Chapter 2: A Bloody Beginning

The Rogue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The bearers put down the palanquin and lowered their heads to the ground, waiting for their future queen to step out of it. Haeun was wearing a black dress with tiny gold threads, tight on her chest but cropped on her shoulders. Her silky hair was falling behind two shining earrings over her beautiful white skin, giving the viewers just a small glimpse of her attractive collarbones. There was no doubt that all the ladies in Exgard would consider that type of dress ''scandalous'' and ''intolerable'' but in Arthgard, the dress code was set by the queen herself. 

 

As she stepped down from the palanquin, her new personal guard came by her side.He was tall and well built. His face was a mystery for everyone as it was always covered by a red piece of clothing. His long hair was tied up in a pony tail, falling over the metal spikes of his armor.  His name was Kang Daesung and he was known to be Arthgard's best swordsman. He was King Moon-Sik's last gift to his daughter. A man of honor, a true warrior who would never let his personal reasons get in the way of his mission. Daesung took many lives during Moon-Sik's reign but never the lives of innocents. 

 

" I know that my father asked you to protect me but I do not intend to have your blood on my hands, '' said Haeun before she her side and faced him. 

 

" I don't know what will happen once we get inside the castle as I heard many rumors about the dangers from this court. I can't ask you to risk your life for mine,'' she continued. 

 

'' My life purpose is to serve you and the realm. I am not doing it because the king forced me but because I believe in you and in the future you can give to Arthgard, Your Majesty. " Daesung politely said before he knelt down in front of his queen. 

 

Haeun straightened her shoulders and lifted her chin. 

 

" Thank you. You can stand up now,'' she softly replied.

 

He bowed his head to the ground before he stood up and looked at her. Their eyes met briefly and Daesung couldn't help but notice that his queen's emotions were not easy to hide on her innocent face. The worriedness was evident in the crease of her brows and in the down-curve of her delicate lips.

 

He shortly nodded, placing his hand on the sword in order to reassure her that there was nothing to fear. Haeun weakly smiled before she turned her eyes back to the castle. The dark stones layered on top of each other, having various shapes and sizes meanwhile the towers were pointing out, giving it the look of an eccentric crown.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter