Chapter 1

One Heart for Love (EXO KAI/ Xu Kai Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

Once again, I am left sneaking quick glances at Kai as he tapped intermittently on his keyboard.  His brows were furrowed in concentration as he squinted at the small font on his laptop.  He’s ignoring me deliberately.  On the other side of the room, the other Kai was smirking.  I’m ignoring him.  I take pride in my intelligence, quick wit and no nonsense attitude.  But exactly how I got to this point in my life eludes me.

 

I sighed loudly, pushing the worn out swivel chair I sat away from the desk.  Kai #1 a.k.a. Kim Jongin finally looked up to glare. Not at me but at Kai # 2 a.k.a. Xu Kai.  This is going to be a long day. I left them together to run quickly to the bathroom.  I have nowhere else to run.  It’s all my fault.  Why did I date two guys with the same name?

 

Just to be clear.  I wasn’t dating both of them at the same time.  I dated Kim Jongin first on and off for two years.  Our busy work schedules and his jealous tendencies lead to our last fight and we eventually broke up.  I was up for promotion but I had been delaying it since it meant relocating to our company branch in China.  I didn’t want to sacrifice my relationship with KAI/Jongin for my career.  A week after we broke up, I saw him kissing Jenny.  I accepted the promotion and left with a broken heart.  

 

Xu Kai was a constant thorn on my side as soon as I transferred to China.  His laidback, cheerful attitude irritated me.  He’s tall, handsome, and oozing charm.  Females colleagues of all ages constantly find excuses to flirt with him.  I had my back him the first time he was introduced to me.  As soon as I heard the name Kai I turned around and wrapped my arms  around him. 

 

“Hello. Nice to meet you too sweetheart.  You might want to let go.  HR keep telling me this is actually considered ual harassment” he chuckled. He smiled at me.  I wanted to cry.  He is not my Kai.

 

“I’m sorry.  Please forgive me.  I thought you were someone else.”  I apologized quickly before sticking out my hand for a more formal handshake.

 

“No worries. You can hug me anytime.  Just make sure Huang Zi Tao is not around.  He’ll go straight to Kris and tell on you.” He winked at our mutual colleague that made the introductions.  Tao just rolled his eyes and handed me a file folder.

 

“Here, Kris asked me to give this to you.  You and Kai can collaborate on the presentation f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter