Prospects

The Distinct Attraction [COMPLETED]
**NO ONE’S POV**

You were sitting beside Jung Su as you talk about your decision of spending your summer vacation back in Seoul. You really wanted to go but Geun Seuk’s decision bothers you so much. He doesn’t want to go and wanted just to stay in Chongcheongbok. Half of your mind wants to stay but half of it just really wants to go home and see those people whom you did not see for a while.

“What is it, ________? I need your answer. I’ll go back to Seoul this evening” Your brother looks at you. You can’t decide now. You do not want to leave Geun Seuk too. You do not know why but you cannot imagine yourself without him this whole summer.
“Mianhae, oppa. Can I stay here for the summer?” You replied. Jung Su sighed deeply and he understood what you meant by staying. He smiled at you.
“________-ah... I know you are a strong girl now. But you are still my baby sister. Take care of yourself, ok?” You hugged him and he hugs you tighter.
“Thank you, oppa”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s time for Jung Su to leave Chungcheongbeok and you and Geun Seuk escorted him at the doorstep. You smiled at your brother before he went in to the car. He honked one last time before he leaves the house. You waved as a goodbye. You put down your hand and you turned to Geun Seuk. You caught him staring at you. You pouted and said.

“What?”
“Why didn’t you go with your brother?”
“What?” You said to Geun Seuk again as you try to think of another excuse to give him.
“Yah!... Aisht... sometimes I think you’re stupid as a rat!” You glared at him and he walked away. You followed him as you talked back.
“What the hell! Comparing me to a rat is not really fair!” Yah! Jang Geun Seuk!” You shouted as the both of you entered the house and you closed the door behind you. You were about to go to your room when Geun Seuk called you from the living room, standing just beside the sofa.

“Caramel-girl...” he called, his back facing you.
“What is it again?!” You retorted, pissed off. He turned to you.
“Come with me.” You looked at him puzzled.
“Where?”
“Just come with me.”

He turns away and started walking. You went down of the stairs and followed him. Geun Seuk went inside her mom’s room on the right part of the living room. He opened it and you stopped. “Yah! What are we going to do in there?”
“Don’t worry. I’ll not do something to you, if that’s what you mean”
“IT’S NOT WHAT I MEAN, idiot!” You shouted back and Geun Seuk grinned.

You followed him inside. And inside his mom’s room is a big door just beside her bed. You continue to follow Geun Seuk and when he opened the door, you saw a piano on the center of the room. The room was painted white and the light give the room a comfortable aura. You smiled as you continue to look around at the room.

“Waaaaaah! This room’s amazing” you said animatedly. Geun Seuk sits in front of the piano and started playing the keys. The first melody was sad. He sang, you were surprised on how he sang the song. It seems like he knew the song well and know how to deliver it with feelings of his own. You approached him and sat beside him. You listen to him eagerly as you move your body together with the song.

Maldo obshi sarangeul algae hago
Maldo obshi sarangeul naegae jugo
Sumgeol hana jo cha nol dam gaehae no kho
Ee rokhae do mang ga ni ka
Maldo obshi sarang ee nareul ddona
Maldo obshi sarangee na reul bo ryeo
Museun maleun halji damun eebi
Hon ja so nollan gotgata

He stopped playing and you smiled. “Wah... That song is beautiful. Did you make it?” He did not answer. You continue to talk. “I guess Hae Yoon really hurt you in the past and yet you still learn to love her, huh. Geun Seuk-ah... You are really kind.” You looked at him and smiled at him faintly. Saying those words really hurt you but you do not want Geun Seuk to know. He was staring at you and then he stood up, heading for the door without any reply to your sincere comment. You gazed at him as he walked away. You stood up, he’s being disrespectful, you think.

“Yah!” you called and stopped from turning the doorknob. He stood still in front of the door. “Geun Seuk-ah! Why are you doing this?! I am being sincere and all you can do is being too awkward!” You shouted.
“I cannot believe it!” He shouted back. You knew he was really angry but you do not know why. He keeps his back away from you.
“Are you angry at me?! Geun Seuk-ah?! Aisht....”
“It’s because you are always acting like a stupid brat who do not know anything. I am tired of you being like this! ___________-ah?!” He turned to you. His eyes were serious. “That song is something that I made for someone special... More special than Hae Yoon!” He left you there after he said those words. You sat back on the piano’s seat.

*More special than Hae Yoon?* you said to yourself. You do not understand. *So he got angry because I got the wrong idea? Then who is that special person? Not Hae Yoon?! Then why did he confesses to Hae Yoon if Hae Yoon is not special for him?!*

You shook your head. You can’t get a clue.

**____________’S POV**

*Could it be that special someone is his mother?* I continued to ask myself. I covered my face with the pillow. I was rolling on my bed, the thought about Geun Seuk’s special someone bugs me a lot and why did he get angry at me all of a sudden. I jerked up. *really can’t get it!* I could hear myself shout. Then I lay down again. It’s late at night and I felt really tired. I decided to rest and before I knew it, it was already morning.

I went down the stairs and saw Geun Seuk on the dining table, eating breakfast. *Oh yeah! My brother already left, huh?* I suddenly remembered. I appraoched Geun Seuk at the table and he did not looked at me. I pouted.

“Sorry about yesterday”
“So, did you get what I mean?” He leaned his back on the chair comfortably and turned to me.
“I did not mean to say it’s for Hae Yoon. I just think it is” I bowed. He stood up and walked away, passing me by. “Finish the song for your mother before she comes back!” I showed him a thumbs up and he looked back at me, he was angry again.
“Yah!?!?!” He shouted and looked at me from head to foot before he went on his way. I put my hand down and was really surprised on his reaction.

*Aisht! Grumpy Jang Geun Seuk!*

Then I heard him opened the house’s door. I checked on him and he completely left the house. He is really angry, I think. I sighed deeply and I went back to the kitchen to get some cereal.

**JANG GEUN SEUK’S POV**

I do not want to put off this pretentious act of me and Hae Yoon. I couldn’t bear to keep my feelings forever. I couldn’t keep of thinking about Hong Ki’s feelings about ___________, too. I wanted to tell _______ how I feel but I am scared that if I don’t this I might lose her, doing this will make Hae Yoon’s hatred to _________ grow even more. But there is nothing else I can do. I want to end this before it’s too late. The outcome of my deed will endanger _________’s life but I will protect her no matter what.

I went inside the restaurant where Hae Yoon was waiting. She waved at me, smiling. I went to our seat and she already ordered individual smoothies for the two of us.

“What is it Geun Seuk-ah?” she asked me smiling.
“I want a break-up” I bluntly said.
“What?!” She shrieked. I did not answer. “Geun Seuk-ah... Do you know the deal is still on. Do you want your special friend to get hurt?!” She continued.
“I do not know why you are doing this. But I already decided that I must end this crazy act of yours. I cannot allow anymore of this.” I looked at her. Her eyes were so angry. She sighed deeply.
“So you don’t care if _______-ah might get hurt?”
“You are using _______-ah to get me.”
“But I mean it!”
“I know that...”
“Then why are you doing this?!”
“Because it’s much easier to protect the one you love than to continue to pretend loving someone out of fear” I said continuously. She shook her head as if she doesn’t believe what I told her.
“So you love her?”
“Do I need to answer that question from you? Hae Yoon-ah, you are nothing to me now” I stood up and did not wait for her to explain further. I walked away.
“Geun Seuk-ah!” she shouted, from there, I know she was crying. She maybe loves me but I don’t love her now. I hated my old self because of her but ______-ah managed to understand that self I already forgotten.

I drove my way back to the house. I entered the house but it was empty. I tried to check on ________-ah but she’s nowhere to be found. *Where the hell could that girl be?*

**____________’S POV**

It was boring inside the house so I decided to go to that nearby park with see-saws and swings. It was empty. I sat on one of the swings started to cradle myself slowly as I hold on the chains. I was humming together with the song on my ipod as I was wearing my headphones so that I could enjoy my alone time. It will be good to have some company though. My eyes were closed and I was bobbing my head together with the fast song on my ipod.

After a moment, my serene time got distracted by someone who snatched my headphones away from my ears from my behind. I opened my eyes and I looked behind me. I glare at the person.

“Oh... This is cool. Super Junior’s Bonamana?” He asked me, smiling as he wears my headphones.
“Yah!” I grab my headphones away from him and he laughed. I turn my back away from him and put my headphones around my neck. I turn of my Ipod and he sat on the vacant swing beside me.

“What are you doing here, alone?” Hong Ki asked me.
“I think Geun Seuk went on a date. So it will be boring to stay inside the house” I sighed deeply.
“Really?! Oh that ! I’m supposed to return his notes that I borrowed”
“Why don’t you give that to me and I’ll return those to him for you” I insisted.
“Oh thanks!” He gave me the notebooks and I put it on the ground just beside my swing. There is a silence. I was looking at the sunset when Hong Ki started speaking.

“Are you okay?” He asked me.
“Oh yeah. Why?”
“No... I mean... About Hae Yoon and Geun Seuk. Are you okay about it, now?”
“Oh that...” I put my head down. “I could cope with it. Hahah! Just give me a little more time” I told him. My heart was racing because of that sudden question. I do not know if I could really cope up but I know someday I will because I have to.
“_______-ah... I want to tell you something” I turned to him. He seems so serious. I smiled.
“What is it?” He coughed. It seems like he’s nervous.
“Remember the time asked you about a friend falling in love with you?” Then I tried to recall and I nod
“What about it?” I smiled again.
“_________-ah....”
“Caramel-girl!” Someone called me and I turn to the voice’s direction. It was Geun Seuk.
“Ah! Geun Seuk! You’re back!” I stood up and grab the notebooks from the ground. Hong Ki stood up, too and bowed. I looked at Geun Seuk. He was glaring at Hong Ki which I do not know why. He suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him. We were now facing Hong Ki. I looked at both of them as Hong Ki grinned at him and Geun Seuk just glared.

“Come on, Caramel-girl. Let’s go home” he told me. I looked at him and he turned his back away from Hong Ki. I bowed before Hong Ki and he smiled. “Caramel-girl!” He exclaimed with his big voice.
“Ah! Yes!” Geun Seuk walked away and I tailed behind him. Not looking back.

“Geun Seuk!” Hong Ki called. Geun Seuk stopped walking but did not face Hong Ki. I stopped too and look at Hong Ki.
“You came at the right time” He smiled. I looked at Geun Seuk and he did not reply. Instead, he walked away. I bowed one last time and followed Geun Seuk again as I hug his pile of notes.