Resentment and Decisions

The Distinct Attraction [COMPLETED]
**NO ONE’S POV**

It is the final day of school before the summer vacation. You changed in to your uniform and observed yourself in front of the mirror. You were fixing your hair and you noticed how long your hair grew specially your bangs. You smiled and remembered the hair pin Geun Seuk gave you. You opened your drawer and you took a small box from it where you put the pair of hair pins. You opened the box and grab a single pin from it and put the box back on the drawer. You put it on the side of your hair, keeping your bangs from covering your eyes. You realized how much you changed after you moved to Geun Seuk’s home. You suddenly went back to your girly side again, you were in a lot of fights before but you became friends with those enemies you had. You don’t even looked like a guy anymore after your hair grew a little longer. You do not know if you are happy with these changes, especially that you have fallen in love again to the guy that is different from you.

You shook your head and went out of the room and travel the stairs. You saw Geun Seuk at sofa, while wearing his shoes as you go out the door, you faced him but he’s not looking at you.

“Yah! Mr. Love” You teased. He did not look at you. You bit the lower part of your lip and pouted, “Thank you for yesterday, for taking care of me at the clinic. Sorry if you missed our algebra exams because of me” You bowed, but still, he continued to ignore you. You sighed deeply and went out of the house.

Geun Seuk stopped the thing he’s doing when you left the house. He looked at the part where you were a while ago, he sighed deeply. *I cannot believe I am feeling this way towards that girl*

He stood up, grabs his bag from the sofa and went out of the house, too.

**JANG GEUN SEUK’S POV**

I went inside our room and saw Hong Ki and ________ at the far end of the room. She was looking at window while her hands support her chin. He turned to me and she smiled. *Wait... Is she wearing the hair pin I gave her?* She looked really cute. Yeah, she is cute, I know, but she always like guy and I didn’t even notice how cuter she could be if she wears something girly like that. Then, she turned her head away from me, staring at the sky again.

“Yo!” Hong Ki tap my shoulder and I looked at him, stopping me from staring at _________. “That’s nothing compared on that night” Hong Ki told me. I narrowed my eye, I do not understand.
“What?” I asked.
“That night on the party, Gahd, she’s super cute” he told me as he shook his head. I pushed his hand away from my shoulder. He looked at me and he laughed. I sat on my chair and recalled what was _______’s wearing that night on the party when I saw her on the rain. My mind’s slowly going back to that night. Then I remember her sitting on the bench, her back facing me. She was wearing that brown vest and skirt with a brown legging. I gritted my teeth. I did notice that, I just notice her face while she cries under that rain. She really is cute; moreover she is soaked wet in there, what’s more if she’s not. I sighed deeply.
“Yah... Have thought about the things I told you yesterday?” Hong Ki told me softly. I did not answer for a while.
“I guess you are right. But I couldn’t risk _______’s safety just because someone likes me. I mean she’s not at fault here”
“I understand what you mean. But if this goes on, don’t you think, it will be more risky? I mean, when this goes on, Hae Yoon will be more selfish, her, knowing that you and ________ lives together under one roof will bring her to hate ________ more when the time comes or maybe your life’s privacy might be invaded too.”

I did not answer. Hong Ki’s right. I do not want that. Maybe I should do something about this after all. I do not care now how me and ________ will end up. I just need to protect _______. After all, this is what I really feel for her after all, I love Park ________.

**_________’S POV**

It was our lunch break when I saw a pile of student looking at the bulletin board. I was so curious that I went in front of the bulletin board to check, too. It was the list of students who is included in the school’s top 10 after the midterms. It was for the whole Senior high school. I tried to get in to the crowd and by the time I did, the name on the top of the list made my jaw dropped. -1. Park ____________-

*What?!* I did not expect that I did this again. Yeah, I know I should be used to this by now after Shinhwa but hell, this is a new school and the genius _________ is still here. I thought I became stupid after all those fights. I sighed, deeply; this is a bit boring for me. Then, I heard Hong Ki behind me. “Woah... It seems you’ve beaten our Jang Geun Seuk on the rankings, this year.” Hong Ki smiled at me. Then I looked at the list again. I saw Geun Seuk’s name after mine. He ended up second. Then I searched Hong Ki’s name on the list. He was number 10. My eyes widened.

“Hong Ki-yah!!!!” I turned to him and hugged him all of a sudden. I was so happy. He could keep his studies and can play basketball at the same time too. I let go, smiling at him. “You made it to the top ten!”
“Yeah...” he looked down, shyly. I giggled.
“Good eh?” he nods.
“It’s all because of you, _________-ah...”
“What?! Nahh... of course you have out in a lot of effort, too you know.” I told him. “Ja, let’s go to the canteen and celebrate” I grab his wrist and drag him with me to the canteen.
**LEE HONG KI’S POV**

___________ hugged me all of a sudden, I was so surprised that I wasn’t able to hug her back, it was my chance! I am happy that I made it to the top ten; I was also surprised that I did that. All I wanted was to pass but I ended up in the position. I guess _________ inspires me a lot. She was holding my wrist as she pulls me to the canteen. We sat in front of each other and _______ stares at me. I pouted.

“What?” She smiled weirdly.
“Food...” she told. I eyed her, I am getting what she means.
“You!” I shouted. He laughed.
“Because you passed the exam you need to buy me food” she teased me.
“Aisht... okay! okay!” I nod and stood up and head for the counter.

I went back to our table and saw ________ yawning. I out her food in front of her and she smiled. “Wah! This looks delicious!”
“Are you okay? Are you feeling tired?” I asked her as I sat in front her. She shook her head.

Then I saw Choo Hee approaching us, smiling. I waved to her and she sat beside ________. ________ looks at her and smiled.

“Choo Hee –yah!” she said, excitedly and Choo Hee bowed towards her. She hugged her in a moment and let go. “Sorry about Geun Seuk... That jerk already has a girlfriend. I am sorry, I cannot help you anymore.”

Choo Hee smiled at her and replied. “It’s ok ________-ah, I already moved on. After all, he likes someone that deserves him more.”
“Yeah... I guess you are, right” She replied sadly as she plays with her food using her chopsticks.

Choo Hee and I looked at each other without ________ knowing. We understand each other, I understand that Choo Hee know what Geun Seuk’s really feel. I smiled and she smiled too.

“Anyway guys, I have to go. I just saw you both eating here and decided to give you guys a visit”
“You’re not eating?” ________-ah asked her. Choo Hee shook her head and stood up.
“See you guys later!” She waved and we waved back. She walked away and turned to _______-ah who was eating her food. I saw Geun Seuk behind her, looking at us as he holds his tray of food. I know he wants to join us but beside him is Hae Yoon who was glaring at me. Hae Yoon called Geun Seuk’s attention and he turned to her, I saw him nod. They sat on the table nearby. He keeps on looking at us without Hae Yoon noticing. An idea came in to my mind.

“_________-ah!” I called to her. She turned to me as she chews her food. “Ahhhhhhhhhh!” I said, opening my mouth wide.
“What?” She pouted. I pointed my mouth. I wanted her to give me some of her food. “Why will I do that?!... Aisht..!”

He put kimchi on my mouth, I smiled and chew. “Thank you” I laughed.
“Whatever, you are weird!” She smiled and we looked at each other and smiled again. I looked at Geun Seuk, he was glaring at me. I smiled, teasing him. He rolled his eyes away from me.

We finished our food and went straight to the classroom. Geun Seuk was sitting on her seat and ________-ah went back her seat too. I sat beside Geun Seuk too. He’s not talking to me and continued to ignore me.

“Now... Can you see all those possibilities if you can’t decide on what you are going to do. Geun Seuk-ah... If I continue to see ________-ah hurting. I’ll confess”
“I thought you’re being smart, Hong Ki-yah.” He turned to me. “Aren’t you being selfish if you do that?”
“Are you jealous?”
“I am! Keep your darn hands away from ______... I’ll do what I have to do before you could do anything”

He stood up and went out of the room. I grinned. It’s a good thing he realized what he needs to do. The confess thing, is just a decoy but someday I’ll confess to her. Even though I know she’ll reject me, I’ll accept it. I turned to ______-ah and she was reading her book. *If you only knew how much he loves you, you’ll not have to suffer like this, ________-ah.*