Chapter 3: Love Exam

Stolen Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minju jumped out of her bed, the picture of Chaewon still in her hand. She safely kept it in her bag and proceeded into getting changed. She went downstairs and this time, Hyoyeon isn't alone. Sakura is helping her make breakfast.

"Good morning!" Minju greeted.

"Good morning to you too Minju-ssi!" Sakura greets back.

Sakura's whipping some cream while Hyoyeon is cooking eggs. They both seemed to be busy cooking so Minju volunteered to set the table.

"I should set the table," Minju grins.

"That would be great!" Hyoyeon says.

Minju starts getting plates from the cupboard. It didn't take her that much time to set the table for eight people. Just like yesterday Eunhyuk was the first to come down for the Lee's and then followed by her daughters.

Soon, the table was filled and everyone sat down. Minju begins eating her breakfast but she can't help staring at Chaewon's face. She imagines her wearing the masculine clothing like she did when she was young. She couldn't help herself giggle.

"Weirdo," Chaeryeong mutters.

Minju's giggles got everyone's attention, even Chaewon who never cared about the people at the table. Heechul looks at her with concern.

"Minguri are you okay?" Heechul asks.

"I--- I'm okay, I just thought of something," Minju grins.

Minju let out a giggle again as she remembered Chaewon in masculine clothes. Hyoyeon is smiling at her, obviously amused. Chaewon on the other hand stopped giving her attention when she opened to speak.

"Thank you for the food, I'm going."

Chaewon stands up leaving the newspaper on top of the table. Minju stares at her and is quick to finish her eggs to follow after her. Like yesterday, Chaewon didn't bother waiting for Minju but the latter trailed behind her.

In school, Yujin welcomes Minju with a bread she baked. 

"Freshly baked bread for my one and only love!" 

Yujin presents the bread and Minju gasps at the smell of it.

"This is great Yujin!" She says, smiling.

"That's because I'm the greatest!" Yujin proudly says. "By the way, are you sure you're okay?" Yujin asks.

Minju frowns and looks at Yujin.

"Why won't I be okay?" Minju asks.

She takes a piece of bread and pops it into . Yuri and Nako who are hovering behind her followed after. 

"It's just that you've been acting weird. Is the family you're staying with treating you right?" Yujin asks.

Minju stops and thoughts about how nice Sakura and Hyoyeon have been to her. Eunhyuk treats her like a daughter while Chaeyeon treats her like a younger sister. It's just Chaewon and Chaeryeong who doesn't care about her.

"The Lee's has been great to me!" Minju beams.

"Kim Minju."

Minju flicks her head towards the door. Chaewon is there with a distressed look. She has her bag in her hands.

"Kim Minju-ssi can you come out with your bag?" Chaewon said.

Minju doesn't think twice and gets her bag.

"Bag? Why would she need my bag?" Minju thinks out loud until she meets Chaewon.

Chaewon leads her out of the building and they hid behind a tree. Chaewon takes a lunch box from her bag. It's pink with flowers and everything like that. Minju looks inside her bag and a neatly wrapped lunchbox with plain black cloth is in it.

"The people in my class know I hate this. If they've seen me with it, I would have been subjected to another rumor," Chaewon says, annoyed.

"Mrs. Lee might have mismatched it," Minju grins.

"You're such a bothersome," Chaewon says.

Chaewon takes her lunchbox from Minju's bag and placed Minju's into hers. 

"Sorry," Minju mutters.

Chaewon closes her bag and is planning to leave.

"Chaewon-ssi wait!" Minju calls.

"You don't have to shout, I'm in front of you," Chaewon glares at her.

Minju stops for a while and Chaewon looks at her expectantly.

"Help me study for the finals," Minju finally says.

Chaewon scoffs.

"I won't," Chaewon says.

Minju takes out something from the pocket of her blazer. She flashes it in front of Chaewon's face. Chaewon registers a surprised and annoyed reaction.

"Where the hell did you get that?"

Minju made the picture face her and grins as she sees Chaewon's picture in masculine clothing.

"Your mom gave it to me."

"Mother is too much sometimes," Chaewon mutters under her breath. "Are you now blackmailing me with that?" Chaewon asks her.

Minju nods her head.

"So you will help me with studying and make sure that I'd be in the Top 100," Minju days.

"The most important thing is the ability to tell apart the impossible and the possible, Philip Chesterfield," Chaewon says in English.

"F-field?" Minju asks.

Field is the only thing she understood from what Chaewon just said. Chaewon rubs her palms on her face because of this.

"The most important thing is the ability to tell apart the impossible and the possible!" Chaewon repeats in Korean.

"Are you saying that what I'm asking for is impossible?" Minju asks.

She's starting to get mad. Chaewon is looking down on her too much. 

"The Top 100 is usually filled with students from Class 3-1 and 3-2, the chances of you, a student from Class 3-6, getting into it is less than 1%!" Chaewon says, frustrated.

"I don't care, you will teach me or everyone in school will know that their princess liked dressing as a boy," Minju frowns.

Chaewon takes a deep breath. Her hands are on her side as she collects her cool. She looks up to face Minju.

"Fine, I will do it but don't think I will go easy on you," Chaewon says.

Minju nods her head and Chaewon walks away. Little did the pair know, Yujin along with her and Minju's friends were watching. They ran to her when Chaewon was no longer in the area.

"Why were you talking to that brat?!" Yujin questions her.

"It was nothing Yujin," Minju replies.

Minju dreamily smiles thinking about how she would have Chaewon with her later in her room. She'll just teach her but at least she'll be close. She closes her bag and finally decides to skip away.

"Well, I'm going inside to study now!"

Minju doesn't wait for her friends and begins skipping away, following the same route Chaewon took.

"What's happening to our friend?" Nako fake cries.

Yuri takes Nako into her arms to comfort her. She too is wiping non-existent tears from her eyes. Yujin stares at the pair and can't help but frown.

"I told you the family she's staying with is making her suffer!" Yujin convinces them.

Minju spent her dinner with the Lee's calmly this time. She isn't rushing and following Chaewon's pace instead. Hyoyeon cooked a wonderfully roast beef with some potatoes. Minju loves beef so she eats everything with delight.

"Minju-ssi, I'll bring you some snacks later," Sakura says as they eat.

"That's be great!" Minju beams.

Her cheeks are puffed up due to food. Chaeyeon chuckles at this sight, Chaeryeong on the other hand looks at her with disgust.

"Sakura-chan, make me one too and bring it to Minju's room," Chaewon suddenly speaks up.

"You're going to study with Minju?" Chaeyeon asks, she's surprised to know this information.

"Yes," Chaewon shortly replies.

"Unnie, this is unfair why don't you teach me too?" Chaeryeong protests.

"Chaeryeong, you're smart enough to study on your own," Chaewon tells her.

Chaeryeong sulks in her seat but not before glaring at Minju. The older one gulps and resumes eating her food. A few more minutes and Chaewon's done eating.

"Thank you for the food," Chaewon says.

Chaewon wipes the non-exis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter