surprise

Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a weekend morning and Dal felt like her whole body would collapse from exhaustion. Ever since she got Baekhyun’s number, they’ve been texting all night long and there would be times that he would call her just because she took too long to reply (well, she was trying to stop squirming around because Baekhyun was just too good with his words), and it only made things worse because both of them wouldn’t end the call. Baekhyun kept insisting that she did it, but Dal was too stubborn enough to do it. Besides, she was enjoying it as much as him too as both of them kept giggling while the other was talking. She glanced to her right and saw her power bank close to dying just because she didn’t want to leave her bed when her phone went low battery. It was the first time she was up this early, since she always woke up in the afternoon. Hmp, Byun Baekhyun has got her wrapped around his finger and she doesn’t mind at all. Glancing at her phone again, she sighed as she saw that there was no new notifications. Well, he still must be asleep, after all they both ended the conversation at four in the morning since Baekhyun mentioned that he needed to report in office later that day.

 

A faint knock was heard on her door which made her glance. “You look terrible,” her sister, Hayana said as she made her way in to the door. Dal muttered under her breath and rubbing her face as if it would help the tiredness go away. “I slept late okay? And I barely got to sleep awhile ago,” she reasoned out as her sister plopped in her bed. 

 

“We’re going shopping today right? With the cousins?” Dal groaned remembering her conversation with Baekhyun which consisted of him complaining that she should’ve just cancelled her plans so that they could see each other but Dal shrugged it off saying that family was important to her. Dal nodded while she struggled fixing her bed as her sister kept rolling around. “So what brings you here?” Dal asked. 

 

“I can’t sleep last night since you kept squealing for some reason,” Hayana crossed her arms around her head grinning at her sister. Dal blushed, attempting to throw a pillow at the girl. Baekhyun kept sending her cute flirty messages and it wasn’t helping her keep her heart beat at check at all, she even rolled out of bed from too much squealing and tried numerous of times to suffocate herself with the pillow. Byun Baekhyun’s words are just too much for her liking, and it didn’t help that his voice was so low and hoarse the whole night while they were talking.

 

Sitting at the edge of her bed, Dal took a pillow and tucked it under her arms as she tried to hide behind as she felt the heat rush to her cheeks again just remembering what happened last night. Hayana raised an amused eyebrow and leaned forward propping her chin up with her hands, “I like this boy and I think we’re going too fast,” Dal muttered to which she repeated since she said it with a small voice that her sister couldn’t even understand. It was true though, Dal knew that they weren’t going at the normal pace relationships go at. They only met each other once but it feels like they’ve known each other for a long time. It was obvious that Baekhyun didn’t even hold back his feelings as he genuinely showed it to her through words as they couldn’t really meet each other due to work. It was scary for Dal, she knew she shouldn’t be giving her heart out that easily but Baekhyun was confident with what he feels and she wouldn’t want him to be waiting for her. Dal started talking about how they met and how she spent the night, hence, her appearance which made the other girl laugh in response looking at how whipped her sister was.

 

Hayana hummed in response, “Its not too fast, I mean we both know what kind of business we have,” she grinend. “Besides, Byun Baekhyun is worth the shot. I see a young handsome CEO, who I may add, is a bachelor,” she said with a wink to which Dal grimaced at. “He doesn’t have all the time in the world Dal, the fact that he’s giving this much attention to you means that he’s serious about it,” 

 

Dal blushed at the thought. They both held similar positions, and Baekhyun already worked his off to be where he was today. What her sister said definitely hit the bullseye, Dal wanted to take the risk, but it was hard since she knew that next year, she would be married to some other guy. And just as she was thinking, “If you’re thinking about that, just forget it. You live today Dal, might as well take the risk and see if things change,” Hayana said flicking her forehead. 

 

Dal furrowed her eyebrows at the action and rubbed it, “He wanted to take me out today but I told him we had plans,” she said pouting earning her another hit on the forehead. “Ow! Stop hitting me,” she said as she hit her sister again with another pillow. “That’s a stupid decision, but its been a while since we had some girl time so go get changed!” Hayana said pushing her to the bathroom.

 

While waiting for her cousins to arrive, Dal opened her phone taking a peek again if Baekhyun messaged her but sadly he didn’t even bother messaging her. “So much for not ghosting,” she muttered under her breath. As she was about to send a message, the door opened with a high pitched squeal. She put her phone aside as she decided to join the three girls as they hugged Hayana in a circle.

 

“Oh my God, did you just dye your hair blue?” Hayana said as she twirled Seulgi’s hair around. “Dal you’ve gotten prettier!” Irene said as Dal hugged her. Seulgi was the youngest out of them with blue hair, she had fair white skin and resembled a bear. Irene, on the other hand, had more of a mature look with shoulder length hair and doe-like eyes. Just as she was about to ask where her other cousin was, a girl with long brown hair and bangs stepped in. Dal rubbed her eyes as if she was seing a goddess with the light from the outside highlighting her. She was wearing a white crop top with showed her tiny waist topped with a black lace tube which made her look like a mannequin, her legs were long and petite as her blue jeans highlighted her small frame. “Oh, there she is,” Seulgi said as she gestured for the woman to go nearer. Up close, Dal could see that she was the eldest among them with fair white skin and pinkish red lips.

 

“Taeyeon-ah its been a while,” Hayana said and hugged her. “The last time I saw you, you were in a plane,” Dal said as she scrunched her nose and hugged Taeyeon to which she laughed at. “Well, I’ve never really been off duty so I guess this is the best time to catch up?” She said as her eyes twinkled.

 

“Shopping!” Irene exclaimed as we made our way through the door complementing each other.

 

As they were going around the mall, Dal couldn’t help but steal glances at her phone to see if Baekhyun decided to message her already. She was sure that he was already awake and everything, and everytime she would look at her phone she would only be dissapointed that there was no notifications from him at all.

 

“You know, you could just send him a message,” Dal quickly hid her phone and saw Taeyeon grinning at her. She felt her cheeks heat up again, was she too obvious? Dal cleared , “Well, he said he would text me in the morning,” she said as she tried to hide the pout forming on her lips. Taeyeon laughed, “Whoever he is, he must be really lucky to have someone like you go aftter him,” she winked as she pulled Dal to the closest store.

 

Taeyeon kept tossing her some dresses as it piled up her arms until Dal couldn’t even see what was in front anymore. After adding a bunch of clothes with the help of Hayana, she was pushed inside the fitting room as she muttered several curse words since she almost tripped. She didn’t want to change out of her clothes since her phone was in her pocket, but glancing at it again one more time, she decided to leave it be since it seemed as if Baekhyun had no plans of messaging her at all.

 

She tried a couple of dresses as Seulgi and Irene commented on each dress, until they finally chose their top three dresses which consisted of a green mermaid dress that exposed too much of her chest area that made her uncomfortable, a dark blue mini dress that hugged her curves and enhanced the whiteness of her skin. Lastly, a sleek red dress that had a slit, which showed her curves well and wasn’t revealing too much. After Seulgi and Irene debated over it, they decided to just get all three which wan’t much of a problem since Dal could pick whatever she wanted. But she was sure, that she would wear the red dress to the party.

 

Dal took a glance at Taeyeon who looked bored. Hayana then returned after taking a phone call, Dal couldn’t ignore the stress in her face as she walked towards them. “Well, bad news guys. I won’t be able to attend the party,” she said as she sighed. Dal furrowed her eyebrows, “What? Who will I go with then?” Dal complained as she looked at Hayana with hopeful eyes. Not that she was awkward going alone, but she didn’t want to be left there with her parents. In fact, the party was hosted by the Byun’s meaning Baekhyun was there, meaning that she had to interact with him the whole night which was a big no for her poor heart who suffered a lot due to Baekhyun’s antics. She shivered at the thought, heck she couldn’t even deal with him through message how much more if he was right in front of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter