Obstacle

Christmas Companion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong stared at her wardrobe for an hour. " I can just pick anything damn it."

Tonight will be their dinner. A double date dinner to be exact. In fact Chorong almost cancelled it when Naeun reminded her of the good restaurant she's been suggesting to Chorong.

Chorong hadn't seen Bomi since that night. But Bomi called her asking her if she would fetch her or they will go with their own cars.

Chorong chose the latter. Cause Bomi doesn't need to pretend anymore. She will introduce her to Naeun and Eunji as a friend.

Bomi's indirect rejection is still a fresh wound to her and continuing to this pretention won't do anything good to her.

She would just crave for something more. Or worst she might forced herself to Bomi again despite of the circumstances.

Well, Bomi didn't actually reject her. It's just hard for her to accept that the girl doesn't want something that she wanted.

She arrived on the restaurant ten minutes earlier than their agreed time and she's surprised when she noticed that Naeun and Eunji are already there as she saw Eunji's car on the parking lot.

In a few second, she saw Bomi's car heading to her direction. The girl parked the car next to hers.

Chorong was stunned when Bomi went out of the car. She could say that Bomi prepared for this wearing a simple dress and a light make up that suits her well. It's her first time seeing Bomi's hair down. Bomi used to put in a messy bun before.

"Bomi." Chorong called and Bomi immediately walked towards her.

"Hey. Are they here?" the younger girl asked.

"Yes. They're already inside. Uhm let's go?" Chorong lead the way and Bomi followed her silently.

When Bomi managed to walk beside her, the girl interlocked their hands together that Chorong had to remind herself that it's just for pretending.

She pulled away which earned a confused look from the younger girl.

"Just be yourself. You don't have to pretend anymore." Chorong simply stated as they entered the restaurant.

The waiter guided them into Naeun and Eunji's table. The couple are sitting beside each other so Chorong and Bomi headed towards the opposite.

Before they could even sit properly... Eunji yelled.

"Bbomeeh?!!!"

It immediately caught everyone's attention that Chorong had to apologize to them.

"Hey, loud mouth... You see, we're not the only costumer here." Naeun squeezed Eunji's cheeks till it hurts.

"Naeun ah." Eunji whined. "Coincidence is scary right?"

Both Chorong and Naeun were giving her that confused look.

"We're dormmates during college days. Yah. Yoon Bomi say something. Don't pretend you don't know me."

Bomi's laughter filled their table and Chorong was surprised on how unfamiliar that side of Bomi is to her.

"You're embarassing, I don't know you." Bomi whispered. "Can't believe you got your long time crush. Hard work really paid off huh."

Eunji's cheeks reddened with Bomi's teasing.

"And you got her bestfriend. I guess destiny really have its own way."

And with the two girls already glaring at them, they decided to introduced each other formally.

Chorong started it. "Uhm Naeun ah. Eunji ah. This is Bomi, my..." Chorong stopped for a few second. "friend. And Bomi this is Naeun, my bestfriend and Eunji, her girlfriend."

Bomi was confused for a moment. Didn't they have plan for this? Aren't they supposed to pretend that they are together?

"And as I have said. Bomi is my college dormmate. She's a wonderful dormmate actually."

"Yeah. Cause I used to cooked for you cause you don't know how to." Bomi countered and when she met Naeun's eyes, she smiled sweetly. "Nice meeting you Naeun."

"Nice meeting you too uhmm."

"Unnie. She's an unnie for you too. We're same age friends." Eunji chimed in.

Before anyone could speak again, the waiter approached them for their orders.

"Ahh everything looks delicious. I don't know what to choose." Eunji said.

"Do you have any recommendations?" Chorong asked to the waiter politely.

In the end, they had pasta and milkshakes. Then a chocolate cake for their dessert.

Too much sugar.

Bomi didn't get the chance to ask Chorong but it seems like the girl just woke up one day and decided to be honest with her friends.

Naeun broke the awkward silence on their table.

"Uhm I don't mean to break this but unnie, is she the special someone you're talking about?"

"There's really no someone. I met Bomi during their campaign about their Christmas gift giving project."

"So you mean if you didn't meet Bomi unnie then..."

"I probably cancelled this dinner or came here alone."

"But why did you bring her? Aren't you two dating?"

"No." Chorong and Bomi answered at the same time.

Bomi felt an unfamiliar pain on her heart. Why does it seems like she felt disappointment?

"Bomi is supposed to pretend as my girlfriend for me to introduce to both of you but I know you two will find out that since you know me well." Chorong added.

"I don't think so." Eunji answered. "You're kind of Bomi type so you can fool me that she courted you. And I don't think you won't fall to her charms."

Bomi blushed with Eunji's statement meanwhile Chorong is a bit confused. Why does it seem like the Bomi that Eunji knew and the Bomi today is totally different person? Did what happened really affect Bomi that she'd changed a lot?

"Anyway how's the charity Bbom? It's a pity I failed to join you this year. Me and Naeun spent our holiday in Taiwan together with her family."

"It's okay. Thank you for your donations anyway. It helped a lot." Bomi answered genuinely.

Chorong was just silently listening to the conversation. Eventually if she didn't meet Bomi, there's a chance that she will meet her since they have mutual friend which is Eunji.

The foods were served and they busied themselves eating with an occasionally conversation with random things.

"What a great dinner." Bomi commented. "I think I have another favorite restaurant now."

"The lasagna is really good. Plus the chocolate cake, it's not too sweet. I love it." Naeun said.

"But no one will beat Bbom's cooking skills. Eyy I miss your foods. It's been years." Eunji said all of a sudden.

"I thought you said Chorong unnie's food is the best that you ever tasted." Naeun countered immediately and Eunji felt the staring dagger that Chorong is now sending her.

"Ahh that's true. Her macaroni vegetable soup, the best." Bomi even made an thumbs up hand sign that made Chorong blushed.

The more she spend time with Bomi,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter