Chapter 4

One Heart for Love (EXO KAI/ Xu Kai Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

It’s crazy.  A few months ago, I am constantly irritated by this man.  Now Xu Kai has his head on my lap reading a book while I gaze at the fireplace.  We are alone here and he seems happy and content.  The Notting Hill vibes of this scenario is just mind boggling.

 

“When are you taking me home?” My leg is going numb under his head and I really need to use the bathroom.  I didn’t want to break the silence.  It worries me that he might ask a question I am not prepared to answer right now.

 

He looked up in surprise.  Putting down his book on the coffee table, Kai promptly sat up and asked, “Is something wrong?  I thought perhaps we could stay here for the weekend?  You don’t have to worry that I will ask for anything other than your company.  There’s a couple of rooms for you to choose from.  It might not be big but they’re clean and cozy.”

 

How can I tell him that this is probably not a good idea.  I still barely grasped that we are now actually dating and here he is pushing for more.  All I could do was look at him half-pleading and half in dismay.  

 

His eyes clouded briefly when he saw my expression.  Bowing his head and sighing loudly, he stood up and walked to the window.  Every line on his body was screaming displeasure.

 

“I promised you I will wait until you are ready for me.  I am keeping that promise.  Don’t make me wait too long.” He mumbled while raking his fingers thru his hair.  I moved quickly to the bathroom and closed the door softly.  I knew I looked like a mouse running for it’s life while being chased by a cat.  I am scared.  My last relationship ended badly and until now the scars in my heart are not fully healed.  This is crazy.  Dating again this soon is crazy.

 

I took my time inside the bathroom.  Mostly to buy time to calm down.  Trembling slightly, I opened the door a crack and saw Kai le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter