Chapter 3

One Heart for Love (EXO KAI/ Xu Kai Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” Kai unfolded himself from the chair and walked over to where I was rooted.

 

“Coffee?” He waived his mug under my nose.  It smelled like heaven. I cupped it with both hands and he carefully placed it in my grasp.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked him, stealing a quick glance at him while I sipped the bitter brew.  Blech.  

 

“Waiting for you.” He shook a packet of sweetener and tore it open.  He pulled me closer to him and poured the contents into the mug.  He magically had a spoon and stirred the brew before pushing back the mug for me to sip.  Better.

 

“How did you get in?” I grumbled as I sat down on the chair opposite the one he left.  

 

“You told me last night.  But I never left anyway.  I slept here.” He replied as he got another mug of coffee.

 

“What??????”  I shrieked at him in disbelief.  He looks fresh.  Where the hell did he get clothes and a shower?

 

“You looked so out of it last night.  I didn’t want to leave you alone.  So I stayed and slept on the couch.” He just shrugged like it’s no big deal.

 

“Who told you to stay?  And if you already went home to get changed, why did you not ring the bell before you came in?” 

 

“First, i repeat, I never left except to get my clothes out of the car trunk.  One thing you should start keeping in mind now, overtime and long hours are inevitable in this company.  I always keep a set of clothes in my car just in case.  Second,  you asked me to stay last night.”  He looked at me deadpan.  

 

“Why would I ask you to stay ?”  I shook my head.  Kai pushed a plate of bacon towards me. I nibbled at it.

 

“I don’t know.  You passed out before I could ask.”  He stared at the bacon that I wasn’t eating then frowned at me.

 

“That’s the only thing you have in your fridge.  I couldn’t really make you any breakfast.  Aren’t you hungry?”  Why the heck is he pouting now?

 

“Not really .....besides I don’t know How long that bacon has been there.” I sighed rubbing my temples.

 

“Why don’t you go shower and I will get breakfast? Okay if I come back?” Kai was already shrugging on his coat while he was talking.

 

“Why would you come back?” I followed him to the door automatically.  

 

“So we could go to work?” He replied hesitantly.  I was distracted by the twisted collar of his shirt.  I fixed it under his coat.  I’ve done this countless number of times with Jongin/Kai.

 

“I told you, I have the company’s chaffeur picking me up.” I told him while I fixed his lapels.

 

“I’m already here.  We’re going the same place.  Why not Go with me?” He frowned at me.  I stared back at him trying to gauge his mood and thought process.

 

“I still need to shower and put on make up.....” why is he smiling again?

 

“I’ll buy us breakfast then.  Go ahead and get ready for work.”  He pushed me gently towards my bedroom.

 

“Well, if you can wait for me, then sure.  Thanks for the lift.”  I mumbled.  Not sure How I ended up agreeing with him.

 

“I’ll wait until you are ready for me.” Kai stood staring at the closed bedroom door for another minute before leaving to find breakfast.

 

 

Our arrival together at work in the same car caused a minor flurry of activities and phone calls in the grapevine.  I didn’t care.  Neither does Kai apparently.

 

We both dived head first to our currently work project.  Xu Kai was impressive.  He got things done faster than I could.  He was constantly in various meetings and phone calls.  When he is not in my Office that is.  

 

Everyday he would ring my doorbell in the morning with break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter