prologue

Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun started seeping through the windows until it hit Dal’s eyes lightly. The wind blew through the curtains which made the lady scrunch her nose in disapproval. Dal tossed and turned for a while before actually getting up. Rubbing her eyes as hard as she could to remove the morning glory stuck in between and because she had a problem of getting very dry eyes in the morning. It was a bad inheritance, she thought ever since she was young. But, it’s probably the only thing bad in her life. She was raised with a golden spoon in her whole life, but her parents always raised her with manners as she was told, “Not everyone gets to enjoy the luxuries in life baby,”

 

“Good morning lady, would you want some cup of tea?” Her maid for 10 years asked when she looked to her right. It was a routine for them. She would wake up at a dreadful 1pm in the afternoon, then her maids would offer her some tea and biscuits as she couldn’t even eat breakfast and lunch since it was way past that, then she would go to work. Dal wanted to scowl as she always tried her best to sleep early but somehow her body clock wouldn’t cooperate with her. She shook her head lightly and chuckled, “No thanks Miss Lee, and besides, didn’t we agree that we would drop the formality by now?” She said pouting. Well, she hoped it was a pout. 

 

“As you wish Dal,” Miss Lee replied chuckling. The young lady who was about to mature as a woman the next year was raised well by her parents. The woman shook her head as she remembered that it was just like yesterday that she had to bring this girl to middle school everyday and she would always get her socks dirty for playing with the boys.

 

“Are there any new plans for today? You know like something new?” Dal asked too enthusiastically for someone in the morning. Well, afternoon if you consider the time but morning for her. “Besides reporting in the office today, I think you have some free time in the afternoon,” Miss Lee replied. Dal’s eyes twinkled as she got up from her bed and put on her slippers.

 

Getting out of the routine was new, and it was a rare moment for her to have some free time after doing paper works all day. “Well, I think I can have my tea now,” she said as she stepped into the bathroom.

 

After taking a bath, Dal quickly changed into a black dress which ended slightly above mid-thigh with see through short sleeves. One thing she loved about being the next heiress of the Kim Corporation was that she was allowed to wear anything to work, from casual to formal, even if it wasn’t considered appropriate. There was even one time she went in just sweatpants and a sweater during the winter. And when questioned about it by her father, she complained that it was too cold for her to wear a proper clothing. Though she completely ignored the fact that she could’ve brought one of her branded parkas in her walk-in closet. Still, Dal was Dal, and if anyone knew her, she wouldn’t go for the formal but instead the casual style. She then grabbed her triple white Nike Air Force with it. With one look in the mirror, she fixed her hair to part in the middle and distributed it evenly while patting it down. She grabbed her purse and sighed, she always made sure she looked ordinary as possible and not as the next heiress of one of the biggest corporation in Seoul.

 

As she made her way downstairs, she saw some maids set up her brunch, which was usual for someone like her to wake up at 1 in the afternoon. As she sat down, Miss Lee reappeared again in her side with a paper. This paper held her daily schedule, as Miss Lee would always prepare it for her even since she was a child.

 

“For today, you would be going with Mr Han as usual, he will then drop you off at Kim Corporations where you are expected to meet your father as he has something important to tell you,” Miss Lee announced to which Dal nodded while sipping her earl grey tea. 

“So that means no paper work for today then?” Dal said as her eyes twinkled. It was usual for her to go to the Kim Corporations everyday except on weekends, but as said, it was rare for her to not do paper work as well. Miss Lee shook her head lightly and smiled, “From what’s written here, I think you’re dismissed after that,”

 

Dal stood up quickly, not even bothering to touch her biscuits and finishing her tea. “I’ll get going then, enjoy your day ladies!” She said to her maids as she headed for the door, not forgetting to drag her driver, Mr Han out as well.

 

“Isn’t it a good day today Mr Han?” She said as they made their way towards the car. “It seems like your in the mood lady,” Mr Han chuckled as he saw the smile on Dal’s face as he started the car. “Any special requests?” He said as he looked at her through the front mirror of the car.” He grinned. Dal always made requests when he drove her, from the music to the speed of the car. Especially when she wanted to be late for dinner meetings.

 

“Could you bring my car after this? I would want to have some free time for myself after meeting my dad,” Dal replied as she planned how her day would go in her head. “Sure thing, just be careful and call me if you can’t drive,” he said as he winked. She had her freedom anyways, it wasn’t like she was trapped inside her house when she had no work.

 

As Dal stepped out of the car, she stared at the huge building in front of her. It was hard thinking that one day all of this will be hers, but this was what she was preparing for the whole 20 years of her life. She wouldn’t want to disappoint her parents even if they told her that there was absolutely no pressure for her to take over. Tch, as if. It was easier said than done. Since the beginning, Dal has always felt that invisible pressure from everyone. Not only that, she was a woman, who was bound to be married off to some guy that can take care of her and the company well. She came to terms with it years ago, but still, she couldn’t stop thinking of what if she were to be attached. What if one day, she falls in love just like all those girls from the drama and fan fiction she reads, and then they end up leaving her? What if it was no strings attached? Or what if the marriage was just for the company?

 

Dal’s parents made sure that she would be married to a well-off man, especially one with good manners. It didn’t matter though, because what if the man did not love her at all?

 

Shrugging the thought away, Dal made her way to the building. Some staff greeted her and even bowed when she passed by, but she gave a small smile to them. Everyone was polite to her, at least there since they were practically required to respect their future boss.

 

As she made her way into the elevator, she heard someone shouting just outside as the doors were about to shut, “Wait! Please hold the door!” A deep voice said as she held the buttons. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the man, his face didn’t match his voice it all. She gulped nervously and gave him a small smile.

 

To say the man was tall was an understatement, he was probably taller than all the other males she met. He had brown wavy hair that ended a bit below his eyebrows and his eyes were almond and round. Hmm, how cute. Dal shrugged the thought of and continued staring, he was panting a bit maybe from the running he did and he was wearing a suit which means he was probably working around here. But it definitely was the first time she rode the elevator with someone, it was always only her for security reasons.

 

“Um, you do know you are in the private elevator right?” She said in a small voice, still startled that someone was in the same enclosed space as her. The man grinned and looked at the buttons, “Oh sorry bout that, I’m new here and we’re going to the same floor,” he said in his deep voice. God, why does he have to be y and cute at the same time. Dal gave him a small smile, that was weird. Never in her life did someone ride the same elevator as her, especially since that was the only elevator that goes up to her dad’s office.

 

“Oh, then I’m Kim Dal Byul, nice to meet you,” she said as she extended her right hand. The man chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, he had a tall nose and cute ears that stood out. Not that she noticed or was staring for the past thirty seconds he was with her. “Oh, it was a pleasure. Just drop the formality, thanks for holding the door though,” he said as he shrugged and shook her small hand with his large one.

 

Not that she noticed, but she was curious why he didn’t mention his name. Not that she needed it to hit on him, but it was hard to pass through security in this building, especially riding this elevator. She looked at him skeptically but smiled again. When they reached her father’s floor, he quickly dashed out of the elevator as if someone was after him. “I’ll see you around again, maybe?” He said as he laughed. He was walking backwards when he almost tripped, Dal chuckled and shouted back. “Sure! Tell me your name when that happens,” she grinned and made her way to her dad’s office.

 

As she made her way into her dad’s office, she stopped right in front of the door. “Okay, you can do this,” she took a deep breath and patted her hair before stepping inside.

 

She saw her dad speaking in the phone when she walked in and gave him a small smile. Dal can’t even imagine herself doing all these CEO stuff, but there was no escape in her fate. Her father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter