Final 1.5

Winter Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seohyun woke up the following day only to realize she's still in her car and she never left the parking lot. Her neck is in pain but her heart is more than in pain that she wished she'll die at the very moment.

 

It took her some time before she finally her engine and carefully drives off of the parking lot. She's glad the road isn't full of snow anymore and there's no snow falling, as it's easy for her to drive.

 

However, as time passes by, the sight last night which really hard to forget is giving her a reason to slow down as her tears are once again dropping helplessly and her heartache is unbearable. It's still hard to believe. It's still hard to forget. She thought all the sweet words, promises coming from Yoona are all true. Turns out, she had been blind from it. Or was she the problem? She hopes not.

 

Suddenly, her phone rings from the pocket of her coat and she tried to get it but when she got it, it slipped away and she dropped it. She tried to focus on the road while she's trying to find it underneath with her free hand but it's hard that she decided to leave her eyes on the road and find the phone.

 

She hastily picked it up when she found it and turned her attention to the road only to be met by an incoming car. Before she could avoid it, it was too late as her car crashes knocking her off when her head hit the headrest of her seat due to the impact.

 

-

 

Yoona who woke up late not because of her phone alarm but because of the ringing sound. It took her a minute for her to move from her bed to pick it up and was confuse to see an unknown caller. "Hello?" She just lazily answered the call as she slowly lied back to her bed. But she jolted up again when she heard Seohyun is in the hospital. "What hospital?" She exclaimed as she started looking for her coat. "Got it. Thank you." She found it from her laundry basket and she has no time to even change her clothes as she just put on her coat, grabs her car keys and stormed outside her apartment.

 

While driving on the road, her heart is beating fast in worries. Seohyun, according to the nurse is on surgery after a car crash early in the morning. Her worries are beyond knowing she's the only person that can be her guardian since her girlfriend was an orphan ever since her parents died from a cancer.

 

"Come on." She slaps the wheels upon meeting a traffic on the way. "Aish!" It frustrates her that she keeps pressing the honk. "I HAVE AN EMERGENCY! FOR GOD'S SAKE!" She furiously screams.

 

After a while as the traffic started moving, she has to speed up and make sure no police will catch her. She couldn't care less. But it was all worth it when she arrived in the hospital without anything to worry besides Seohyun. She fills up a paper where she put her name as her guardian and will take responsibility with her medical bills.

 

"I'm sorry. I couldn't finish my work today. I'm in the hospital. My girlfriend had a car accident. Yes, I'll make sure to send it once I got the time. Thank you for your understanding." She let out a huge relief of sigh upon hearing her boss let her stay by Seohyun's side through a phone call. She took a seat nearby and halfheartedly watches the surgery room's door. According to the nurse, the surgery will take half of the day because of bad injury on her head. It makes her felt so guilty after hurting her last night. If only she followed her, she wouldn’t have met an accident. She doesn't deserve such accident and she blame for it.

 

It's even sadder because Christmas is coming then they're like that.

 

"I'm really so so sorry, Baby." She sighs heavily one more time as she leaned her head to the wall behind her. Her lips are dry and eyes are half-close when she suddenly heard her stomach growl.

 

-

 

After like seemed forever of waiting, Yoona woke up again when she felt a poke on her shoulder. She abruptly got up and follows the nurse who gesture her to follow her and she was led to Seohyun’s room.

 

"The doctor will be here later so just wait here and look after her." The Nurse said and left her.

 

Seohyun is wearing a surgical cap that protects her surgery, which breaks her heart. But she couldn't stay close with her. She finds herself just watching her by the door afraid and is feeling guilty. She couldn’t leave however as she stayed there until the doctor arrived and almost knock her off when the door suddenly opens behind her.

 

"What are you doing there?" The Doctor chuckled because the doe-eyed can be seen standing by the door again. "Come here, I'm going to explain to you what happened and it took us half of the day to end the operation."

 

Yoona reluctantly approached the door and she's all ears when the latter began. It breaks her heart what happened because it might lose her memory. And probably she will not remember her as her. But on the bright side, she won't remember the night she hurt her. But that doesn't also feel good for her heart knowing what she did. It would still better she'll wake up later without any memory loss.

 

 

***

 

 

After learning none of Seohyun's friend will have time to at least look after while she leave to change her clothes, she decided to ask a nurse to look after her. She returned to the hospital two hours later, bringing more clothes and pillows, as it seems she will be spending her winter in the hospital while Seohyun recovers from the car accident.

 

While she's busy on her laptop to finish her remaining work, she would glance to Seohyun from time to time. It makes her smile however as she realizes they're going to celebrate Christmas together, unlike what she imagined last night. And it also makes her remember the last Christmas they spent together

 

Flashback...

 

"Yes, I'm cooking for dinner. You don't have to buy any presents. You're my presents already."

 

[Babo. I just pass the bakeshop. Get ready baby.]

 

"Yeah, I'm always ready." With that said, Yoona ended the call and returned her focus to the prawn on the pawn she's cooking. Just a minute and she transferred it to a plate and put some decorations on it before she places it on the tray together with the other dishes. She then brought it to the living room and places the plates on top of the coffee table and return to the kitchen to get the red wine and glasses. Without wasting time, she heads upstairs and changes her clothes into a nicer one.

 

As she makes her way back to the living room, she heard the doorbell and quickly opened it to welcome her girlfriend with a warm hug first then guided her to the cozy living room with candles everywhere on the floor.

 

"This is a Christmas dinner or Anniversary?" Seohyun chuckled because the older one would always make sure there are candles if they have dinner date in her apartment.

 

"It's Christmas of course." Yoona said as she casually helped her girlfriend take off of her heavy coat. She hangs it on her rack before joining her to the sofa.

 

Seohyun couldn't missed the chance first and she handed the paper bag. "Merry Christmas baby. It's our fifth-year celebration as a couple." She sweetly smiled.

 

"Ugh, I already told you not to bother." Yoona sighs but she accepted it and opens the paper bag. "Oh, it's a hat." She quickly wore it on her head and cute smile.

 

"You look so classy." Seohyun praises, didn't regret she chooses the black hat for her girlfriend.

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"I know you've been meeting with high class clients because of your job. You need that."

 

Yoona chuckles. "I do need this. Especially when there are business women in front of me. They sometimes looked down to my fashion." She took the hat and places it besides her. "I also got a gift. Hold on." She got up and went to her room. She returned and handed her the paper bag containing her gift as well.

 

Seohyun just casually check what's inside but to her surprise, there's a box inside. She took out and untangle the ribbon before a baseball greeted her eyes. "Omo." And there's a signature of her favorite player, Lee Min Ho. "How-how did you manage to get this?" She's literally in disbelief. Her favorite player is a popular pitcher in her favorite baseball team that it's hard to even get his signature. "Or this isn't true?"

 

"What are you saying?" Yoona snickers. "I really met your favorite player last week. Well it was through our General Manager who is fond of baseball too. He took us there and we manage to have the chance to get close with the players. I grab the opportunity." She grinned and took the flash drive from the box. She got up and went behind her tv.

 

"What's... that?" Seohyun is still speechless but is curious about the flash drive as well that was include on the box.

 

Yoona didn't answer. She just the tv and returned to her seat.

 

Seohyun almost scream in surprise once her favorite player appeared on the screen. She covered almost immediately as she listens to his message.

 

"I didn't know someone idolizes me this much. But I want to thank you, Seohyun-ssi because your support gives me strength. I hope you well and hopefully we meet soon. Saranghae." Minho ended it with a finger heart.

 

"Saranghae, Minho-ssi." Seohyun dramatically fainted on her girlfriend's lap but she quickly composed herself and grabs her girlfriend's face to kiss her on the lips a few times. "Thank you, thank you, thank you baby." She ended it with a tight hug. She always love it when her girlfriend shows a support on her weird fangirling over a baseball player. "This is the best gift ever." She sincerely said as she shed a few tears and sniffles as she wipes them away herself.

 

Yoona is amused and happy to see her girlfriend's reaction. She's just too adorable who wouldn't like to see her happiness?

 

"Anyway, let's have dinner before you could create a river of your tears." She playfully said as she casually handed her girlfriend her chopsticks.

 

"You really prepared well." Seohyun giggles as she had her first bite on the prawn pasta. "Jjang." She definitely loved it and give her a thumb up.

 

"I only do this for you." Yoona sweetly said. She casually eat her own cooked food.

 

"No one's going to experience this except me then." Said Seohyun as she's now enjoying their food. It's just soo good that she couldn't stopped biting after biting.

 

"One day, I'm going to make a menu and you have to choose which one you are going to eat."

 

"Silly." Chuckled the younger girl.

 

"Wait." Yoona almost forgot. She took her phone from the side of the coffee table and held it before them. "Merry Christmas, Baby." She smiled so big.

 

"Merry Christmas." And Seohyun mirrored the doe-eyed before their selfie together was captured. She didn't waste time and she returned to her food, totally in heaven after the surprise gift from her girlfriend.

 

Yoona is smiling lovingly to her girlfriend. She is beyond happy by just watching her happiness. And she ends up giving it to her all night by watching her favorite movies.

 

End Of Flashback...

 

She snapped out of her own reality when she realizes the window was opened and strong winds entered the room. Quick to react, she closes the windows back and she check on Seohyun if she wasn't feeling cold. She let out a relieved of sigh when she's warm. But she still has to pull the cover up on her chest and returned to her seat.

 

"I know what I did was so wrong because... I thought she was you. I was hypnotized or something that my mind wasn't thinking right and dived into the temptation. I missed you for two weeks though... and I was working all day and night. Still unacceptable reason for committing such sin. Aigoo, please wake up now. I don't want to see you like this forever." Few tears are once again dropping the corner of her eyes as she felt so bad herself and sorry for what happened.

 

After a while, she felt sleepy and instead of using the sofa, she decided to finally sit next to her bed and watches her close while she's falling asleep slowly.

 

 

***

 

 

"Can you tell where are you right now?" asks the Doctor softly to Seohyun who woke up couple of minutes earlier but hasn't speak since then and she looked lost and wouldn't respond to his question. "Seohyun, if you can hear me right now, turn your head to the left." He added and his patient did as what he told her. He asks the nurse to take down notes. He proceeds on touch her hand and pressing gently on it. "This, can you feel it? Nod your head if you can."

 

Seohyun slowly nodded.

 

With her response, the doctor proceed to his legs and the latter could feel it too.

 

"Where... are... we?" After numerous of tests on her, Seohyun finally formed a question and she ask the doctor. "Who... are you?"

 

"I'm your Doctor Miss Seo and you're in the hospital. I'm here to help you recover."

 

"From what?" Seohyun doesn't remember a thing that she got a lot of questions after a moment of silence.

 

The Doctor sighs as he expects the memory loss due to head injury. But before he can ask her again, she beats him series of questions.

 

"Seo? Was that my name? Who am I?"

 

"Do I have a family? Friends? Siblings? How old am I? Where do I live? How did I get here? Why aren't you answering my questions?" Seohyun abruptly sits up but the nurse keeps her down. "YAH! LET GO OF ME!" and keeps wiggling as she struggles from the hold on her shoulders. "PLEASE I NEED SOME ANSWERS!!! WHAT AM I DOING HERE? WHERE DID I COME FROM???!!!" But she couldn't stop from screaming as she really felt so lost at the moment and there's no one answering all her questions. Her mind is totally blackout that It's frustrating and pissing her off at the same time.

 

The Doctor is quick as he injected Seohyun something that will calm her down. It took only a minute and she is calm once again but it breaks the doctor's heart to see his patient's tears rolling down her cheeks. She's really desperate to know herself.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona's watching from the outside, feeling so sad and worried to learn the younger girl doesn't recall everything even her past and herself.

 

 

***

 

 

It took so many hours before the deer has the courage to enter the room and the moment Seohyun meet her eyes, the latter got scared and hides behind the comforter.

 

"Please don't inject anything. I won't ask anymore." Seohyun begs as she thought the person is a nurse. She's trembling in fear that she doesn't want to leave from hiding.

 

"I'm... I'm not here to do that. I'm... Here to talk to you. I mean, I want to help you... Answer all the questions in your head right now." Yoona softly says as she slowly approached her. But she stopped on the bed's feet only.

 

Seohyun contemplated for a while before she just peeks behind her comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter