Chapter 4: More Pictures, More Confessions

Stolen Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One school night, Yujin follows Minju home. It’s really a mystery to her in where Minju lives as of the moment. She worries a lot about Minju because it seems like no one in her friend group knows where she’s staying nor if the family she’s staying with is treating her right.

They follow Minju as she walks in an exclusive neighborhood in Gangnam. Yena and Hyewon, who are with Yujin can’t help but gasps as they passed by the extravagant houses. Yujin however remains focused at the sigh of Minju. 

5 minutes more and Minju stops and enters the gate code this 3-storey house. Yena and Hyewon’s eyes bulged out as they see how expensive the house seems to be. It was huge and heavily secured, it’s as if the family living there is really rich.

“Could it be that Minju is really suffering in the hands of these rich people?” Yujin cries.

“Yujin look!” 

Yena points out the family sign attached on the wall.

“It says, Lee Family,” Hyewon reads.

“Lee Family?” Yujin repeats.

“Yeah,” Hyewon tells her.

“Yujin look, Kim Chaewon is coming here!” 

Yujin glances at Chaewon who’s walking while reading a book, making her oblivious towards her environment. The three ran to hide behind another establishment across the street. They watch as Chaewon does the same thing Minju did. She entered the passcode and walks inside.

“Kim Chaewon and Kim Minju lives in the same house?!” Yena gasps.

“But the family sign says Lee?” Hyewon questions.

Yujin is quiet and drops on her knees as she processes the fact that Minju and Chaewon have been living together all along.

The next day, Minju and her friends are chatting when Yujin stormed inside the room. All three of them, including half of the class looked at her. She looked bothered and is nearly about to cry. 

“Yujin are you okay?” Minju worriedly asks her.

Yujin decides to ignore her question to drop another bomb. She grips both of Minju’s arms and shakes her lightly.

“Minju why didn’t you tell me you’ve been living with Kim Chaewon all along?!” Yujin asks.

Minju awkwardly chuckles and takes her arms away from Yujin. By now, everyone in their class is listening on the conversation.

“I think you might have mistaken the situation. It’s impossible for me to be living with Chaewon-ssi!” Minju croaks.

“But Hyewon and Yena were there too, we saw you go inside her house!” Yujin exclaims.

“I’ve been living with the Lee’s, you see, Chaewon-ssi is a Kim?” Minju reasons out.

Yujin nods her head slowly and is about to accept the fact that maybe she assumed wrong. Yuri on the other hand is nowhere near letting this valuable information slip.

“But didn’t Kim Chaewon’s mother remarried the president of that famous toy company, Lee Eunhyuk is his name right?” Yuri wonders.

Minju’s eyes widen.

“H-how did you know that?”

“Oh the Lee’s have been really famous in the media. They’re really well-off and good genes run in the family,” Yuri responds.

“So you are living with Chaewon!” Yujin says.

Yujin shakes Minju for the second time. Minju tries her best to defend herself. Although because of the ruckus Yujin’s been doing her bag flung. It landed on the floor and all of her stuff scattered on the ground. Nako picks it up and sees an envelope. “Good luck charm” was written on it. Being the curious person she is, she opens it.

“Wait look at this!” Nako announces. 

Everyone’s attention was transferred to her. Nako flips the content of the envelope for everyone to see. It’s Minju first time seeing it too, even she is taken aback. It’s a picture of her and Chaewon sitting across the table in her room, both of them are asleep. She blushes after realizing that Hyoyeon may have taken this herself.

“Wow, you two have the chemistry,” Yuri comments.

“No, no it’s no like that!”

“This is the reason you got into the Top 100 huh? Kim Chaewon tutored you,” Nako grimaces.

“Hey I also studied on my own will!” Minju frowns. “But dear classmates, you need to understand that this is just a misunderstanding. Chaewon-ssi hates me and that’s why we’ll never be together so please keep this a secret,” Minju grins.

It’s as if Minju’s pleas were ignored because when lunch time came the next day. Minju and Chaewon are in the middle of another rumor. Nako and Yuri spread the picture of the two all over the school for everyone to see. There were posters and flyers. Students made sure to look and stare at Minju each time they pass by her.

As Minju was going to stop her friends from spreading anymore of the picture, Chaewon passed. She looks annoyed and pissed. 

“Chaewon-ssi!” Minju calls.

Chaewon looks at her in spite. 

“Who the hell did this?” Chaewon asks her.

“M-my friends might have taken the picture your mom gave me,” Minju answers.

Minju’s fidgeting with her fingers and doesn’t really know what else to say to Chaewon. 

“You might be happy right now because you like me but this is such a burden for me. Leave me alone! You’ve already done so much damage in my life!” Chaewon says. 

Chaewon faced her back on Minju and rushes upstairs. Minju is left all by herself again, frowning on the situation. That day, Minju came home feeling down. She skipped dinner and stayed in her room instead.

Minju opens the particular drawer where she hid the confession letter she had for Chaewon along with the picture Hyoyeon took. She stares at it for a while. She rereads every word she wrote on it and felt the sadness loomed over her. Chaewon thinks she’s a burden. Due to tiredness and low mood, Minju unknowingly fell asleep on her desk.

“Mom says the bath is ready,” Chaewon calls.

Chaewon entered the room when Minju didn’t reply. 

“Mom says the bath---” 

Chaewon stops midway when she saw that Minju is already asleep. She steps closer and notices the familiar envelope that Minju showed her when she confessed. It’s open and the letter lay above it. Chaewon takes the letter in her hand and begins to read it.

Dear Chaewon-ssi,

I’m Kim Minju from Class 3-6. You may not know me but I know you. I’ve fallen for you the first time I saw you speak during the opening ceremony when we were still freshmen.  You looked so confident and cool. I couldn’t help myself to fall for you. 

I’m not forcing you to like me or anything. I just really want you to know how much I like you.

Signed,

Kim Minju

Chaewon grins after reading it but she puts i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter