Help?

Christmas Companion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey it's a salt and not a creamer. Are you planning to kill me?" Hayoung exclaimed when she saw Bomi about to out salt on her coffee.

"Sorry. I'm too lost on my thoughts." Bomi apologized and put the proper creamer.

"Chorong unnie talked to me about our project. She's willing to help us." Hayoung shared. Bomi then handed the coffee to her and make a hot chocolate for herself.

"Who is this Chorong again?" Bomi asked.

"The girl I was talking to earlier... The one who approached you."

"Ah that girl." Bomi said flatly.

"She's kind of nice you know. She volunteered to share our charity project to her company for fundraising. She got my number to contact me if it went well." Hayoung shared again although Bomi doesn't seem interested. "She's pretty and kind right?"

Bomi's ears rang with Hayoung's description. "Kind? Nope. Pretty? Well she's okay."

Hayoung stopped stirring her coffee and faced Bomi. "Okay? She's so attractive and cute at the same time unnie! Did you hear her cute voice? I don't need to point out that she has a nice body right... Imagine those abs behind that blouse."

"Stop. I saw her okay. No need to point out anything." Bomi looked at Hayoung suspiciously. "Are you interested on her?"

"Hell yes!! But I'm more interested on her for you. She's beautiful right? Your type?" Hayoung asked.

"Personality is more important for me than looks Hayoung. And her personality seriously ." Bomi finished her hot chocolate and went to the sink to wash it. Hayoung followed her.

"Why are you so mad at her? Did she do something wrong?"

"Didn't I tell you how she pointed out that she's wealthy? That she can give the same donations of all the donations combined that day?"

"Unnie. You misinterpret it. She's just trying to impress you."

"Well, it's clear that I'm not impressed" Bomi almost broke the mug she's holding due to irritation. "Don't be fooled by her kindness. She has an ulterior motive."

Bomi went back to the living room, opening her notepad and started counting the donations and listing it.

"She wants to rent you. She told me that the moment she saw you." this time Hayoung sat in front of Bomi smirking playfully and Bomi got more irritated. "It's just for a day unnie. Why don't you give it a try?"

"NO! that . Trust me she's an evil behind that angelic face."

"She won't kill you, you know." Hayoung reasoned out.

"I'm not up for her games.

Hayoung glanced at Bomi was now busy on computing their supposed to be expenses for their yearly charity. They usually have 400 sets of grocery package but this year, they only managed to have 120 sets. Bomi was upset about it because there's a lot of families expecting for it but she knew she won't be able to provide for them all.

"Chorong unnie volunteered to help for our charity project even if you're not yet agreeing..."

"Yeah... That kind of person will use money to get something she wanted..." Bomi looked at Hayoung... And her eyes screams disappointment. "Too predictable."

Bomi checked her collections again, the chance of getting their target set is too minimal even if she will add their income for their rent a companion fundraising project. She released a heavy sigh. Their target city got affected by an unexpected typhoon last month. That's why she's eager to help them as she could.

"What if she just wanted to help too... Unnie First impression is sometimes wrong."

Bomi just kept quiet. This conversation with Hayoung somehow made her upset. She wondered what had become of her. She was never irritated to a certain person without a reason or a reasonable one.

Maybe it's the way how Chorong approached her. Just as she began thinking about Chorong's favor that brought her into this depressing point of her life. Hayoung's voice drifted in that brought her back to reality, away from her private thoughts.

"What is it again?"

"Our rent a companion project is a success and we earned a lot on it. There's a lot of people who donated cash. And Namjoo unnie donated too, she seek funds from her restaurant. Isn't it amazing?" Hayoung bursted into laughter by looking at Bomi.

"Hey. Earth to Bomi unnie."

"Ahh yeah that's... Great."

"The money is enough for approximately 200 more sets. We're going to settle it tomorrow since we only had few days before the event." Hayoung stated before leaving.

Bomi listed everything Hayoung stated. So they have 120 sets plus 200 sets...

Not bad. Atleast they could still help them.

The next day was a busy day for Bomi and Hayoung... They were on a small warehouse together with the volunteers and served as a companion on their project and also their other close friends to arrange the grocery packages. One set includes uncooked rice, instant noodles, canned goods, milk, basic medicines, basic condiments, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and many other basic necessities.

They were on the break and Bomi was just checking the list of the families that they will help. The list is more than 500 families and Bomi couldn't help but to feel worried for those who will failed to get one.

A wave of sadness swept over Bomi as she thought about it. It seems like her plan didn't turned out the way she wanted it to and she looked away.

"Unnie. There are people outside looking for you." Hayoung called. The girl is holding a bread and soda on left and right hand. Bomi chuckled and at the same time feel grateful to Hayoung for all of this.

She walked outside to entertain them and she saw four men outside and two big trucks.

"Anything to help you?"

"Ahh. This is a delivery for Yoon Bomi. Where will we put these?" one man asked as he opened the truck.

Bomi's jaw dropped when she saw a lot of boxes of groceries on that truck. On the other truck was sacks of rice and the other grocery items.

"May I know who send those?" Bomi asked. Before the man could even answer, a cute voice interupted them.

"There are few boxes on my car too. Do you have some people to help me with that?"

Bomi was stunned for a moment and managed to bring herself back when Hayoung joined them.

"I already called some people to help you with these. And oh Hi Chorong unnie." She waved to Chorong like they were close friends.

Bomi ignored Chorong and proceeded to entertain the truck drivers and other men who helped in transferring the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter