Chapter 1: Love at First Meteor

Stolen Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tomorrow's the biggest day for Minju. Tomorrow she will confess. Tomorrow's the day she will tell Kim Chaewon that she likes her ever since the day that she gave the opening speech back in their freshmen year. 

 

Minju stands in front of her small window and watches three meteors pass the sky. Minju smiles and blushes as she thinks of ways that Kim Chaewon would reciprocate her feelings after she gives the letter tomorrow. She can't wait to finally be with Chaewon.

 

Tomorrow came and Minju's determined she will give the confession letter to Chaewon no matter what. She came to school early and waited at the school gate. She came too early though as no other students are in sight. Minju didn't bother and instead stood behind the bicycle rack where she could perfectly wait for Chaewon to come. 

 

Time passed and it didn't take long before students came flocking in. Each is with their friends but Minju pays them no attention. Her heart races when finally, the student she's been waiting for nears the school gate. Minju steps out of her cramped space and straightens out her uniform. She holds the letter with her shaky hands. With her head down, she trudges to face Chaewon.

 

She only stopped when she saw Chaewon's perfectly shiny shoes. 

 

"Who are you?"

 

It sounded so vile and cold yet to Minju it sounded like music and every good sound there could be. Minju raises her head and is welcomed by the sight of Chaewon looking at her.

 

"I'm Kim Minju from Class 3-6 and I have this letter. Please read it."

 

Chaewon eyes the letter in Minju's hand. 

 

"I don't want to."

 

Chaewon slings her bag over her shoulder and walks past her. On her way, her shoulder hit Minju's waiting hand causing the letter to fly away from her. With Chaewon leaving like that, Minju can hear a piece of her heart break. She thinks about the effort she put into writing and composing that letter only for Chaewon, the person she adores the most, to ignore it completely.

 

Someone confessing and getting rejected in front of the school gate is a rare event for Pyeonghae High School and rumors about it spread like wildfire in a withering forest. Minju can never imagine she'll hear from people the words "Minju" and "Chaewon" in one sentence. Not only that, but everyone is talking about it.

 

Minju passes by the hallway and two of her friends are already there. Yuri and Nako took each of Minju's side. They slowly walk as the gossip continues.

 

"Are the rumors true?" Yuri asks eagerly.

 

"Yes," Minju answers defeatedly.

 

"You really confessed to Chaewon-ssi!?" Yuri screams in surprise.

 

"Can you please quiet down!" Minju hushes her.

 

"What in the world are you thinking? Kim Chaewon is the top student. The one who aced the mock SAT in the whole nation. The gold medalist of the tennis club. The princess of Class 3-1. The Miss Everything. Kim Minju, I'm your friend but even I think it's impossible for you to have a chance with Chaewon-ssi," Nako states.

 

Minju dreams of Chaewon with all her good qualities but the thought that remains is the one from their first day of school. She remembers the time that Chaewon stepped on stage exuding great charisma especially since it's rare for women in their school to be able to speak in front of the whole student body. She didn't seem nervous or scared she was just free.

 

"My mother had once taught me that the blossoming of flowers is a symbol of a wonderful new beginning. I hope in our new school year together we can have a wonderful time and spend the next three years of our lives forming good memories."

 

Then Chaewon smiled and the world stopped moving for Minju. Right at that moment, Minju knows who she wants to spend the rest of her life with and it's no other than the girl speaking in front of her.

 

"Earth to Kim Minju!" 

 

Nako's screaming brought Minju back to reality.

 

"Why do you speak as if I did such an abominable act?" Minju asks.

 

"Minju-ah, we are from Class 3-6. The last section there is. Do you know why it's like that? Because we perform the worst in the whole school. People like us should never even step in a room with goddesses like Chaewon-ssi," Nako says.

 

"Hey! It's not like I never try to be in the same class as Chaewon-ssi. I'm really trying hard to be in her class one day. One day I'll be in Class 3-1 with her," Minju says with passion.

 

Nako and Yuri looks at each other as if Minju just said the most impossible thing. 

 

"Minju-ah, you know how to count right?" Yuri asks.

 

Minju nods.

 

"Do you know how far 6 from 1 is?"

 

Minju let out her fingers and began counting.

 

"1… 2… 3... 4… 5… 6!" 

 

"What you're aiming for is impossible!" Yuri says.

 

"IMPOSSIBLE!" Nako emphasizes.

 

Minju pouts as she thinks about what her friends just said.

 

"Anyway, are you really moving to your new house this weekend?" Yuri asks.

 

"Yep, the moving truck even came this morning to pick up our furniture."

 

"Wow! I can't believe that you are finally going to live in a big house!" Nako says in awe.

 

"Me too," Minju giggles.

 

The trio entered the room with giggles. 

 

"Minju my dear! Is it true that you've been rejected?!" Yujin welcomes them.

 

Nako and Yuri rolls their eyes at the sight of Yujin cuddling Minju in her arms.

 

"Don't you worry I prepared you food to forget about that arrogant brat from Class 3-1."

 

Yujin pulled Minju into her seat and showed her the lunch box she had made just for her. 

 

"Wow! This is great Yujin!" Minju says and her eyes widen at the sight of the yummy food in front of her.

 

"Go on my dear, I've made it just for you!"

 

Yujin sat in front of Minju like a love struck puppy and stares at her while she eats.

 

Minju forgets everything about Chaewon for a moment as she spends some time with her friends. Until Sunday came and the most unexpected thing in her life is about to happen.

 

Yujin along with two of her friends and Nako and Yuri came to help them unpack. They started the day early and by the time they were done, everyone was exhausted.

 

"Is everything out?" Minju's father asked them.

 

"Yes Uncle!" Yujin answers eagerly. 

 

She's trying her best to make a good impression and has been carrying the heaviest boxes earlier. 

 

"That's great!" Minju's father says.

 

Minju came to her father's side and hugged him.

 

"We finally have our own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter