Chapter 4

Ardor

Dongwan woke up refreshed feeling for the first time in a long time. So it seemed. He realized he was alone in his bed. He let out a sigh and heard the toilet flush. He looked towards the bathroom door and watched as Minwoo came out, “You’re here...”

 

Minwoo walked over to the bed and held out his hand, “Of course I am…”

 

Dongwan took his hand, “About last night…”

 

Minwoo slowly got onto the bed next to him, not letting go of his hand, “Yea?”

 

“W-Why?” Dongwan blushed as his friend got close.

 

“Why what?” MInwoo asked curiously as he put his free arm around his friend’s shoulders.

 

“Why do you like me?” Dongwan asked quietly.

 

“What is there not to like?” Minwoo let go of his hand and put it on his friend’s chest, “You have a good heart…”

 

Dongwan blushed as Minwoo continued, “You’re handsome. Funny.” He leaned in closer to whisper in his friend’s ear, “And so much more…” He rubbed his chest lightly.

 

Dongwan grabbed the hand rubbing his chest and held it, “Since when?”

 

“Since the dorm days…” Minwoo said softly, “I was so confused…” He let go of his friend completely, “I thought what I felt was wrong so I suppressed it the best I could…”

 

Dongwan looked at him with a frown, “So all those girlfriends?”

 

“They were just a front...I used them to forget you…” Minwoo confessed sadly.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me before? I mean…” Dongwan frowned thinking back to how he had felt.

 

“It wasn’t right…” Minwoo took his friend’s hand again, “I didn’t want to scare you off…”

 

Dongwan swallowed the lump in his throat as he intertwined their fingers, “You wouldn’t have...I mean...these last few weeks...with you coming to me...I...liked it…”

 

Minwoo smiled, “Really? And when I hold you?”

 

Dongwan stared at their hands, “I like it…” He sighed, “I was shocked last night...when you told me.” He frowned some, “I guess maybe I have had some feelings too...” He looked up at his friend, “I’m just unsure what to feel…”

 

Minwoo smiled at him sweetly, “It is very confusing, huh?” His friend nodded and he pulled him close, “We’ll work through it…”

 

Dongwan blushed and leaned against him. Minwoo smiled to himself as he pulled his friend back and kissed him lightly. He slowly got off the bed, leaving his friend in a daze, “I need to get going…”

 

Dongwan reached out to him, “W-What?”

 

Minwoo grabbed his friend’s hand, “I need to go home and freshen up.”

 

“Oh…” Dongwan nodded, understanding.

 

“I think Eric wants us over to go over wedding stuff…” Minwoo squeezed his hand.

 

“Alright…” Dongwan let go of his hand, “I’ll see you then…”

 

Minwoo smiled, “That you will.”

 


 

Dongwan sat in Eric’s house at the dining table waiting. The rest of the guys but Minwoo were there. They were discussing random stuff, but Dongwan just thought about Minwoo. Where was he? He said he’d be there. 

 

Junjin tapped Dongwan on the shoulder, “Hey Wan…”

 

Dongwan blinked and looked over at him, “Yes?”

 

“Minwoo called...” Junjin grinned a bit.

 

Dongwan narrowed his eyes not liking the grin, “Ok?”

 

Junjin glanced at the others who were busy in conversation, “He told me what had changed…”

 

Dongwan’s eyes widen in shock. He didn’t think Minwoo would go and tell people. He looked down at the table, a bit ashamed Junjin noticed this and put his hand on the other man’s shoulder, “I think it’s great…”

 

Dongwan looked at him, “R-Really?”

 

Junjin smiled and nodded, “Yep.”

 

Dongwan noticed everyone was quiet and was staring at him. They all knew? Why would Minwoo advertise it? He just blushed nervously and looked away, “I…”

 

“He was just excited…” Eric spoke this time, “He didn’t mean to tell everyone...he only told us as a group.” 

 

Dongwan looked at him, “But…”

 

“He was just happy you didn’t push him away.” Eric said as he glanced at the others, “He was afraid to lose your friendship…”

 

“I would never…” Dongwan frowned.

 

“We know but he wasn’t sure…” Eric leaned back in his chair, “I wish he would have told you before torturing himself…”

 

Torturing? Struggling with feelings. Dongwan sighed and rubbed his hands together nervously, “I still don’t know what to feel…”

 

“Which is perfectly fine.” Junjin put his hand on top of Dongwan’s, “We’re just glad this didn’t destroy your friendship…”

 

Not in his wildest dreams would he ever destroy a friendship over feelings. Minwoo was his best friend and he hated to see him upset.  Dongwan looked at the guys, “Where is he anyways?”

 

“Running late.” Eric said as he crossed his arms, “He better not be late to my wedding.”

 

Hyesung laughed, “Only person that might be late is you.”

 

Eric punched him lightly in the arm, “Shut up.”

 

Everyone laughed but Dongwan who was lost in his thoughts. Everyone in the group knew and was fine with it.  Which was great but what exactly did he feel? He liked Minwoo holding him and the kiss. The kiss! His face turned red as he remembered. Junjin poked Dongwan, “You alright?”

 

Dongwan nodded and watched as Minwoo finally arrived. Eric gave him grief for being late. Minwoo took a free seat next to Hyesung and glanced at Dongwan. He smiled at him and Eric started the meeting, discussing wedding stuff. Dongwan half listened as he stared at his friend, admiring him. They went over what exactly was going down in the wedding. Making sure they had tuxedos and everything else needed. Once they were done Eric stood up, “Alright...now that is out of the way.” He looked around at them all, “Everyone go home and rest up. My wedding is tomorrow!”

 

Dongwan drove himself home, knowing that Minwoo wasn’t too far behind. When he arrived home Minwoo pulled up. He waited for his friend to come to the door, “Hey.”

 

Dongwan smiled a bit and let him in, “Hey…” They went inside and Dongwan closed the door.

 

“So...I assume they told you.” Minwoo asked quietly.

 

“Yea…” Dongwan turned to look at him, “I’m a little shocked...”

 

Minwoo grabbed his friend’s hands, “Well we were always close…”

 

“I know...but now…” He sighed, “It’s different...because my mind is fuzzy…”

 

“Fuzzy, how?”

 

“It’s like…” Dongwan huffed a bit, trying his best to explain, “One part of me says go for it. The other...says its a bad idea…”

 

Minwoo frowned and let go of his hands, “Why would it be a bad idea to be with me?”

 

“I...I guess I’m just worried…” Dongwan shrugged, “Worried what people might think…”

 

“Been there, done that.” Minwoo grinned, “It can weigh you down and you’ll never be happy if you fight it.”

 

Dongwan looked at him and frowned. Minwoo had been fighting with himself this entire time and yet still put on a happy face. Dongwan walked into the living room, “What will my mother think?”

 

Minwoo followed him onto the couch, “You know she wants you to be happy…”

 

Dongwan looked at him, “I know but…”

 

Minwoo put his hand on his friend’s thigh, “Do I make you happy?”

 

Dongwan looked away, blushing a bit, “Well...yea…”

 

“I think she would approve…” Minwoo said softly, “I wouldn’t worry about her…I mean the guy’s accept us...”

 

Dongwan nodded looking down at his hand. Minwoo rubbed his thigh a bit, “Now you just need to accept us…”

 

Dongwan looked over at him, and grabbed his friend’s hand that was on his thigh, “I do…”

 

Minwoo grinned and leaned over and kissed him. Dongwan’s heart seemed to jump for joy.

 

It was the right thing to do...to be with Minwoo.