On our Way to Cathar's House

Musical Imperialism

Author: Gotcha reader, you thought this chapter was gonna start with "the" but instead it starts with "On"

Yeah big shocker no one cares Author, can we get back to the story.

Author: oh yeah, no problem, just wanted to point something out to the reader.

As I follow Cathar down the streets to his house, I wonder if I should ask him about music. However, after how Doran reacted to me asking about music, I do not want to take any chances and Cathar seems to be a really nice guy. "Cathar, what's with all these really tall buildings?" I ask.

"Wow you must be new here, those are called skyscrapers, they tend to house a lot of the big bussinesses here like 'Sandwich Way; Eat the Freshness of Our Sandwiches' and my favorite; 'Sushi RRRRRRRR us; we sell sushi since we be pirates' however at times they also will house things like appartments or gardens," Cathar responds

"In the northern part where I live, we don't have skyscrapers, it's more of just a building that has one floor and a couple of other floors above," I respond in an awkward manner, as on earth they did not have skyscrapers when I was around, it was more of building with one large floor maybe a few mini floors above and then almost always a few floors below.

"That makes sense, they don't call this city the 'Center of the World' for nothing," Cathar responds.

"Wait so we are that far underground?" I ask suddenly concerned "I don't remember going down any elevators or stairs,".

"Chill out silly, that's just a nickname, no one could handle the heat of the center of the planet, this city is called that because this is where a lot of the big bussinesses have their headquarters, think of here as the big capital of the bussiness world," Cathar answers.

"That makes more sense, earlier you mentionned how some of these big buildings hold appartments, do you live in one of these apartments?" I ask.

"I get why you might ask that, for someone like you, we've been passing by a lot of big buildings and up north I don't think they have those, but fortuneately for me and my wife we live in our own house," Cathar responds

"You said fortuneately there, why are you lucky to have a house, up north houses are a plenty?" I ask.

"The North must truly be the boonies if you never heard about the war," Cathar answers.

"The what?"

"The war, the government had a plan to expand the city but when they released those plans, a large amount of people revolted against that plan stating that the amount of money budgeted it should be used for other things like increased space exploration, robots, or to help the poor instead of being used to destroy their own homes," Cathar replies clearly somewhat shaken "I was one of those people, so was my wife. The war lasted for one battle and it was one of the bloodiest things I had ever watched. Seeing the government army walking, no strolling through and casually shooting us not even caring about killing poor civilians that did not want to be on the streets. Almost no one was spared, the only ones who were, were the ones that had surrendered and promised to be the ones who would tear down the houses to make room for the city expansion, or those of our group that managed to flee. Me and my wife were among the few that did manage to flee so that we could keep our belief that the need for expansion was unnessacary".

"I am sorry for asking," I reply.

"Don't worry about it, the more I talk about it, the more I can get over it, it's not like if I did not flee we would've won, I fled after seeing how many of my people were taken down, the one you really can't talk about it to is my wife, she fled right after the shooting started when the battle," Cathar responds. "and look at that, we have arrived at my place,"

I turn the same direction Cathar turned and see a nice amount of grass and a really nice house beyond that part of the grass.

"Nice crib you got there," I say.

"Thanks we were surprised when we managed to find it and even more surprised that no one was using it," Cathar says. "Come on you've got to see the backyard,"