Chapter 4

Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

It's a friday afternoon, Jessica is at the garden area of their school. She's busy reading a book as she waits for her step-sister to come back from the cafeteria.

"Look, Karen and Mr. Kwon are walking to the office together." Jessica tore her eyes away from the book she's reading to look for Yuri. She indeed saw Yuri and one of the student councils going inside the office. "They are always together nowadays, she's so lucky.."

"I know, I'm jealous. I wonder how she got Mr. Kwon's attention. Did she offer her-"

"Shh. His Niece might hear you."

Jessica glared at the girls sitting at the bench, "We're not related and stop thinking bad about him, he's not that kind of guy." She angrily stood up and gathered her stuff then walked away.

"I hate those girls.. I hate that Karen!" She mumbled as she walks to the library, she hates how Yuri is getting attention from everyone. "Why are they always together?" She angrily asked herself.

She stepped inside the library and carelessly put her bag on the mahogany table where Seohyun is studying, "Unnie, keep quiet." the younger girl pulled her to sit next to her. "What's wrong, unnie?"

"nothing.." She crossed her arms and sighed, She couldn't tell anything to Seohyun since she is Yuri's niece, Irene is the only one who knows all her secrets but her sister was not there. "Where is the bunny?" she asked.

"Irene went to the lobby, Wendy and Krystal were looking for her."

She creased her eyebrows, she's confused as to why the two kids went there. They go to the same school but there is a wall that separates them from the elementary school kids.

"Why are they here? And where is Yerim?"

"I don't know, she just got a call from Wendy asking her to see them at the lobby.." Seohyun answered without taking her eyes off the book.

Irene then went inside the library and saw them, "unnie.." she called and joined them.

"Why were the kids here?"

"Oh, they just introduced me to their friend, Suzy and gave me these." She showed them two boxes of cupcakes with different colored frosting, each box has five cupcakes. "This purple box is mine, Wendy gave it to me. The other box is for the five of us, Krystal made them."

"That's a bit unfair." Seohyun pouted. "Why did Wendy exclusively gave you the cupcakes she made? I'm her cousin here. That kid has her favorites." she tried acting jealous.

Irene chuckles, "Alright, You can have mine."

"Wait.." Jessica has her eyes wide open at the new information, "They have baking class? Why didn't I know that?"

Irene and Seohyun looked at her in disbelief, "They take their baked goods at home, don't you noticed the pastries at home? I saw you eating the other day, unnie." the latter said.

"Was that from them? I thought Dad brought it home from the café. It's so good, I didn't know Krystal likes to bake. Gosh, I'm such a terrible unnie."

"You're really a terrible sister." the students in the library turned their heads to Tiffany who just entered the room with her loud voice.

"Shh. Ms. Stephanie Hwang, you can stay outside if you're going to talk so loud." the librarian called her out.

"I'm sorry." Tiffany bowed and settled next to Irene. She then glared at Jessica, "You left me, Jessi. I asked you to wait for me so we can go to the library together, didn't I?"

"Well, You were taking so long to come back so I just decided to come here."

"Still, You should've waited for me to come back!" Tiffany whined even more.

"drama queen.." Jessica rolled her eyes, "you're here now and we're together, pouting doesn't make you cute." she told her.

"You really wouldn't let me have my moment to get mad.." Tiffany shook her head.

"So annoying.."

"Oh by the way, did you hear the kids talking about Uncle Yuri and that Karen?" Tiffany suddenly asked as she heard some students talking about her Uncle and another student when she went to the library, "it's so annoying how they can easily conclude something after seeing two people together?"

Jessica rolled her eyes as she got reminded of the reason why she left the garden earlier, "I know right?They accused Yuri of doing something with that girl.. I bet this Karen likes Yuri and she will take advantage of his kindness."

"Unnie, Don't judge people like that." Seohyun told her.

"You're just jelly." Irene mumbled enough for Jessica to hear.

"What did you say?"

"I said you want some jelly.. Seohyun-ah, let's go buy some snacks for the unnies." Irene said and yanked Seohyun from her seat to escape from Jessica who is now glaring at her.

***

"We're home!" The Hwang and Jung kids with Yuri announced while taking their footwear off then put them nicely on the shoe rack as they one by one get into the house.

"Unnie!" they were greeted by Yerim who was playing in the living room. She pulled Irene to her scattered toys and showed her a huge box, "Look, Daddy bought me a dollhouse."

"Your Dad is here?" Jessica asked.

"No, I mean, Daddy Yunho."

"Oh.. Yeah.. You also call him Dad, How could I forget.." 

Yerim pouted thinking that her step-sisters doesn't want her to call Yunho her Daddy. "I'm not gonna call him Dad again."

Irene glared at her, Jessica's tone sometimes comes off offensive. "What did you do, unnie?"

Jessica shook her head and leaned down, "Oh, no.. I didn't mean it that way, Yerimie.. Our Dad is also your dad."

"Just like how our mom is also their mom." Tiffany cooed.

"Really? I can still call your Dad my Daddy Yunho?"

"of course, Yerimie. But do not forget your real dad, okay?"

"Yes.."

They suddenly heard Boa shouting from the kitchen, "Kids.. Go get change, the dinner's ready and we're leaving right after."

They all nodded and went to their rooms to get change, They had dinner together and left their home right after to go to Boa's hometown to celebrate Wendy's birthday.

"Are you guys doing okay there?" Boa asked the kids in the backseat.

"I'm starving." Krystal groaned.

"This brat is always hungry." Taeyeon loudly said as he reached for his bag, he took out some snacks that he prepared for his siblings, knowing that Krystal or Yerim will complain of being hungry on their way to Boa's hometown. He then passed it to Seohyun to hand the snack over to Krystal. "Share it to Yerim." He told her.

"I know, oppa. Thanks."

Taeyeon closed his eyes and was about to sleep but then Yerim suddenly squealed, "Oppa, I also have an english name!" She said out of nowhere.

"O-Okay.." Taeyeon was taken aback at her.

"It's Katy.. Seohyun unnie's is Margaret." the active six year old said.

"So, do you want me to call you Katy or Yerim?"

"Yeri." the little girl said and their parents in the front laughed at her.

"She's so random." Boa commented while shaking her head. She took her phone out to check Yuri and the other four kids who are in the other car.

She opened the chat app to check on the other kids. 

She sighs and put her phone down, Yuri must be having a hard time with Jessica and Tiffany since those two girls are always arguing. Yunho noticed his Wife's in deep thought as he glanced at her. He reached out for her hand and squeezed it.

"Is everything okay?" He asked gently.

"Yeah.. I just hope Yuri has enough patience for the kids."

"Don't stress yourself out, Honey. It's not good for you." Yunho told her and she nodded. "You should take a nap."

"Okay."

***

Yuri was feeling peaceful, after a few minutes of childish fights, Jessica and Tiffany are finally done and now they kept quiet.

He glanced at the back only to see Irene and Wendy sleeping with their heads leaning on each other while Tiffany was busy with her phone. As for Jessica, she's there in the passenger seat next to him humming some song that's unfamiliar to him.

"Are you okay?" He heard Jessica asked when he breathed a long sigh.

He took a glance at her and she was staring at him, "Yeah.. Are you not sleepy?"

The sixteen year old girl shook her head, "I can't sleep when I know that you need someone to talk to you."

The statement made him smile, "You're thoughtful, Jessica."

"only for special people.." She said and glanced to him.

"Yeah, like your family and I'm happy to be part of your family."

The girl rolled her eyes, Yuri will always unknowingly rub into her face that they are family and can't be together and she hates that.

"Whatever." She mumbled and busies herself with her phone.

Yuri smiled, Jessica will probably be busy herse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter