Chapter 2

One Heart for Love (EXO KAI/ Xu Kai Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am going to kill him. 
 

Kris Wu, our CEO, just appproved the preliminary plans for our projected and Kai, Xu Kai, has decided to go missing.  I had been tapping away at my computer for the last couple of hours and had not heard where that brat went.  Okay, so maybe calling him a brat is unfair.  He cannot have people working for him and not be respectable or capable.

 

“Where the hell is he?” I muttered under my breath as I shuffled some of the papers on my desk looking for my reference files.  A bunch of papers slid off the desk and flutterred down the floor. Sighing loudly, I got up and padded on my stockinged feet to the other side of the desk to pick up the mess.  I heard the door of my office swing open while I still had my back turned and presumed it was my secretary who entered.  

 

“Daxi, I told you to go home.  You don’t need to wait for me.  Just lock up when you leave.” Admonishing her does not always work.  She think I work too much and is determined to get me hooked up with someone here is China.  

 

“Where the hell did page 45 go?” Talking to myself is a bad habit.  

 

“Here.” 

 

I screamed and bumped my head under the desk in surprise when a large hand waves the missing page under my nose.  I ended up sitting on my looking up at the bemused Face of Xu Kai.

 

“Where the hell were you?” “Are you okay” we spoke at the same time. I glared back at him in response.  His lips twitched but he wisely backed off.

 

“Would you like to get up or should I ....?” He extended his hand down to help me up to my feet.  I just realized I am sitting on the floor inelegantly while he is towering over me barely able to suppress his lips from smiling.  I muttered thanks under my breath and took the proferred hand to stand up.  

 

“Where did you go?  Didn’t we agree to finish the report on data collected before we finish the day?  You can’t just leave me…” I was taken aback by his sudden smile.  What’s this fool smiling about now?

 

“I promise I Will never leave you again without telling you where I am going.  You have to promise the same thing though.”  Kai rubbed his thumb on my hand which I just realized he is still holding.  I tried to yank it out of his grasp but he held on tight. “Promise me first” he was looking at me rather enigmatically.  I am not really sure what he wants but I will promise him the moon if he will just let go.

 

“Okay.” I replied and yanked my hand away, walking back to my chair.  I tapped my foot around to find my heels.  My feet had been hurting.  The new pair were y and does wonders for my figure, boosts my height by a few inches but I still can’t come anywhere near Kai’s height. 

 

“Sorry Love.  I didn’t abandon you I swear.  I had to call Seoul HQ for some files to be emailed and dissmiss my own staff.  Here.  This should complete the missing part of that report.  Kris will not kill us if we don’t turn in our report tomorrow.  We have a couple more days.  We only need to combined these two report and were done for the first quarter of our project.”  He slid a small USB device across the desk. 

 

I looked at it, then back at his face.  I hate to admit it but I am so glad he finished his half of the report.  I am tired and my entire body hurts.  I need a good long soak at my tub tonight.  Wordlessly, I grab the USB and swept it into my desk drawer, looked it and shoved my phone and the keys into my purse. I stood up ready to leave.

 

“Good night, Mr. Xu.  I will see you tomorrow.”  I stood up and walked to the door.  I felt him walking right behind me.  I reached for the switch on the wall to turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter