings take place at the mention of these two people. We are only talking about them, not about us. About them. Maybe, let’s take our hearts and let’s tell the truth at least once? - After a pause, she added gently, wiping away the tears that came out from Katarina's beautiful eyes. “My truth is that I'm in love with Miss Momo. And your truth, Katarina?

- I miss Miss DaHyun so much! She never wrote to me again, and I don’t know what happened to her! My letters do not reach the addressee, and my father always says that everything is fine. If all is well, why not write to me?!

***

“Dear Miss Katarina, forgive me for not writing as I promised, there were circumstances. I inform you that our affairs are delayed for another week. I can’t say more, but know one thing, I really miss you. It's certainly fun here, but not like it is with you. I won’t say that Nayeon didn’t try to make me laugh, every time I came to her, but ... Well, not about that now. I really missed our picnic rides. I hope to repeat them as I return. Your faithful friend Miss DaHyun. "

 

Miss DaHyun , come soon. I'm waiting for you.

Who is Miss Nayeon? You never told me about her.

Is she my replacement? (this word is crossed out several times)

I'm waiting for you, I'm bored without you.

You’re Katarina. "

After sending the letter, it re the same day with the inscription "never disturb again".

Katarina did not understand what the matter was. Why, the letters that she receives from DaHyun are saturated with tenderness and love, and when she writes, then in response to rudeness and alienation.

What is really going on?

**

The subsequent letters were the same, Katarina could only wait for DaHyun to return to find out.