Chapter 1

Ardor

They were just friends. So what had changed? Dongwan wasn’t all too clear on what was going on. His friend had a girlfriend so why did he keep coming to him? It was all to strange yet Dongwan liked it. He liked being wanted. Especially by his friend.

 

“We’re Shinhwa!” The group cheered as they waved their goodbyes to a sold out crowd.

 

They went back stage and started removing mic packs from their waists. Dongwan handed it off to a PA and stretched his back. He watched as his friend came over with a grin on his face. A grin that meant trouble, “Hey Wan, we’re gonna go celebrate. You’re coming...right?”

 

Dongwan smiled, “Of course!”

 

His friend let out a sigh of relief, “Good.” He got closer to him, “I need to talk to you…after though...”

 

Dongwan swallowed the lump in his throat, “O-Ok?”

 

His friend laughed and patted him on the shoulder, “Lets get wasted!”

 

Dongwan watched him walk away to join the others. Talk to him about what exactly? He wondered about it while he got changed and packed in a van with the rest of the group. They were chatting about how great the show went and their plans for a vacation. Dongwan’s mind was somewhere else. What did his friend want to talk about? Why be so suspicious? 

 

They arrived at a club and got into the VIP lounge. They ordered a round of drinks and celebrated another perfect concert. Dongwan sat next to his friend and downed his drink, still thinking about what was going to happen afterwards. 

 

“Minwoo…” Eric spoke up, “Did your lady come to the show?”

 

Minwoo shook his head as his hand landed on Dongwan’s thigh, “She hasn’t gone to any of them...I don’t think she likes the crowd.”

 

“That’s a shame.” Eric said as he looked over at Andy, “When are you getting a girlfriend?”

 

Andy laughed, “I’m too young to have one!”

 

Dongwan glanced down at the hand on his thigh, he looked over to his friend. Minwoo looked at him with a grin, “What’s wrong?”

 

Dongwan shook his head, “N-Nothing…” He looked away at his empty glass. Everyone talked about not having a girlfriend and it made him upset. Minwoo had a girlfriend who had no interest in Shinhwa, so why was he with her? Why would his friend keep coming to him to talk about her and get advice? As if he was an expert in relationships?

 

Eric bought the group another round of drinks. Minwoo and Junjin left to go dancing with their new found energy. Eric took a sip of his drink, “So Wan…”

 

Dongwan looked up from his glass, “What?”

 

“You’ve been quiet.” Eric stated, “Is everything alright?”

 

Dongwan nodded and smiled a bit, “Yea, I’m fine. Just tired…”

 

Eric grinned, “You didn’t chime in about having a lady…”

 

“I’m too busy to have a relationship.” Dongwan frowned slightly.

 

“Minwoo is busy and has time?” 

 

“I’m not like him.” Dongwan took a drink, “I'd rather focus on one thing at a time...and having a relationship isn’t one right now.”

 

“But…” Eric started.

 

“Why are you grilling him?” Hyesung spoke up, “He isn’t interested...so leave him be…”

 

Eric glanced at him and sighed, “Sorry. Just with a wedding in my future I want everyone to be happy…”

 

Andy aww’ed as Hyesung laughed at them. Dongwan smiled sadly and watched as the other two men came back from dancing. Minwoo sat down next to Dongwan, “What’s so funny?”

 

“Eric is being gushy.” Andy laughed.

 

Everyone started to discuss more as Dongwan just listened quietly. He watched Minwoo from the corner of his eye, wondering if he was truly happy with his girlfriend. Minwoo kept coming to him throughout the night after rehearsal to talk about her. Sometimes straight up complaining about she doesn’t have any interest in Shinhwa and what he does.

 

They got back to the hotel and went into their respective rooms. All except Minwoo who followed Dongwan to his. Once inside Dongwan took off his shoes and watched his friend do the same. Minwoo helped himself to the bed and sat down on it. Dongwan just stood there watching the man extend his hand out. Dongwan took it, hesitating, “What did you want to talk about?”

 

Minwoo intertwined their fingers, “I…” He let out a short sigh as he thought to himself for a moment, “Can I hold you?”

 

Dongwan blinked, “Hold me?”

 

Minwoo just nodded and waited for permission. Dongwan shrugged a bit, “Sure?”

 

Minwoo pulled him onto the bed, laying him down on his back. He wrapped his arms around his waist as he laid next to him. He pulled him closer and closed his eyes. Dongwan blushed as he just laid there even more confused. Minwoo just laid there with his friend in his arms keeping his eyes closed. 

 

Dongwan was unsure what to do next so he just closed his eyes, feeling his friend squeeze him tighter. What was going on? Why was his friend acting so strange? Was he drunk?

 

He noticed Minwoo’s breathing started to slow down. He had fallen asleep with Dongwan in his arms. Not wanting to disturbed his friend, Dongwan just remained laying next to him. He forced himself to give into sleep.