The Meal

Musical Imperialism

After nice refreshing dip into the hot tub later, Cathar has invited me to have dinner with his wife. I hope it won't turn out as bad as the introductions, although I am very much curious as to why this government isn't investing in the development of any technology. It's very strange to me espiecially since from my government history class in Planet Fleet Academy, all governments want to put at least some money into the development of new technologies rather than toward the benefit of everyone rather than expansion and only expansion. I am also curious as to what else is on this planet, though I won't ask that in a manner like that, can't risk breaking the news that their are other places in their system and how their exists races significantly different from them. I also can not forget about the goal, seek rescue off of this planet, hopefully the escape this planet soon before I suddenly decide that I belong on this planet. I just want to hope that maybe I can explain the whole situation to the worm man so that he's forgiving. I wasn't a high ranking member and my cargo was certainly not the most valuable cargo being transported at the time. Maybe I won't be fed to "The Beast". After dinner, I should check the escape pod to see if it's broadcasting a distress signal to Planetfleet. Hopefully then any starship that comes by can pick me up. Otherwise, I have to hope that at least one of the other members of the worm thing's gang will be sent after me, though that might actually be the worst outcome possible. If the worm thing were to send someone after me, it would most likely be to kill me. Anyway, I have just heard a ding so it must be something to say that Dinner is ready, time to had on down stairs.

"Ah, Bass Clef, how good it is to join me," Clair tells me.

"Where's Cathar?" I ask.

"He's busy at the moment, I know it's not very nice for house guests to be doing things like this, but whatever, could you please set the table for me," Clair then tells me.

I do exactly as Clair tells me as she starts cutting something up. I give what she's cutting a strange look.

"Don't worry, it's not the body of my husband or any members of the government. It's steak actually," Clair then tells me.

"Oh, I got concerned for a moment there," I respond. That was an attempt to play it off cool. I didn't want to mention how on our ships, we have food modulators in which we just have to speak the food that we want and the computer would just summon the food automatically. No need to do whatever Clair is doing. Clair then gets out three plates and puts the steak on each one along with some vegetables. At least that's what I am guessing they are. 

"Cathar, dinner is ready," Clair then yells.

"Coming," Cathar replies.

Cathar then comes shooting through one of the doors and into the kitchen where Clair and I are. 

"So what's for dinner, honey?" Cathar asks.

"Steak and vegetables," Clair responds as she places all the plates on the table. 

"Sounds delicous," I add.

"It really is," Clair tells me, "Do they not serve this up north?".

"No, they don't. They serve fish up north," I tell both of them.

"Oh, right, the north is known for it's renowned cod," Cathar says.

We all take our seats.

"What is out there?" I then ask as I start eating.

"What do you mean by 'out there'," Clair asks.

"Outside of the capital," I respond.

"There's the trams that take people to cities outside, like where you are from up north. Other than that, no one knows what's out there," Cathar tells me.

"Is it at all possible that the government is focused on expanding because they are trying to hide something, like a failed experiment or something?" I ask.

"You might be onto to something," Clair says, "If you wouldn't mind Cathar, I would like to see about going beyond the borders of the city, I am curious what could be out there."

"As long as I can come with, you may do so," Cathar tells Clair.

"Cool, I am rather curious about what we might find out there," I respond. I didn't think that they would be so willing to join me. I also didn't think that I would need to leave so that I coudl check on my escape pod. The rest of dinner is in complete silence. After we finish eating, Clair cleans up and I get shown to my room so that I can rest for the night.