Final 2.5

Winter Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So far in our investigation, it looked like Miss Seo dropped her phone and didn't see the car that was going on wrong lane."

 

"The caller was registered the time right before the accident happened."

 

"Driver of the other car is in a coma."

 

Yoona sighs loudly as she recalls the information the police officer shared to her earlier. She decided to call the police station after having breakfast and find out that indeed, Rose called before the accident. But she has another question in her head that needs Rose's answer. However, she hasn't picked up since she tried to contact her.

 

Brushing her off of her mind, she inserted a coin on the vending machine and a bottle of water dropped which she quickly picked up and started going back to Seohyun's room. While drinking the water, she quickly recognizes Seohyun, looking around while she's on her wheelchair. "Aish I told her not to leave." She hurriedly meets with her halfway and the latter smiled shamelessly.

 

"I got lonely." Reasoned Seohyun.

 

"Aigoo, should have used a non-driving wheelchair." Yoona regretfully says.

 

"It's okay, so I won't bother you." Seohyun uses the joysticks on her right to turn the wheelchair around. "The nurse will shot me later, so please be there."

 

Yoona smiled in amusement. "You really don't change a bit."

 

"I really have fear in needles?" Seohyun stopped as she looked up to the doe-eyed.

 

"Yes. You shared it started when you were bit by a dog when you were on your grade school. You really don't like it that you have to hold on someone first if not, you think you'll die." Yoona chuckled lightly.

 

"It really hurts thought. Aren't you scared of that?" Seohyun pouted cutely as she continues to control the wheelchair. They're nearing her room and she saw the nurse just entered.

 

"It's because the pain will go away immediately. And it's for the better."

 

"I really can't understand." She sighs.

 

Yoona suddenly block her and bend down to level their eyes. "Just think of it like an ant or someone pinching you hard."

 

"But the needles are scary. Not actually the pain I'll get."

 

"Oh... indeed."

 

"I'll close my eyes then." Seohyun cutely smiled as she thought of something to resolve it.

 

"Right." Yoona chuckled as she casually gives the younger a way. They slowly entered the room and bowed their heads when they saw the nurse who was preparing the syringe already.

 

Seohyun carefully got up with the deer's help and guided her to her bed in a sitting position. Yoona was about to move away when the young writer caught her arm and pulled her back, making her sit next to her. "Stay." She told her with a puppy face.

 

"Of course." The doe-eyed smiled and give her a pat on her head. As the nurse rolled her sleeve up, the latter close her eyes tight while she held her arm through her left. Yoona casually rubs her hand that was on her arm. "Do you want ice cream later?" and she asks softly to relax her.

 

Seohyun nodded as her lips formed into a cute smile.

 

"I've heard from the doctor that you can eat hard food now. So, what do you think of a samgyupsal later? There's one here." Yoona added and Seohyun looked up to her with her brightest smile.

 

"Let's go have barbecue!" Seohyun chirped. She was too excited that she didn't noticed the nurse is already done and rolled back her sleeve. "Is it done?" She turned to the nurse and got confused.

 

"It is." The nurse confirmed with a sweet smile as she took the syringe on a tray and left them.

 

"That's... "

 

"See? If you focus on some things, you wouldn't know it was there." Yoona is really proud of the younger. "Good Job, Seo Joohyun." And she praises her with two thumbs up.

 

Seohyun bowed playfully. "Kamshamnida." As she showed her gratefulness.

 

Yoona giggles and got on her feet. "Let's go! It's another day to seize!" and she announces, causing for the young writer and jump up and down and then squeal.

 

 

-

 

"Ahh... strawberry." Seohyun's eyes are sparkling when Yoona returned from buying them the ice cream. She had been in the library, sitting on the floor with her back against the shelf. "Guess? This is also my favorite flavor of ice cream?"

 

Yoona took a seat next to the younger and she smile as she holds up a thumb up. "Jjang."

 

"My taste is great." Seohyun praises her past self and excitedly took a bite of her ice cream. "Ooohhh... it's so gooood." she couldn't help and wiggle before taking another bite.

 

Yoona just smiled as she also took a bite of her ice cream silently.

 

"Ah." Suddenly, Seohyun is offering her spoon, asking her to open .

 

"No, I'm fine. Just-"

 

"Come on. It's my way of thanking you."

 

Yoona is speechless and she ends up opening mouth a little and bite on the ice cream. She smiled gleefully. "You too." And she couldn't let her do it on her own only. The latter automatically welcomes her spoon on and giggle. "Someone's really in love with strawberry."

 

"What about you? What's your favorite?"

 

The deer shake her head. "I eat all of them."

 

"You are so shikshin aren't you?"

 

"I'm a food lover."

 

"Too obvious."

 

"And so are you."

 

"Of course not."

 

"How can you say so?"

 

"I... " Seohyun couldn't reply as she realizes she too loves it. But it was only because she had been craving for food outside her room. Porridge is boring and she sometimes just eat a little.

 

"You can't defend yourself, can you?" Yoona teases as she nudges her and she sighs in defeat. "Anyway, I'm glad you're eating well. You need that to strengthen your muscles and recover fast."

 

"Speaking of favorite, wha's your favorite with me?" Seohyun suddenly ask as she got curious their memories together. She still doesn't recall anything two days after the surgery.

 

Yoona couldn't answer right away as she couldn't choose which one was her favorite but since Seohyun is anticipating, she decided to choose one and share it.

 

Flashback...

 

Yoona is skipping in an empty hallway while singing a random song until she reaches the classroom where her friend was seen last from her classmates. She slowly opened the door and peek inside, just to see the latter is putting something on every desk.

 

"What is she doing?" She giggles. But she slowly walked inside to prevent from being heard. She just watches her until she realized someone had been watching. "What are you doing?" She chuckles as she approached her.

 

"Stop. I'm not yet done." Seohyun instructed and she finish off putting the small sticky notes on ever desks.

 

Yoona took one of the notes and she can read a cheering up message. "You're doing this because of the exams tomorrow, do you?"

 

Seohyun proudly nodded and took her backpack. "Most of my classmates doesn't study well. Maybe these can help them do well on exams." She reasoned as she patted the doe-eyed's shoulder and passes at her.

 

Yoona quickly catch up with her in the hallway. "What about me? Don't you have for me?"

 

"You're already smart, Im Yoona."

 

"But I want to receive one from you too."

 

"You don't need it."

 

"Why not? Aren't we friends?" The deer pouted sadly.

 

Seohyun chuckled and stopped on her tracks which also made the latter. "You really want to receive one?"

 

"I need it to do well in my exams too, Seo Joohyun." Yoona leaned in to Seohyun's face when she said it.

 

"Close your eyes." Seohyun softly replied as she smiled back to her friend.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona grinned.

 

"Aish, close your eyes if you want to receive one too."

 

"Ok. Okay." Yoona excitedly close her eyes.

 

"Don't open them if I don't say it." Seohyun further instructed. She took her pen and sticky note from her backpack and write something. She giggles as she watches the adorable deer, smiling from ear to ear while she's waiting. Once she's done, she stick the note on her forehead. "Open them now." And then she rushes outside, leaving her behind.

 

Yoona quickly took the note from her forehead and instead of a cheer up message, she can see a drawing of a deer rather with 'fighting!' on it. "Well, this is cute." She ends up loving it and quickly searched for her friend.

 

End Of Flasback...

 

"Just that?" Seohyun can't believe what she heard. "This is unbelievable."

 

"Why? It really means to me." Yoona seriously said couldn't laugh back with her.

 

"Chincha?" And Seohyun stopped from laughing.

 

"Yes."

 

"Okay, I just laugh because I was that thoughtless when it comes to you?"

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I think you were just playful but that sticky note is too cute and adorable that I still have it with me. That actually helps me with my exams the following day."

 

"That's a relieved."

 

"If you could redo that, what would you tell me to cheer me up?" She suddenly thought of giving her a dare.

 

Seohyun widened her eyes. "I don't think I can do that." And shakes her head to decline it.

 

"Who knows? I'll give you some time then." Yoona wink and she got up to leave her.

 

"Where is she going? Was she serious with that?" Seohyun is in panic but at the same time pressured. "Cheer up messages... What would... " And then she mentally reminded herself she's in the library. She got on her feet and while pushing her dextrose's stand, she started searching for a book that could help her. It took her really an hour before she found a book that fits it. She took a seat on a nearby bench and take her time reading it. Reading had been so helpful for her to get her mind in shape. And hopefully someday, memories will come.

 

After some time, Yoona returned and the young writer is smiling like she has something in her mind. "So you got some?" And she's now excited to hear it.

 

"I didn't actually follow what I've read so I realize, I'll just tell this to you at this moment." Seohyun quickly put the sticky note on the deer's forehead.

 

Yoona giggles as she took the note and read the note that says: It will be fine soon. Just keep the faith. "Why?" But she turned serious as she looked at her.

 

"I realize it's unfair for you that I couldn't recall everything. And I sense you are stress about it. So I want to cheer you up. One day, I will remember everything and that won't cause any stress on you anymore... I promise." Seohyun genuinely smiled.

 

"I'm not stress, I'm actually enjoying it." Yoona however doesn't want her to feel burdened and she smiled back in reassurance. 'I'm taking this chance to help you because I know after this, it's over.'

 

"Okay." Taking her paper from the last time, Seohyun wrote down what happened today so far.

 

Yoona rubs the young writer's head gently. "You'll get better, I know that. But thank you for this. This cheer me up." It flutters her heart despite being innocent.

 

"That's another ice cream." Seohyun playfully said earning a chuckle.

 

"No. Once was enough." Yoona however couldn't allow it and the younger cutely pouted. "We'll have lunch later."

 

"Okay." Sighing, Seohyun returned to the paper.

 

Yoona can't resist and pinch her puffy cheeks but the younger sulk and ignore her. "Aigoo."

 

 

***

 

 

After processing everything in the cashier, Yoona skips like a child, passing all the patients, nurses and doctors as she heads straight to Seohyun's room, holding the envelope which contains the bill, medical files and the discharged slip for the younger. She was really so happy because it only took three weeks for her to stay in the hospital.

 

As soon as she arrived, Seohyun is already being assisted by the nurse who is taking out her IV. "We're so going home, Joohyun." She announced with a big smile on her face, waving the envelope.

 

"Thank you, Yoona." Seohyun is so grateful. Besides the doctor and nurses, the latter is like the main reasons she recovered fast. Her caring and how sweet she is totally giving her strength every day. "I don't think there's no other reason for me to get discharged this early. It was all because of you." She softly and sincerely says.

 

Yoona took her hand to place the envelope on her hands. "No, thank you because you did not give up. I will be here for you whenever you need me, araso?" She did wait for her answer as she went to the sofa to gather her stuffs.

 

"I will make up this to you, one day." Seohyun said as she slowly takes a seat on the wheelchair.

 

"No need. You don't have to." Yoona easily got the handle of the wheelchair behind the younger girl.

 

"Wait, I can-"

 

"Let me do this for you, Hmm?" She cuts her words and started pushing not before she said thanks to the nurse.

 

Seohyun sighs and just allow her. "I'm coming home." She utters softly as her lips curved into an excited smile. She's already anticipating to see the picture frames of her parents and hopefully she'll recognize them. Although she's still yet to recall a thing from the past, she's positive that she will start remembering them once she's back on her apartment where there are a lot of memories there. She's going to remember them step by step, one at a time.

 

Minutes later, they arrived at the parking lot and Yoona opened the car for her. She decided to give her a ride from the backseat and the latter didn't mind at all.

 

"Yoona, do you like music while driving?" Seohyun asks as she realized it's quiet once she started driving.

 

"Ah yeah." Yoona the radio. "But I doubt will listen to good songs at this time of the season." She chuckled softly.

 

"It's fine. I just don't like it when it's quiet." Seohyun shared and she comfortably leaned into her seat, looking out the window as the snow are starting to fall again.

 

"I'm sorry." Yoona apologizes as she mentally reminded herself.

 

"When is Christmas?" Seohyun suddenly thought of the occasion and she looked at the deer in excitement.

 

"In two weeks. Wae?" Yoona raises her eyebrows as she glanced to the younger through the mirror. Even though she's excited as well, she's curious what's in her mind.

 

"What do you usually do when it's Christmas?" Seohyun added another question without leaving her eyes outsids.

 

"Go on a dinner with friends. Giving gifts to the people you care for."

 

"Do I do that too?"

 

Yoona loved what she heard. "You do. You always make sure you can't miss giving gifts to everyone."

 

"Especially you?" Seohyun's eyes immediately averted to the doe-eyed. She's looking at her side profile.

 

Yoona chuckled. "Yes." She couldn't deny that fact since they're dating.

 

"I knew it." Seohyun couldn't be happier. "Hmm, I'm thinking now on what to give."

 

"Don't bother. Just focus on your rest and gain back your strength."

 

"I already did you know."

 

"How can you say that?"

 

"You always limit our fun times back from the hospital. And your cheerful side is giving me strength always so there's no need to." she said as a matter of fact.

 

Yoona nodded. "Okay. But I should tell you the same."

 

Seohyun giggles as she felt giddy inside and later, she flutters and got quiet.

 

"We should celebrate your discharged."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you want to eat pizza?" Yoona couldn't help and tease the younger girl who had been craving for fast foods. She glances to her seat and the latter is bobbing her head up and down nonstop. "We'll make a call then." She really loves it when she looks over some food or fun. It's like feeding her child.

 

 

***

 

 

Upon arriving in her apartment, Seohyun immediately felt welcomed as she felt warm and it was like what she imagined, just a simple home but holds a lot of memories. She immediately noticed a picture on the wall which is her portrait when she graduated from college.

 

"Your father drew that. Two weeks ago, before the graduation day."

 

"Chincha?" She felt quietly sad knowing it must be during the days she's suffering cancer.

 

"Your parents are so proud of you, Joohyun."

 

"If only I could remember."

 

Yoona sighs and give the younger one a brief comfort through rubbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter