Final 3.5

Winter Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Pa-pardon?" Yoona dropped her fork unconsciously.

 

Seohyun realized what she said and quickly looked down to her food. "I-I mean... You are really can't hard to be like by anyone. Yeah, that's what I meant." She sighs and took her fork to busy herself with the meal while she's mentally scolding herself for blurting those words. She wasn't careful at all.

 

'This isn't happening.' Yoona thought while she couldn't look away from the younger girl. She doesn't want her to fall for her. But things aren't seem going on plan. She's liking her even without her memories or telling her the truth. It's giving her worries because she would rather see her as a friend than someone more than that because she thinks she doesn't deserve it. 'How am I going to stop her from falling for me?' And it's a big problem for her.

 

"Yoona, did you see that candy store earlier?" Seohyun finally broke her silence and looked back at her.

 

"Yes, why?" Yoona snapped back to reality immediately and casually answered after biting on her salad.

 

"Can we go there? I want to buy one." A cute yet childlike smile appeared in Seohyun's face. "You told me to do something that will trigger my memory right? This could help for my childhood."

 

Yoona nodded her head. "You're right. If you feel like it, it might bring back your memories from your childhood."

 

"I know right?"

 

"But not too big candies or chocolates. I saw those kids buying it there."

 

Seohyun giggles. "Yes. You don't have to worry."

 

"I'll do more research later about your situation then."

 

"Let's go ice skating too."

 

"Tomorrow." Yoona couldn't allow it.

 

"Why not after?"

 

"We have to rest after you fell and the fishing festival is later." Yoona reminded and casually grabbed the table napkin and wipes away the little dirt on the younger girl's cheek. She smiled briefly before she returned to her salad.

 

"Okay. We're one week here either way. We have a lot of time later." Seohyun also reminded herself for that.

 

"Do you know that Friday is your favorite day of the week?" Yoona unconsciously shared.

 

"Why?"

 

"It's because you get to see your favorite player's game. Also, it means to finally relax from work. You get to spend time with your friends. You guys usually go out on a group movie date."

 

Seohyun smiled as she imagined it. "How I wish I'll get to do that again."

 

"Definitely doing that one of these days." Yoona assures.

 

"Yes?"

 

Yoona smiled meaningfully. "I invited them here and they agreed to meet us." As she excitedly told her. "Maybe in two days. Just before Christmas they'll get to spend time with you and me."

 

"That's a great idea, Yoona. I really owe you a lot now."

 

"Aigoo, like I said. I'm with you with this recovery. I will do this until everything is now back." Yoona flashes a sincere warm smile.

 

Seohyun is just too grateful for the deer's existence in her life. She doesn't have a reason to decline nor complain. "I'll wash the dishes then." She got up as she announced right away, noticing the doe-eyed had finish her meal. She took her plate and brought their plates to the sink.

 

"B-But, Seo-"

 

"Relax in the living room. I got it." Seohyun is determined and the doe-eyed had no choice but to comply.

 

'Well this isn't bad. She used to do the dishes back then.' Yoona thought as she comfortably takes her seat on the sofa and sighs. She can now feel how exhausted her body is from doing all the sled earlier. As much as she wants to do the ski too, it's dangerous especially for Seohyun. She couldn't risk her safety.

 

Letting out a huge yawn, she grabs the pillow nearby and unconsciously lied down. Her eyes are getting heavier each second until she fell asleep. Her snores eventually can be heard in a quiet living room which Seohyun can hear from the kitchen.

 

"She's snoring just like in the hospital." Seohyun said as she giggles, recalling back when it was Yoona first who fell asleep before her. Her snores are loud but it's not annoying. They're like a hum from an angel.

 

Moments later after she finished the easy task, she went upstairs to get a blanket and put it on Yoona to make her warmer. "Aigoo." And her heart is fluttering once again to see how pretty she looked like but she could see her exhaustion. She really likes her but something's telling her not to mind it since she's just seems seeing her as a friend. She can't take her for granted.

 

"Wait, what about the candy store?" She suddenly thought of it and the deer is sleeping which she can't disturb. "I'll be back before you know it." She decided to just leave on her own but didn't missed to bring her phone to make sure she can call the doe-eyed if something happens.

 

-

 

Just like every child, it was heaven for her when arrived at the candy store and there are a lot of kids, boys and girls with their parents.

 

'I'm maybe like them back then.' Her smile is as wide as the kids as she began to stroll around.

 

"Omma I want this!"

 

"Appa I want this!"

 

Every kid is pointing to the candy that they like. It's totally a joy in her heart listening to cute voices around her.

 

Then out of a sudden, one kid started crying on the floor, causing for the parents to quickly comfort her and just get what she likes.

 

"I could see myself." Seohyun giggles but she's envy at the same time.

 

A few more rounds to choose which one she will get; she ends up getting what she likes. Two big lollipops, a pack of chewy candies, gummy bears and the very popular, snowflake cotton candy which she eats immediately after paying for it.

 

Just as she was about to leave the store, she saw a polar bear stuff toy being sold from the same store. It makes her think of a gift for Yoona. But she decided to leave and look for a store that might fit for what she's thinking to give. "She'll love this." Without a doubt, she entered a store that sells different kinds of hat and caps. She figured the deer loves to wear it since in the hospital. She must be collecting them because she wears different kinds of it.

 

-

 

While going back to their rented place, she saw couples being too sweet with each other, holding hands while walking and would kiss from time to time as they pass on her.

 

She unconsciously imagined her and Yoona doing the same thing which causes her to quickly knock her own head and hurried herself to the woodened rest house.

 

Upon arriving, Yoona's snore immediately greeted her and she carefully approached the sofa to see her beautiful sleeping face. "Such a sleepy head." She giggles and flick her forehead before going upstairs to put her stuffs down and she continued enjoying the candies she bought.

 

 

***

 

 

"Yoona wake up... wake up please... Yoongie... wake up...  Help me please..."

 

The noises around slowly woke one doe-eyed girl up from her deep slumber. It took her some time before she realizes Seohyun is the one doing it and she was surprise to see her crying while she's holding her stomach. "Are you okay?" And she doesn't look good. She quickly got up and pull her up to guide her to sit on the sofa.

 

"My stomach hurts." Seohyun confesses. Sweats are all over her face.

 

"Didn't we just eat salad? Why are you having that?"

 

"I... went out to buy candies. I'm sorry."

 

"What? And you ate them all?" Yoona is in disbelief and it furious her.

 

"Yes. I'm sorry Yoona." Seohyun looked down in shame and apologetically.

 

"Aigoo. Stay here. I'll get you pill. Don't ever leave, araso? Be right back." The older girl hastily grabs her coat and wore it. She hurriedly went out and headed to a nearby pharmacy. It was easy for her buy one and returned to find the younger girl is still feeling ill. "Let's return to your room." She asks her as she offers her hand. "It'll be fine, don't worry." She assures her as they walk upstairs.

 

Seohyun smiled weakly only while she's holds Yoona's arm, like her life depend on her. She took a seat at edge of the bed and the older feeds her with the medicine before she drinks the water and swallow it.

 

"It seems we're not going to fishing festival then." Yoona let out a long sigh, disappointed with what the younger have done.

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun pouted sadly, feeling ashamed of herself.

 

Yoona rubs her head gently. "Just don't do that again, okay? You don't want to have diabetes, do you?" She chuckles softly. 

 

Seohyun shook her head. "I promise I won't now." She means it.

 

"That's good. Lie down and have some rest." Yoona instructed as she gestured.

 

Slowly complying, Seohyun can't leave her eyes to the deer while she's watching her. "We're not really going?" But she's sad about it. 

 

"No." Yoona firmly says. "But we can tomorrow."

 

"Chincha? Thank you, Yoona." Seohyun smiled brightly as she got excited again.

 

"Sleep. I'll wake you up later for dinner." Pulling the covers under her chin, Yoona then sweetly smiled to the younger girl when their eyes met.

 

"Thanks again." Seohyun's heart is beating fast even though it was only just a split second the doe-eyed smiled and just leave casually. She couldn't help and sigh because she couldn't deny the fact that she likes her. She's pretty handsome, cool, sweet, caring, kind and really admirable. There are no other friends of her that's probably like her. 

 

She pulled the covers up her head so she could talk to her. "What if we're actually been dating? But she just couldn't tell me because I couldn't remember a thing? Aish, that's nonsense. She wouldn't lie to me. But I feel like she also likes me. And she's just pretending she doesn't. Wait, what am I thinking?" She quickly pushes the covers down and shifted her body to the right, grabs the ice bear stuff toy and hug it close to her before she closed her eyes to try to sleep. The pain on her stomach is subsiding and it's making her sleepy at the same time. She soon drifted to her dreamland, smiling like a fool as her mind is still occupied by how Yoona touches her head and smile towards her earlier.

 

Yoona downstairs is sitting on the sofa while she's busy searching for any way to trigger Seohyun's memories from the past. She was too focus to it that she missed a phone call of Seohyun's doctor. She put it into silent mode accidentally earlier.

 

 

***

 

 

With matching pink jacket padding, white pants, pink gloves and boots, Seohyun and Yoona is more like a couple to the other's eyes as they joined the fishing festival that took place in the ski resort's freezing river. But they don't care as they dig into the frozen river together that's taking time. But all worth it when they finally saw the water and they set up their fishing rod.

 

"How many fish does this river have?" Seohyun randomly ask Yoona while she's sitting on a small bench and patiently waits for any fish to be caught.

 

"Why?" Yoona just simply replied.

 

"Because there are a lot of people trying to catch too. Most of them have already caught a lot." Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter