Final 4.5

Winter Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


[Yoona? Still there? Ugh.]

 

Her mother hangs up and that brought Yoona back to reality. She called her planning to share what she's currently facing but she ends up just catching up with her and never shared her problem. She put her phone down and got on her feet to head to her desk and opened her laptop. She tried to search 'traumatic head injury'. She was more than devastated that most common result are permanent loss of memories.

 

"Andwae. Andwae Andwae!" She frustratingly shouted as she knocks her head so hard a few times and couldn't hold it any longet but to cry. "Why is this happening?" It's making her hard to do something. When all her plans are to recover memories now it seems she has to tell her what happened and it's making her anxious because she will break her heart into pieces and it'll hurt her at the same time. She's even hurting now and it's killing her.

 

A few moments later, she ends up sleeping her desk with still tears on her cheeks.

 

-

 

"Yoona." Seohyun called out the older girl with a knock on the door. "Are you awake?" She knocks again and again. But she didn't get a single response. She decided to open the door gently and peek her head inside just to see a figure is apparently sitting on a bench with her upper is resting on the desk. "Why did she sleep there?" She walked inside to have a closer look on her. Her heart breaks to see how puffy her cheeks are her there's visible eye bags. "Did... She cry? Wae?" She wonders as it gives her strange feeling.

 

Yoona suddenly moved that cause for her to move the laptop and it opens.

 

Seohyun got curious what was on the screen that she leaned a bit closer to see read what was the text. It gives her now the answer to her question why the doe-eyed cried. It makes her sad and feel sorry for her. She knows how much she treasures all their memories together and now it seems they're not going to comeback. Her tears unconsciously drop and she rushed outside to go back to her room. She wipes away her tears, trying to stay strong knowing crying would not help her nor Yoona. She needs to do something to lift her up, since she can't do anything about her memories. "Yeah, I should prepare for our breakfast." she hurriedly left her room and arrived in their kitchen in no time.

 

She has no idea about making fish soup but she could remember visibly how did Yoona cooked it. So she grabs all the remaining ingredients from the fridge and prepare their breakfast. It's a good thing the ski-resort would provide them anything they like to ask for that it's easy to cook on their own.

 

Yoona soon wake up from a very deep slumber. Her head is aching as well as her neck. "Ugh." It took her some time before realize she's in her desk and the reason why she's having some pain on her neck. Getting up, she immediately thought of Seohyun and she went out to go straight to her room but she's nowhere to be found. "Seohyun?" she loudly called out her name while going downstairs.

 

"Here!" Seohyun responded brightly.

 

Upon hearing her voice, she proceeds to the kitchen and was surprised to see the table is already filled with korean dishes. "What did you just did?"

 

"Breakfast." A big smile appeared in Seohyun's face. "Come on before it gets cold." She pulled the chair and gently pushed her down before getting her own seat across her. "I hope you like it."

 

"You used the remaining fish?" Yoona is more than surprised to see the soup. "You know how to cook this?" She chuckled as she couldn't believe it.

 

"I just remember how did you do it last night. I hope followed the right thing from you." Seohyun is worried it wouldn't be as tasty as Yoona's cook.

 

"How... did you do that?" Yoona chuckles as she took the spoon. "It even took me sometime to memorize how to make a soup." But she pauses when she realizes something. For the past few days, it is easy for Seohyun to memorize everything, even the slightest detail. It feels like, in return to her erased memories, she could remember so easily and even so sharp at it. "This is making sense. This can be possible?" she mumbles while nodding.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing. I'll taste it first." With a small smile she finally took her first taste on her fish soup. It's crazy that it tastes so good better than hers. "I think you can do something without even taught. I love it." She told her as a bittersweet smile painted her face.

 

"Tha-thanks." Seohyun shyly smiled as she felt her heart skips a beat and it makes her blush.

 

"Go eat up. You don't want me finishing all of these, do you?"

 

"Of course not." Without wasting time, Seohyun took her chopsticks and started eating. She especially put an egg roll on Yoona's plate. "I hope you like all of them." she sweetly smiled.

 

"This is the first time since your accident, I wouldn't mind eating them by myself." Yoona jokes as she put the egg roll immediately on and mirrored her bright sweet smile.

 

Seohyun is the happiest. She succeed on lifting the deer up. She hopes she won't cry anymore because it hurts to see she's like that. "Slow down." She advices as she softly chuckles earning her eyesmiles only because is full.

 

"By the way, it's today Yuri and the gang will come so we have to order food later at lunch." Yoona almost forgot to mention.

 

"Omo, chincha? So I'm going to prepare myself too. No, us." Seohyun got anxious but excited at the same time.

 

"Yes? Why?" Yoona is confused.

 

"Shouldn't we tell them we're dating?"

 

"Wha-what? I-I mean... you-you don't have to tell them. It's-"

 

"You don't want to be tease, do you?" Seohyun could totally see it and she already.

 

"NO! It's not like that." Yoona tried to defend herself but there's nothing coming to her head. "It's-It's just... " It's hard to do it when she's so happy and doesn't want to ruin it.

 

"I'm sure they'll be happy." Seohyun is determined. She wanted to know her friends too but she's more than excited telling them she's in love with Yoona.

 

'She really looks so adorable when she's happy.' Yoona thought halfheartedly because she could imagine how will she take it if she tells her later. It makes her frustrated inside but she keeps a fake bright smile on the outside.

 

 

***

 

 

"Guys, don't expect too much. She completely doesn't remember a thing even about herself. So talked about it with her. How is she a friend to you, good memories with her, anything except bad memories. Let's not stress her out because she always feel sorry and bad about this. Just have fun, araso?" Yoona said to Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon who arrived on time.

 

"What about you Yoona?" Sunny asks in concern.

 

"I've already told her a lot. But of course, I can't tell everything when we have known each other for two decades." Yoona chuckled in response to the smaller girl.

 

"I mean, is it okay for you like this? You're the girlfriend." Sunny further said.

 

"It must be hard for you." Yuri could feel the deer is having stress since Seohyun loss her memories.

 

"I totally have accepted this." Yoona put on a bright smile even though it's hard for her to handle it. "And I guess creating new memories with her will be better than keep pushing what's the past."

 

"That's the word there." Hyoyeon is proud to hear it and give the doe-eyed a pat on her shoulder. "Stay Strong, okay?"

 

"I do." Yoona appreciated it and return the hug from the blonde girl. "Thanks, Unnie."

 

"Alright, let's go." Yuri announced and lead them inside the house.

 

Yoona who stayed a little a while outside followed them casually.

 

"I'm Kim Hyoyeon, your colleague in the publishing company you're working on, Author-nim." Hyoyeon introduced herself as she bowed in the process.

 

"I'm Yuri."

 

"Sunny here."

 

"And Choi Sooyoung."

 

"And we are your college friends and until now." The trio said in unison as they make hearts over their heads.

 

"And I'm Yoona. Your friendly high school friend since then." Yoona ended it as she playfully introduced herself as well.

 

"Thank you all for coming guys." Seohyun is so happy to finally meet them. "Um, come in." She added as she ushers them to come in the living room. She couldn't stop from smiling. She's excited to hang out with them.

 

"I'll prepare the food. You guys feel at home." Yoona said and headed to the kitchen where their ordered foods are waiting. She pauses for a while when she started hearing Yuri something from their college that's giving laughter already from everyone especially Seohyun. She returned to the living room bringing the boxes of pizzas. "Here you go guys."

 

"Yoong, have you mentioned to Seohyun about how good are you as a dancer?" Yuri suddenly ask which made everyone looked at the deer in interest.

 

"She hasn't... And hasn't shown to me." Seohyun reacted and smile teasingly to the doe-eyed.

 

"Don't believe her, Hyun, I don't dance and I don't even know how to." Yoona denied to the young writer.

 

"Oh come on. You used to be part of a dance club during college days." Yuri could still remember it. She's one of those who auditioned to the club but she didn't make it but her friend's friend made it on top. "Your club even competes against other colleges in South Korea. What don't you show us some moves, eh?"

 

"That's a good idea!" Hyoyeon cheered. "Dance Yoona! Dance Yoona!" And she started it which everyone follows including Seohyun who is more excited to witness how her girlfriend dance.

 

"Come on Yoona!" Yuri played some music which made everyone got even excited as it makes them dance as well.

 

"Go Yoongie! Go Yoongie Go!" Seohyun keeps cheering as well.

 

'The last time I remember this isn't about me.' Yoona thought as she awkwardly smiles while she tries to convince herself to just run away and don't mind them but the younger girl who is excited to see her dance is keeping her still ans before she knows it, she startes moving her head to the beat. Then her hands and legs startes moving to the hip-hop.

 

"Oh my God!" Seohyun couldn't help and say the words as it surprises her. Yoona dances so gracefully unexpectedly. Her friends are so amazed as well while they're dancing as well. She just silently watches, smiling proudly. 'She didn't even share about this.' But she glared briefly towards her because she doesn't ever talk about herself. It's all about her. It makes her fall for her even more knowing how selfless she is. Well, she had been like that since she woke up from the accident.

 

-

 

"Yo, Yoona. You didn't tell me you were friends." Yuri said when she followed the deer to the kitchen who was peeling the apples.

 

Yoona looked at her in confused. "Hmm?"

 

"She told us that you guys are dating 'now'." Yuri emphasizes to let the doe-eyed understand what she means.

 

"Oh." Yoona returned to the people. "I didn't tell her I'm her girlfriend. I don't want her to immediately feel sorry when she woke up from the surgery and doesn't have memories about us." She truthfully replied.

 

"No wonder. She's glowing like she just falls for someone and it's actually a good sight. But I heard about what happened. Aren't you going to tell her?" Yuri meaningfully says, giving the doe-eyed a hint.

 

"Where did you learn?" Yoona was surprised to hear it from Yuri.

 

"Sunny. She's friends with Rose. Rose told her everything how you just suddenly acted weird towards her but she couldn't stop you because she likes you." Yuri shared and she looked at Yoona in concern. "Something is wrong, right?" she believes it wasn't the deer she knows.

 

"I mentioned about this from Seohyun yesterday. About having these hallucinations when I get stress if I can't take my pill." Yoona mutters and sigh.

 

"Omo, Yoona you're sick?" Yuri gasped and almost said it loud. "Since when?"

 

"A year ago. It's not like I'm sick. It just happens when I'm stress. But it's not an excuse. It was all my fault."

 

"Right. You know yourself you should know better. But that's actually good. You really didn't cheat on her intentionally."

 

"I love her. Why would I?"

 

"So are you planning to tell her?"

 

"Yes. If I get the chance. I can't stay lying to her about us when that happened." Yoona has made a decision. She will tell Seohyun what happened and hopefully the result will not be something she's expecting.

 

"What if, she doesn't take it easily?" Yuri could totally foresee what's coming.

 

Glancing to Yuri, Yoona keep peeling before she answers, "I'm preparing myself for the worse. It's what I deserve either way. I'm worried for her more. She's like an eighteen-year-old to be broken." she sighs heavily.

 

"Well, it's better than living in lies, Yoona. We made mistakes and we should take responsibility." Yuri smiled warmly. "But we should make should make sure it won't happen again. Learn and move on. That's the main point. I support you whatever is your decision and if you need our help or mine, you can call me whenever you want, araso?"

 

"Thanks for that, Yuri." Yoona couldn't help and thank the latter. She needed it the most at the moment. "Now help me bring me these apples to the living room." And she didn't think twice and ask her help.

 

"Sure." Yuri chuckled as she took the other plates and leads the doe-eyed to the living room. "What are you girls playing?"

 

"Can we join?" Yoona didn't think twice and she asks them, tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter