secret text

Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stared at the piled papers on his table and grunted muttering curse words here and there. He hated it the most, it seemed like no matter how much work he gets done through out the day, the piles just keep on stacking themselves. After stretching his back, he decided to call it a day and just go home. A knock was heard on his door with a fluff of brown hair and a large pair of eyes staring at him. “What is it Yeol?” Baekhyun asked as he gestured the giant to enter his room. Chanyeol had a huge smile walking in and took a seat on Baekhyun’s chair swirling it around as he held a pen twirling it between his fingers. “The boys are up for a night out, are you in?” The male asked as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

Baekhyun sighed and shook his head, “The papers won’t do themselves, I want to,” he said glancing once again to the pile of papers. “Aww come on, it’s been a long time since we’ve done this. Oh and we’re all bound to get married by next year, that means no more bro moments,” Chanyeol said while he spun on the chair. The shorter male grunted holding to fingers to the bridge of his nose. “I have better things to do, maybe next time,” Baekhyun said stopping him from breaking his own chair. Besides, his group of friends would always barge in his room just to break things and leave it be. But he did admit that their time together would be less, the last time they ever spent time together was before Baekhyun became CEO. Baekhyun missed it a lot, those moments where he was allowed to act like a child and hang out, but that was the past now, and he had more responsibilities especially being a young CEO. 

 

“Better things?” Chanyeol raised a brow smirking. “When was the last time I heard that from you? Oh right, when you were dating Kim Taeyeon,” he grinned again at the mention of her name. Baekhyun’s brows furrowed more with that and kicked Chanyeol in the shin earning a groan of pain. “It’s not much of a big deal, well, they’re both Kims,” Baekhyun said smiling to himself as he remembered their encounter yesterday. There was still faint black ink on his palm from the cute exchange they had, he even took a picture of it after she left worrying that maybe the ink would wash off throughout the day. He was taking a break from his morning shift when he decided to stop by Minseok’s cafe located near the edges of Seoul, it was something he would always do since Minseok was his friend, and the cafe was located in an area where  not a lot of people would notice him. That’s when he saw her. He felt a smack on the back of his head and looked at the taller male. “I know that smile, so who caught your fancy?” Chanyeol insisted grinning like an idiot. 

 

The last time Baekhyun fell in love was with a flight attendant who was 3 years older than him. Kim Taeyeon, the only woman Baekhyun was willing to give up his hopes and dreams for. But that was back then when he was young. After dating for about a year with constant on-offs in their relationship, she left and they never talked about it after. 

 

“Not sure about it yet, but she’s got me interested. I got her number too,” he said. He couldn’t even stop the smiling from etching on his face which made him look more pathetic in Chanyeol’s view. Baekhyun glanced down on his phone again checking the time, it was 3 in the afternoon meaning she would probably be on break again. When he got her number, he quickly called Kim Corporations to ask for her schedule just to make sure he wouldn’t text her during work time, the woman was strict with her time. Thinking about her more, Baekhyun smiled brighter making Chanyeol cringe in disgust. “Well, good luck on that, call me if you’re up for tonight,” he said as he made his way through the door with the image of Byun Baekhyun’s stupid smile etched on his face. It was definitely something worth telling the boys about.

 

Baekhyun quickly got his phone and searched for her contact which he saved with a moon and star emoji just so he could find it faster. He was typing, then erasing and after convincing himself that he didn’t sound like a creep, he sent his first text. He quickly ran to his chair and swirled around. He gnawed on his lips as his heart pace doubled every second that was passing by. It was 3pm, she’s probably on her way home. , what if she’s driving? She can’t text back if she’s driving! Baekhyun thought as he swirled around faster, but maybe she has a driver? But she has her own car?!. Shaking his head once again and after taking deep breaths, his phone dinged and he probably looked like an idiot because he dashed for it before it could even light up showing the notification.

 

Just checking if you gave me the right number

why would I do that? :<  you judge me too easily

I’m guessing you got your beauty sleep?

hmp no mister 
*angry sticker*

 

Why is that??

 

Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed as he clutched his phone tighter in his hand as if it would help his heart slow down. He couldn’t sit straight properly from the anxiousness, hence, he was now  lying down like a lazy cat on his couch gnawing on his lip and tapping his fingers nervously on his lock screen waiting for a reply. Okay, so she’s not driving cause she got to reply but what was taking her so long?  Patience Baek, he repeated to himself as he took deep breaths. His phone dinged again, and he could’ve sworn nothing was going ruin his day when he saw her reply. He shot up from his couch typing rapidly on his phone, he was no longer gnawing on his lips and his cheekbones were starting to hurt from how wide his smile was. 

 

cause you keep running on my mind >:(

 

Dal sighed as she locked her phone. It took her a lot of courage to reply especially since she didn’t want to seem weak in front of Baekhyun’s straightforwardness. She was interested in him too, and his aura that other day just seemed so mesmerizing that she regretted not being able to have dinner with him. She wanted to ask him out, but she was afraid that he would just take advantage of her. She knew it was too early, but it wasn’t hard especially if the one she was dealing with was this easy to fall in love with. She heard her phone buzz twice which made her stare at it for a while. Should I just reply? Just make him wait a little bit. After a long moment of staring at it, she heard her ringtone. Her eyes widened and her heart was beating so fast, she threw her phone on the bed and ran to the bathroom. . He was calling, after taking deep breaths once again she looked at herself in the mirror. He could make her blush even if he wasn’t in front of her, psh. She brushed her hair a bit and put on some breath spray as if doing it would make any difference and walked outside again. Her phone stopped ringing, but when she got to the foot of her bed it started ringing again. After having a mental breakdown, she picked it up after two rings.

 

“You can’t just text me like that and not reply,” his deep voice echoed in her ears which made her blush. She swore she could see him pout through the phone as his tone was very gentle yet manly. “I had to do some important things,” Dal shot back as she looked around the room, she wasn’t even doing anything and even Baekhyun could realize that that was a lie which made her cringe. “So when can I see you again?” Baekhyun said with hope showing in his voice. They both knew they wanted to see each other soon, but being in this life with this work made it seem impossible. “I’m not sure yet,” Dal muttered trying to think of when her dad would let her off the hook again and give her some free time. “Are you free on the weekend?” Baekhyun asked again with more persistence, “I’ll pick you up, and bring you home if you want,” he added. Dal grinned but then again pouted remembering that she had put up plans on the weekend with her cousins. If only she knew she would be meeting a man like Baekhyun yesterday and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter