the party

Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dal patted her dress for the nth time looking at herself in the mirror. She made sure she looked good even for just tonight so that she could atleast catch Baekhyun’s attention (not that she needed more) and hopefully his family too. She was wearing the same red dress she bought during the weekend and paired it with a pair of Stuart Weitzman heels. It was her first time to attend the annual Byun party, since she always missed out on it not seeing the importance of gatherings like these. Besides, this was where engagements would be announced and where parents would search for possible future partners (or business partners in Dal’s perspective). She made it an exception to go this year just to see Baekhyun, and he was looking forward to seeing her as well. After dabbing some lip gloss and putting her hair in place (which Hayana curled) Dal headed downstairs to find her parents all dressed up with Taeyeon fixing her mom’s necklace. She smiled to herself as she approached her family. “Ah, my daughter all dressed up for this evening,” her dad said as she went nearer. Dal laughed complementing him as they made their way to the car. “You’re going to steal hearts Dal,” Taeyeon whispered which made Dal scrunch her nose, “No, you are,” she replied sticking her tongue out which earned a small chuckle from Taeyeon. “I hope I steal his,” she muttered under her breath which Dal wasn’t able to hear as she approached her parents.

 

As they approached the venue, Dal couldn’t help but look at in awe. The whole place looked like castle with guards everywhere ushering guests inside. There were no paparazzi at all, and everyone was dressed with expensive suits and dresses. “I’m guessing its your first time here?” Taeyeon said as she stood beside Dal with a two champagne glasses offering the other to her. Dal nodded still amazed by how expensive everything looked. Taeyeon laughed and took a sip from her champagne, “It gets better inside, I’ve been her a lot,” she said taking Dal’s hand and ignoring the confused face the latter had. She’s been her a lot? Does that mean she knows Baekhyun? Dal thought as she followed the senior inside. Her jaw dropped when she stepped inside, Taeyeon definitely wasn’t kidding when she said it was better. The interior was designed with gold and black giving a fancy-mature feeling, it was as if she was in the set of The Great Gatsby, the lights were dim and the windows were large giving you a view of their massive garden outside. The place was huge, with stairs in every side leading to halls that seemed to have no end. There was a stage in the middle, which Dal guessed the hosts would be. Taeyeon grinned at the girl’s reaction and pulled her to their table. Dal looked around hoping to find a familiar pair of charming eyes but to her dismay, he wasn’t around. His family is the host so he’s probably getting ready. Taeyeon left her in their table as she went to the bathroom

 

Walking around, she bumped into someone earning a low grunt from the person. “Sorry, didn’t see you there,” she muttered only to see Baekhyun staring at her in horror. “What the are you doing here?” He hissed as he regained his composure. Taeyeon looked hurt, “That wasn’t how you talked to me before Kyung,” she said pouting. She knew he hated her ever since she left, but they still had good moments in the past. She missed him a lot, that was why she found out Hayana couldn’t make it, she quickly voluntereed as proxy. 

 

“That was a long time ago,” Baekhyun said as he glared at her. “And stop calling me that, you left remember?” He added as he stormed out. Taeyeon sighed as she saw him walk away, it was different from the last time they saw each other. He definitely got more handsome and manlier which made her heart skip a beat. But she wasn’t going to give up easily, besides, she went back to Seoul to settle down. Somewhere in her heart, she knew she hasn’t moved on from her ex boyfriend, which was why she came back. To win him back, but she never knew his heart grew distant from her since he was head over heels for her when she left. After fixing herself, she went back to the table.

 

Dal’s eyes widened when the Byun family stepped on stage, a smile crept on her lips when she saw Baekhyun. He was good looking as usual, wearing a black coat which was red in the inside which exposed his chest, which made her blush. His hair was also fixed to be a bit messy, but still giving him a clean look. He also wore silver chains on his neck which enhanced his chest even more making him look manlier than usual. She grinned as she saw him scan the crowd until their eyes locked making him smirk and flashing her a wink which made her blush again but she was far enough for him not to see that.

 

“You know, you could act a bit more discreet,” Baekbeom whispered. He was wearing the same thing as Baekhyun but it was blue. Baekhyun scoffed, “It’s not like everyone’s attention is on me anyways,” earning a chuckle from his brother. “Your eyesight has gotten better then,” he said teasingly which made Baekhyun smile. It was a good thing Dal wore red, because it made her stand out from everyone in the room and she was definitely easier to find. He completely forgot about the incident with Taeyeon when he locked eyes with the only woman he wanted to see this evening. He didn’t even look anywhere else but at her. As his parents finished their welcoming speech, he quickly approached his friends as he avoided those that were trying to make small talk with him.

 

“Yo, I need some help,” he said seriously as he wrapped an arm around Sehun and Chanyeol. “What is it this time hyung? You need a girl?” Sehun mocked as the whole table laughed. Baekhyun smacked him in the back of his head, “No, Taeyeon is here and she’s gonna ruin my evening,” he groaned remembering how he bumped into her before the event even started. “What? How did she get in?” Suho questioned as the laughter died down. They all disliked her ever since she left Baekhyun, she was his first love and first serious relationship, and she just left him like that. 

 

“Not sure, but I’m planning on taking this girl out,” he said and jutted his chin towards Dal’s table. “Oooh, the one you’ve been talking with all night?” Chanyeol grinned as Baekhyun nodded smiling. Ever since that mini date in the mall during the weekend, Baekhyun couldn’t stop talking about you. 

 

“Okay, we’re on it, goodluck with her,” Jongin grinned as he high-fived Sehun. All the other boys nodded, which made Baekhyun smile. He knew they could be trusted, after all, they were brothers for life.

 

 

Baekhyun quickly took 3 shots of vodka from the waiter. He needed it badly as he felt his confidence wear out when he saw Dal being approached by a number of males to his dismay. After doing some peptalk to himself, he made his way towards her. When he was near, he put a hand in the middle of her back which made her tense up.

 

“You look amazing,” Dal felt him whisper from behind. When she turned her head she found Baekhyun smirking at her which made her blush. “You look good as well,” she grinned as she offered him her champagne. Baekhyun took it and finished it before placing it back in the table. “Well, I’m here to remind you that we still have a pending dinner date,” he said as he offered his arm to her which she gladly took laughing. “Is this even allowed?” She questioned as they made their way outside to the garden with Baekhyun looking around as if he was doing something dangerous. “No, but where’s the fun in there?” He said pointing at the party behind them. Dal looked at him in horror, “Can’t we just have dinner somewhere else?” She said as she tried dragging him back but Baekhyun didn’t even budge as he grinned at her. “We are having dinner somewhere else, come on,” he said as he took her hand dragging her with him. “Wouldn’t they be looking for us though?” She said. They were now playing a game of tug of war dragging each other which made her blush at how Baekhyun tightly held her hand.

 

“I got everything figured out already, just trust me on this,” Baekhyun said as he stopped pulling her hand and looked at her firmly which made her feel inferior. “Fine, but if you’re going to kidnap me then I’m gonna call the police,” she huffed making Baekhyun laugh. “If you keep making my heart beat this fast then I will kidnap you,” he said as he tapped her nose.  Dal felt her heart race at his straightforwardness. As they made their way towards the garden, she saw a guard walking around which made Baekhyun stop. Her eyes widened when he pulled her to the corner where they wouldn’t be seen and placed his hands on her waist holding her near. She looked up meeting his brown eyes that were staring too intensely at her. Her heart beated fast and she didn’t even know she was holding her breath. Baekhyun tucked strand behind her ear, leaning a bit more closely. Dal was about to close her eyes when they heard a huge explosion from inside. Her eyes widened pulling back making Baekhyun pout at the distance. “Don’t worry, its just some confetti, they’re probably playing some games,” he muttered as he took her hand again. Dal looked at him hesitantly before nodding again.

 

“So what do you want to eat?” Baekhyun whispered close to her ear which made her blush again. She swore it was like her cheeks were permanently red already from all the blushing. “Hmm, I don’t mind really, where are we eating anyways?” she said as she looked at him curiously. “That’s for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter