Two

Garden maze

Garden, I immediately noticed it, as soon as we entered the land of Viscount de`Son estate. Apparently, the owner of the estate studied the landscapes of foreign gardens well, because one of such labyrinths met here. The labyrinth garden is specially built so that no one can see what is happening inside. As I recall from the well-read, there should be benches and a small fountain inside each labyrinth. This is done so that a lost person can quench their thirst and relax before moving on. In addition, each path of this labyrinth was lit by at least one lantern.

-Don't be afraid, I know him like five fingers, - Katarina assured me, leading me to the beginning of the maze.

- Why should I be afraid, this is just another incredible adventure? Moreover, in my company there is such a charMina young lady, - I said gallantly, squeezing her palm with my hand.

I saw a shade of embarrassment appear through the swarthy skin, and I saw her half-smile.

Ah, have I really been so lucky!

***

Her palm was warm, her walk was light, almost airy, her aroma filled all my lungs. We walked quietly and slowly. We do not need empty conversations, all that is needed is just to listen to the whispers of our hearts, and they themselves will find a common language. The first stopping point was after several turns, she first sat on the bench, and then I sat next to me.

-From the first minute, I realized that I could trust you, Miss DaHyun. I have few friends here, and those who come to my house, they are flattering and envious. It becomes difficult for me to hide ... - without finishing it; she turned and looked at me. She moved closer, leaned over and whispered: “I know that you will not judge me, therefore I will trust you with one secret that keeps my heart.”

Honestly, I paid little attention to her words then, that it was her proximity that bothered me, her lips that almost touched my ear and her hot breath. If I had the right, I could kiss her for a long time, take hold of her lips, her tongue, and feel the first caress of our languages. I almost clung to the edge of the bench to hold on and not do something serious.

- I fell in love with a girl, and we kissed twice - I finally heard the words, and all my dreams were shattered, their fragments lay under her feet. - Miss DaHyun, are you all right? You suddenly turned pale! - Her warm palm touched my forehead, held to her cheek and for some reason remained there. I did not find the courage to abandon such affection.

-I'm fine, Miss Katarina, don't worry. In addition, this is the normal color of my skin - I tried to make a joke, and received a loud laugh from the girl. - So, who is your chosen one? I know her?

- Thank God, I already thought that I was mistaken on your account - putting that hand that was on my cheek to my chest, Katarina breathed out, smiling faintly at me. - Now I have a girlfriend with whom I can share the most intimate things, - she rejoiced, laying her head on my shoulder. I gently her hair, inhaling her strawberry flavor, collecting the fragments of my dreams, smiled tightly, said:

-You can tell absolutely everything to me, and if I know her, I will definitely help.

- True? Then the promise is the same for me, - she said, taking one of my hands and holding together our secret little finger-promise.

***

That evening, Katarina did not tell me anything, because the time allotted in the garden-maze exhausted itself and they began to call us. When we said goodbye, Katarina suggested to my families:

-Miss DaHyun, don’t forget, you’re going on a picnic with me tomorrow...

-A picnic? Father raised an eyebrow, putting his hand on my shoulder. I'm glad you made friends with Katarina so quickly. So I was right when I said that you would like it.

-Yes, I did not think you would be right, father. - Katarina is an interesting girl; I would like to continue to communicate with her.

- I'm so glad to hear that, finally, Katerina will have a girlfriend. After we moved here from the capital, she spent the whole hour moping. But now…

- Father!

- Ha-ha-ha, I am silent, I am silent - peacefully waved his hands in front of him, hugged his wife, said the Viscount de`Son .

- Miss DaHyun, come here in the morning, we will go together.

All the way to the house, I never ceased to wonder: Do I have a chance to outweigh the love of a friend in the love of my girlfriend?

I immediately understood that I fell in love as soon as my hands touched her waist and my nose felt the aroma of strawberries.

***

Arriving home, dressed in home clothes, I went down to my father’s library, climbed into a chair, wrapped myself in a blanket, took the book I had left and began to read. Reading always reassured me, I delved into new stories that gave my brain a rest and absorb interesting information.

Turning page by page, I thoughtlessly looked at the printed letters, not understanding anything from the text written by the author. All my thoughts were consumed by a girl named Katarina. She fascinated me, I wanted to know everything about her.

Tomorrow at a picnic I will meet my rival.

Tomorrow I will watch their game.

Tomorrow my ears will hear their quivering whispers.

So today I have to work out, more control my emotions.

***

The next morning, when the maid woke me, I was ready for the next battle.

-Miss, will you go on a picnic in this suit?

- My child, is it really you? - Mom gasped as I went down the stairs.

-Still, you decided to become a real lady? - smiled a satisfied father.

I was flattered by the way my family and servants reacted, all the same, not in vain so much time, spent in front of the mirror, choosing the outfit for today's picnic. Whoever my rival is, I will make her understand who she is dealing with.

The one for whom I tried so hard did not say anything, did not even look in my direction when I arrived at their estate. From her lovely mouth came the words only that:

“I'm sure you will like her.” Miss O`Miyu cannot but like. She is such a sweet and sophisticated, fragile creature, just an angel.

Until the place where the picnic was supposed to take place, I already hated this girl. I was disgusted to hear the name of the one who stole my heart Katerina.

I became uncomfortable with a suit, or rather a dress with a corset, which I wore. It seemed to me that with every step the corset pressed even further into my waist. And new shoes stung from all sides, rubbing my feet. Why did I put on this stupid hat, it does not decorate me at all, on the contrary spoils it? It's just not me, my fake mask.

***

The picnic place was excellent, it was surrounded by trees on all sides, and beautiful flowers grew in the meadow. All fragrant and pleasantly warmed the sun. Almost all the secular ladies I met on Katerina's birthday were present at the picnic. Their sonorous laughter scattered across the clearing, voiced a melody in my heart. Someone was sitting on the bedspread and playing cards, someone was reading, leaning against a tree trunk, someone was playing badminton.

I vigilantly followed Katerina’s gaze, and did not miss the moment when a genuine feeling of love fell in her eyes.

Angel.

Reality has won. Before me sat an angel in the flesh, a very beautiful, refined girl. The perfect lady.

I lost the battle, but not the war.

-Nice to meet you, Miss O`Miyu, - she smiled, amiably holding out her hand to shake.

- Hello, miss de`Kim. Have you decided to attend our meeting today? - The black-haired girl in a small hat on her side smiled sweetly. Her hand was so gentle and light that I only squeezed a little for greeting. “You have not been seen all these days, Miss de Kim.”

-Actually, I only learned yesterday from Miss de`Son that such a pleasant event is planned this morning - sitting down next to Katarina , adjusting my and her dress to cover our ankles.

-Thank you, dear, - the girl smiled gratefully, taking my breath away with her dimple on her cheek. - Yes, I invited Miss de Kim yesterday to join the meeting today - returning to the interrupted conversation, said Katarina, looking directly into Miss O`Miyu's eyes.

-How good you came up with this, Miss de`Son. The more people, the more fun. Let me introduce you all, Miss O`Miyu suggested, without taking her eyes off Katerina.

I was hurt by the fact that I saw their fingers touching on the bedspread. I watched Katerina's index finger gently Miss O`Miyu's finger. And how a blush appeared on their cheeks.